British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Is there no Wolves v KL thread I can't find one ?

It's pointless starting one, a bit like the Lynn performance:)

• Like 1

Iversen having a shocker and Lambert not too much better. To be fair the whole team have been c@ck tonight but I'm sure the riders know that.

Iversen having a shocker and Lambert not too much better. To be fair the whole team have been c@ck tonight but I'm sure the riders know that.

Of course they do

• Like 1

What an embarresment the Stars are tonight. End of season can't come quick enough.

the season was over in March to be honest when signed an un tried German .
  • Like 1

Bachelor has managed to find his gating gloves of late. Unfortunately he just takes awful lines round bends 1 and 2 and stuffs up his own team mate then just ends up last.

Big clear out needed for next season and a decision out of nki now about his plans so we can plan properly

Bachelor has managed to find his gating gloves of late. Unfortunately he just takes awful lines round bends 1 and 2 and stuffs up his own team mate then just ends up last.

Big clear out needed for next season and a decision out of nki now about his plans so we can plan properly

Not sure we can think that far ahead as big changes look likely at the AGM

Not sure we can think that far ahead as big changes look likely at the AGM

Agreed, but still need to be on the front foot, not back foot...

Just wizzed through this on TiVo. Quite possibly the grippiest Monmore since the Oxford Silver Machine & Belle Vue visit's in 2004? When they almost had to cancel the meetings the track was so bad? Don't know haven't been there for a while. Can understand why, with two meetings in an evening. A fairly hopeless Stars lineup didn't help. You can't make a small track like Monmore too grippy. I guess Kings Lynn have no chance of making the play-offs now. Dumping Schlien who needs races to get fit is stupid. If the Stars retain Iversen & Lambert they'll win at home & get a crowd. Dump Huckenbeck & Batchelor, along with Schlien & give Lebedevs a few meetings. I have no clue if that fits average wise.

Pretty sure they have plans in place for 2017 ....

I want to be knowing if there are gonna be major changes or not to the league ...

When thinking of team plans for 2017, we need to ask ourselves what we want to do.. 2016 was a disaster from the start to finish. We messed up in every way possible. The selection of EDR was a complete and utter farce, even our dominated rider walked out leaving us with little or no choice. ... Rose is one of the few pluses we had this year, and that only happened because no one wanted him...... Niels caused a lots of headaches delaying his decision to ride. Had we known early enough we could have had better cover. Appreciate him helping out like he has, but we need riders, who are prepared to give 100% to the club all the time, and not just when it suit their schedule....... Batchelor was always a gamble, even had he been fit. but coming back from a bad accident was a no brainer. He was never going to figure enough to be a heat leader. Next year we can keep him as a 2nd string on a low CMA, hoping he scores more points than this year, or off load him...... Huckenbeck was another gamble that didn't pay off. Obviously he came cheap, there was no other reason for his inclusion. To expect a new rider to perform on our tracks was always going to be a uphill struggle. His confidence has suffered big time. I often question his attitude as he doesn't look interested...... Mads: was a get out of jail card. Never going to be a heat leader or a prolific scorer but a good club man. If our team was strong we could have carried him. he would be good in the pits and team spirit. But we wanted him to score points as well, that he couldn't do. His bikes were terribly slow, but we always knew that..... Rory was never a gamble, we all knew he would struggle. signing Rory this year was an acceptance of the clubs intentions. we were never going to be strong enough to figure in them Play-offs. Rory has worked tremendous hard to get back to racing. but I feel he has under-estimated just how much damage that accident done. mentally, He is trying so bloody hard to get back, but he is but a shadow of the rider he once was. I have my doubts whether he'll ever achieve it....

The one big STAR this year has been Robert Lambert. Most weeks carrying the team on his young shoulders. We have let him down big time. Whereas he should be learning from others, he has led the way for other to look on with envy.. A character of substance, someone to emulate. Without doubt our 'Rider of the Year.

Last year, our promotion team lacked all credibility. We were reactive, rather than proactive. We should have all plans in place well early, of what we want and where we want to go. We want riders who are prepared to give 100% all the time, we want riders who apply effort to every thing they do and get better, The fans want to have hope in the future of the club, not to be beaten by all and sundry every week . We want to be considered as winners and not also rans...

If we can't do the job properly, then we may as well pack in now...

• Like 3

2016 could've been classed as a building year, sometimes clubs "should" be loyal to riders who have given them "loyal" service IMHO.

2016 could've been classed as a building year, sometimes clubs "should" be loyal to riders who have given them "loyal" service IMHO.

well I'd like to no what we've built ?? The club gone downhill fast relations between promotors and fans at an all time low even lower than the Waggy days - Other than Lambert Iversen and Rose the rest of them needs to be shown the exit sign - new faces needed and I don't mean cheap options like Huckenbeck need proven riders . We've built bugger all in 2016 so not sure what makes you say that ? Rose tintined glasses spring to mind
  • Like 1

no idea what sort of league structure there will be next year, but wouldnt mind seeing something like this.

1. Iversen

2. Batchelor

3. Lambert

4. Thomsen

5. Harris

6. Bates

7. Rose

I would be inclined to ditch everyone in the team apart from lambert and build around him.