British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

Swindon End Of Era Meeting.

Thanks looks a good line up already! Maybe your new number 1 on Doyle riding.

Line up

Jason Doyle

Chris Harris

Danny King

Kyle Howarth

Adam Ellis

Nicolai Klint

Justin Sedgman

More riders to be confirmed after the PL playoffs

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

A revitalised Hackney unexpectedly won 32-46 at Blunsdon, and then went on to finish 2nd in the league behind the Dave Lanning-inspired Reading Racers.

I seem to remember that John Davis guested for Hackney and got an unexpectedly low score one time. Not that there was any suggestion of anything underhand. Never!

Welcome back Odin.

Not sure we will see any of the names you mention, maybe North, possibly Nicholls.

Thanks Roundabout, been busy in Asgard :-)

Trust as is well with you??

Looks like a fun winter of rumour and speculation ahead !!

From memory I recall Sigalos was '79 and Jankowski 1980.

Sigalos' first season with Hull - I think he actually got 15 from 5 rides at reserve. Frank Auffret, Hull's other reserve, got 0 from 5. Both Hull reserves got 5 rides as one of the main 1-5 didn't show, and the match finished 39-39.

Jankowski got a paid max. but was in the team proper (not at reserve). A revitalised Hackney unexpectedly won 32-46 at Blunsdon, and then went on to finish 2nd in the league behind the Dave Lanning-inspired Reading Racers.

I'm not sure about the '2 maximums in one match' you suggested CR, but I do remember Ole Olsen and Jiri Stancl (at reserve) did this for opposing teams in a Reading v Coventry fixture, from the same era - Speedway Star had a regular feature that highlighted such statistical oddities.

Mike Keen and Eric Boocock both scored a max in the same meeting at Blunsdon in 1973.

Mike Keen and Eric Boocock both scored a max in the same meeting at Blunsdon in 1973.

Totally right Keen and Boocock both scored maxis, in the Hull meeting at the abbey it was bloody wet Sigalos from reserve was awesome got a max he never met Kilb.?? Holloway who i supported got 1111 in a decent return a modest four points .I am sure going back to1974 Boocock ( after special dispensation after his broken arm at Newport) was aloud to ride at reserve Booey got 14 pts from reserve Ashby beat him Booey later deservingly won the British title.?

I remember Roman Jankowski getting a 21 point maximum for Hackney at reserve & I think a Swindon rider also scored a maximum as they didn't meet in the meeting. The week after Denis Sigalos dropped one point from reserve for Hull.

Sigalos got 15 from reserve Jankowski i think got 11 paid 12 max and another shock was from Einar Gunnerstad he was Norwegian he got a 15 point max for the Lynn a number of years later. Edited by sidney

Seem to remember Pete Munday scoring a max. against Poole in the wet at Blunsdon late 60s, always good on the wet stuff tough old Pete. Can recall him smacking Anders Michanek in the Blunsdon pits as hundreds rushed over to see what was occurring!

Keener couldn't have scored many maxes for The Robins. The Minety man was a great club servant for many years and smashing bloke. Remember him sustaining an injury as he rode full-on into pits gate and pinged up in the air!

Edited by haydon hat
  • Like 1

Has the new track building started yet ?

Sadly I think the answer is NO and I bet Osbourne/Stadia UK and Gaming International will do anything to get out of it.

And I hope Rosco drops Batchelor from the final meeting team as the brat will get booed.

• Like 2

Sadly I think the answer is NO and I bet Osbourne/Stadia UK and Gaming International will do anything to get out of it.

And I hope Rosco drops Batchelor from the final meeting team as the brat will get booed.

I can't stand batch either, he will never be a top rider like crump or Adams.

Hope Swindon get a track

Surely surely Batch won't be included. He should not be rewarded by being invited to ride in this sentimental historic and emotional meeting.

I've never booed a speedway rider, but I will be tempted if he rides in this one!

• Like 1

I used to love watching Phil Crump riding for the Robins at the Abbey. Think my favourite occasion was the old pre-meeting Golden Helmet contest against Peter Collins. Phil romped home against the odds to the roar of "There's only one PC" from the bar. Loads of disgruntled Aces fans there. Great days!

• Like 2

Seem to remember Pete Munday scoring a max. against Poole in the wet at Blunsdon late 60s, always good on the wet stuff tough old Pete. Can recall him smacking Anders Michanek in the Blunsdon pits as hundreds rushed over to see what was occurring!

Keener couldn't have scored many maxes for The Robins. The Minety man was a great club servant for many years and smashing bloke. Remember him sustaining an injury as he rode full-on into pits gate and pinged up in the air!

I remember Pete Munday getting that maximum, and after the meeting he asked if the track could be watered like that every week! Edited by BritPete
  • Like 1

Teams announced so far

Swindon

Peter Kildemand

Kyle Howarth

Greg Zengota

Nicolai Klindt

Troy Batchelor

Lewis Rose

Peter Karger

Select

Davey Watt

Danny King

Chris Harris

Justin Sedgmen

Adam Ellis

Unfortunately Nick and Aaron are riding for Glasgow that day.

http://swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2562

Just noted following post by CR

Originally Jason Doyle was down to ride and Killer has a meeting abroad on his schedule, so not sure what is happening.

Edited by A ORLOV

Well, to be honest, given this is supposed to be the last ever meeting at The Abbey that line up doesn't suggest I should give up my Sunday afternoon! I will be there, of course, but I thought given we have known for several months this event is happening that a few 'stars' could have been added to the line up. Disappointing to say the least.

• Like 3