British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

Swindon End Of Era Meeting.

Brilliant i am glad this is true Buzz,it will hurt when the old place goes the track especially but i won't miss those filthy old bogs over the far side.Times move on i just hope the track is a reasonable size Somerset esq)? if we are all honest the old place is looking tired now but those great memories for me will always be there of the old place.

The bogs are staying in place Sid. The new stadium is being built around them. ;)

• Like 1

There is NO chance a new stadium will be ready from scratch between October 11, 2015 and April 2016.

IF there is speedway in Swindon next year it will be several months at (Sh)Abbey Stadium.

All Reading fans would warn you not to believe Mr Osbourn - after all he wanted you to race Robins home matches at Smallmead in 2006/7.

• Like 4

Once again surely Mr Russell should give an update to the Swindon fans, he shouldn't leave them hanging/not believing!!!!!

Once again surely Mr Russell should give an update to the Swindon fans, he shouldn't leave them hanging/not believing!!!!!

Mr arrogant thinks we have no right to ask questions or have updates😡

• Like 1

There is NO chance a new stadium will be ready from scratch between October 11, 2015 and April 2016.

IF there is speedway in Swindon next year it will be several months at (Sh)Abbey Stadium.

All Reading fans would warn you not to believe Mr Osbourn - after all he wanted you to race Robins home matches at Smallmead in 2006/7.

I'm sure you think you are being helpful but you are coming across as rather bitter (which I understand) but negativity is not really what we need at this point.

Trust me when I say the Council were made well aware of GI's modus operandi. If you are that concerned email local MP Justin Tomlinson and reiterate your concerns there. That will be of far more practical value than doing it on here. ;)

• Like 4

It's none of the fans business Trees, as Terry Russell reminded us in recent interview.

We should believe whatever flannel the clubs comes out with and should dare not questions them.

Here is Justin's email address.

justin.tomlinson.mp@parliament.uk

Maybe it is time, in fairness to remembertheracers, to ask if things are still on schedule because it looks very quiet up there.

It can't hurt just to ask.

What's the point? He'll just feed you the same old spin and inaccuracies that you have already posted earlier in this thread.

• Like 1

So has anyone have any idea if this meeting is definitely on, any definite starters and what format will it take?

PS, Thanks Swindon. I emailed you asking about this nearly a week ago as we have to arrange time off from work, arrange travel and accommodation but have had no reply. Is this usual for the Club? If it is no wonder the sport is losing fans.

Its in Swindon's fixture list on their website as Sunday 11th October at 4pm.

It's none of the fans business Trees, as Terry Russell reminded us in recent interview.

We should believe whatever flannel the clubs comes out with and should dare not questions them.

What's the point? He'll just feed you the same old spin and inaccuracies that you have already posted earlier in this thread.

Clearly a bit more cynical than I am!

We will see who is right. ;)

It is not cynical to express concerns regarding this scheme given what happened in Reading. The lack of development so far both on and off site only heightens those fears.

I'd love to see the new stadium built but previous plans to put the car park on the infield and to have homes right by the track including an old people's home rather does stretch credulity and can't help increase those fears. On the positive side if I wanted to pull the wool over someone's eyes I wouldn't tackle Terry Russell....

It is not cynical to express concerns regarding this scheme given what happened in Reading. The lack of development so far both on and off site only heightens those fears.

I'd love to see the new stadium built but previous plans to put the car park on the infield and to have homes right by the track including an old people's home rather does stretch credulity and can't help increase those fears. On the positive side if I wanted to pull the wool over someone's eyes I wouldn't tackle Terry Russell....

Don't forget, Terry Russell has been trying to sell his stake in Swindon for years. Maybe this would be a convenient get out clause and allow him to cash in his assets?

fingers crossed it gets built for all speedway fans, we can't afford to lose a historic club like swindon,

[/quot

e]we cant afford to lose ANYMORE clubs....historic or not.....saints,falcons cheetahs..racers.. lions

the list seems endless more gone than we have left