British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Bjerre would always have been a good signing for this year, but kl fans spent all last season plus the pre season saying they didn't want him....

And then people complain that riders lack loyalty!

• Like 1

He wants big bucks for his average.Might be wort it if they want got get into the play offs

There are unacceptable performances from some riders but I'm far more concerned by the total lack of any atmosphere around the club.

Fans are switching off and it's like none of the management gives a s#!+, the whole place is like a morgue.

• Like 1

He wants big bucks for his average.Might be wort it if they want got get into the play offs

But the point is he'll put points on his average so is worth "big bucks". Pay peanuts, get monkeys!

There are unacceptable performances from some riders but I'm far more concerned by the total lack of any atmosphere around the club.

Fans are switching off and it's like none of the management gives a s#!+, the whole place is like a morgue.

You're on a total downer this year, of course when things aren't going well the fans will be quiet, that's normal isn't it ..... there was some good racing tonight and we were on the receiving end of some, years ago we were just glad to have a classy number one and two and lived in hope of winning cos the racing was good ....... how times change
  • Like 1

Let's at least give Jackobsen a go if nothing else he can do no worse than some last night - my thoughts keep going back to if Iversen had decided not to race for the club were would we be without Puk ? we two riders in Iversen and Lambert who is a match for anyone in the league and a good reserve in Simon Lambert and Lewis Rose has done well up until last night though Simon can't do all the fixtures - as for the other 3 Huckenbeck stated the season well now seems uninterested Mads is well past his best a shadow of what he once was and Troy seems out of his depth for whatever reason he should be doing far better . Lack of fans will soon have the promotion moaning but can you wonder at it least you have to do is win at home - we need an inspired signing to get fans back and generate more atmosphere older fans will remember Henka that's the type of rider we need .

• Like 2

The racing was much better last night than in previous meetings, a co-incidence that the race times were a lot slower?

Our results are exactly what's expected, I'm pretty sure Rob Lyon predicted in the Speedway Star season preview that we'd finish 6th - great optimism from our Manager/Promoter! To be fair, he seems to have gotten it spot on but the worrying thing for me is how management seem to be accepting that 6th (maybe 7th, maybe 8th) is OK.

I think crowds will fall if the team loses at home though, no matter how entertaining the racing is. And like Haza says the fans will then get criticised for not supporting the team.

Take Niels and Robert out of our the team.... well it doesn't bear thinking about. Those 2 are saving the Stars this season. We are lucky to have them.

The racing was much better last night than in previous meetings, a co-incidence that the race times were a lot slower?

Our results are exactly what's expected, I'm pretty sure Rob Lyon predicted in the Speedway Star season preview that we'd finish 6th - great optimism from our Manager/Promoter! To be fair, he seems to have gotten it spot on but the worrying thing for me is how management seem to be accepting that 6th (maybe 7th, maybe 8th) is OK.

I think crowds will fall if the team loses at home though, no matter how entertaining the racing is. And like Haza says the fans will then get criticised for not supporting the team.

Take Niels and Robert out of our the team.... well it doesn't bear thinking about. Those 2 are saving the Stars this season. We are lucky to have them.

First and formost you want to get your stadium sorted out instead of paying mega bucks to riders. Its a Sh-ite hole. No presentation rubbers not cleared from airfence and pulled out from last meeting boards on home straight filthy, small wonder your crowds are dissapearing.

No atmosphere around the club but you want Bjerre back? Laughable.

First and formost you want to get your stadium sorted out instead of paying mega bucks to riders. Its a Sh-ite hole. No presentation rubbers not cleared from airfence and pulled out from last meeting boards on home straight filthy, small wonder your crowds are dissapearing.

We need more Prawn Sandwiches like they have at Poole!

How is the motocross track by the way?

Do I free-confused-smileys-718.gif

We need more Prawn Sandwiches like they have at Poole!

How is the motocross track by the way?

Motorcross track is fine thanks, and will get better. KL need to get there house in order, if you cannot get volunteers ask the question why if they are not valued. The place is a dump.

I don't profess to being a promoter and would hate to be in their position, but they must appreciate they do not have a devine right to expect fans to fork out hard earnt cash to watch a poor team. There must be several important factors that make teams successful, and having two top riders like Niels and Robert has to be a good starting point. But from there we fall way short. I look down into the pit area with dismay at the lack of team spirit, togetherness, enthusiasm.. It resembles a wake rather than a place of excitement.

There was only going to be one winner last night. The way Havelock was chasing around was a clear indication the BEES wanted it far more than the Stars did. Its going to be a long season, The team need major changes to get it back on track, but I get the impression, nobody is actually bothered....

Losing 3 matches in 3 days next week will signify the end of our season.

Ha ha ha ha ha good one.

Ha ha ha ha ha good one.

But very true.

I don't profess to being a promoter and would hate to be in their position, but they must appreciate they do not have a devine right to expect fans to fork out hard earnt cash to watch a poor team. There must be several important factors that make teams successful, and having two top riders like Niels and Robert has to be a good starting point. But from there we fall way short. I look down into the pit area with dismay at the lack of team spirit, togetherness, enthusiasm.. It resembles a wake rather than a place of excitement.

There was only going to be one winner last night. The way Havelock was chasing around was a clear indication the BEES wanted it far more than the Stars did. Its going to be a long season, The team need major changes to get it back on track, but I get the impression, nobody is actually bothered....

Losing 3 matches in 3 days next week will signify the end of our season.

I cannot believe we agree on something?!?!

LOL.

But very true.

What you smoking down there in Dorset?!?