British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Have you looked Steve ? I have No idea if Tai has ever raised Money in Oz, Unless The Rob Woffinden meeting can be classed as a fund raiser.

The key is if he has them im sure someone will bring it forward as an argument.

Has Tai even competed in all the Rob Woffinden meetings?

It's not like Tai set up his dads charity fund raiser more to do with other people feeling the need to set it up.

I'm one of those British fans .... I don't care who he represents, where he lives and retires but I do care that he doesn't give a toss about racing in British speedway.

Its a fact of life though that successful GP riders have cut the UK out in order to be fresher for the GP rounds, the proof of the pudding is that Tai won it again last season. I would rather have a British world champion than a rider who is 'loyal' to the EL but halfway down the GP standings.

Until British Speedway decides to fit round GP riders we really can't moan about them not riding over here.

• Like 2

I'm sure GB if the rewards in the UK were on par with Poland and Sweden then the riders would find away of keeping fresh for the GPs

• Like 3

Thats hardly an exclusive club now is it Trees ? Judging by the way the riders at Lynn just turn and head back to the pits after a race, just shows the total lack of intetest that many riders have for the fans. One day the fans will wake up a see that to the riders It is just a job.

Lynn Fixtures

http://www.kingslynnstars.co/2016/01/21/2016-elite-league-fixtures-announced/

I agree that most of last years team showed no interest in doing a lap of honour after a win but if they think it's just a job maybe it should be put in their job description. The younger fans want to see their heroes celebrating doing wheelies so Rob and Buster should make sure that they do.

Not really, they can ride once a week on set days in those countries, far less hassle and running about.

Its a fact of life though that successful GP riders have cut the UK out in order to be fresher for the GP rounds, the proof of the pudding is that Tai won it again last season. I would rather have a British world champion than a rider who is 'loyal' to the EL but halfway down the GP standings.

Until British Speedway decides to fit round GP riders we really can't moan about them not riding over here.

I would rather we enjoy the talent of our British riders on our British tracks weekly rather than once a year at Cardiff, each to their own ......

But would you feel the same if BSI weren't involved ;)

What does people think about the fixture list eg riding against the same team home and away within a few days let's hope that there is no aggro in the first meeting.

Tai made his choice when offered to ride for either Country and he went British. At That time the British route to competing on an international stage was probaly less 'cluttered' He had a lot of riders in front of him at that particular time ( Crump, Adams, Holder etc). So I would suggest it he made the correct commercial decision. The Boy was brought up in OZ, so obviously has allegiance to that Country. It's a bit like in Football terms when Jurgan Klinsmann was manager of the USA and playing In Germany in the World Cup Finals. A German Through and Through but wanted badly for the US to beat them.

Didn't he only choose GB because his grandmother? Said she would never speak to him again or something like that??

Otherwise he would of chosen AUSTRALIA!!!!

I would rather we enjoy the talent of our British riders on our British tracks weekly rather than once a year at Cardiff, each to their own ......

Completely agree. There is only one reason why they won't ride here (and we're only talking about very few riders who are actually in the GPs anyway) and that's money. That's their choice and they're entitled to make it but our speedway shouldn't be held ransom to the rich few. I don't think it will be long before the money runs out in both Poland and Sweden, tracks are already struggling. Anyway, what's all this got to do with King's Lynn?

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 2

But would you feel the same if BSI weren't involved ;)

Ye's of course!

Didn't he only choose GB because his grandmother? Said she would never speak to him again or something like that??

Never read that before!

What does people think about the fixture list eg riding against the same team home and away within a few days let's hope that there is no aggro in the first meeting.

On the contrary, let's hope there is, will still be fresh 😉

I agree that most of last years team showed no interest in doing a lap of honour after a win but if they think it's just a job maybe it should be put in their job description. The younger fans want to see their heroes celebrating doing wheelies so Rob and Buster should make sure that they do.

100% they should, ridiculous if they don't!

Pure nonsense.

Test. It does. :lol:

It hasn't for a few days now...

I had responded to quite a few posts, some quite lengthy answers, but when I tried to "post" to forum, they just would not load up!!

I will be surprised if this actually loads...

One post was with regards to the Lewis Kerr/Lewis Blackbirds fiasco.. what would have happened to LK if indeed LB had actually come out of retirement? LK would be teamless in the EL until a rider of similar calibre got injured or retired or didn't ride up to his average/ability? Or could any other EL team have just got rid of a ELDR and signed LK?