British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Pretty sure Guy would deny it if asked directly until its all confirmed - that is of course if it is true.

IF Ipswich went Elite League next season - what would people like to see form the basis of the team?

Not sure regarding averages etc. but something like...

Would like to see Covatti, Ellis, Kerr, Nicholls in the mix with someone like Holder leading the team.

• Like 1

Didn't the Guy Nicholls thing crop up about a month or so ago on here?

I'm sure someone said they'd asked Guy directly and he completely rubbished the idea..

bluff, double bluff and triple bluff??

I'm not quite sure why you felt it necessary to include that little barb either macca to be honest.

dont think it was meant as a dig at Bloomy per se.

Look at Maccas previous connection you may see why he had a dig at Sigalos.....

• Like 1

Pretty sure Guy would deny it if asked directly until its all confirmed - that is of course if it is true.

IF Ipswich went Elite League next season - what would people like to see form the basis of the team?

Not sure regarding averages etc. but something like...

Would like to see Covatti, Ellis, Kerr, Nicholls in the mix with someone like Holder leading the team.

In gonna aim big and want tai. What I do want is riders that can ride foxhall. Holder cook and Kennett would start for me, along with nico. It would depend on his average for someone like Ellis.

• Like 1

How about a Gollob swansong as well???

In gonna aim big and want tai.

• Like 1

I think he can ride pretty much anything if he wants to.

Wolves was one he struggled a little with as I recall but quite why is a mystery.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind Linus Sundstrom back.

Interesting news The Weegees have released Ben Barker! (replaced with Rene Bach!). Is BB a possible new Witch??

• Like 1

dont think it was meant as a dig at Bloomy per se.

Look at Maccas previous connection you may see why he had a dig at Sigalos.....

Disagree. "That one of them has a Sigalos image as their avatar, surprises me not...." I got that he doesn't like Sigalos sure, but that's also a blatant insult to the poster.

All for not knowing what the hinting was all about and not seeing that macca had referred to this god knows how many pages back?

Spiteful and unnecessary.

• Like 1

For Lewis Kerr? Does that fit?

Out of the frying pan in to the fire a bit there though isn't it? Barker seems to be in reverse gear these days sadly.

Actually this is annoying me now. Couldn't we have gone for Bach ourselves? Obviously available.

Glasgow are handily placed but spotted a weakness and have acted, even though as I say they've been doing well.

Peterborough weren't happy with a few early performances so went out and got Craig Cook!

We've been absolutely dog turd all season and we've swapped one NL reserve for a similar one.

Keystone cops springs to mind at our club these days! Pathetic.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

Not saying I'd want to swap anyone in Newcastle's team with him, but Barker was wanted by Newcastle during the summer but Glasgow have the money or so I have heard :P

• Like 1

Hi Guys.

Well you learn your lessons in life from all walks of it, including the BSF, lol.

Sticks and stones and all that.

Firstly, as always, I apologise if I offended anyone and, as the BSF members who have met me will atestify to, I am the furthest person away from a person who means any harm to anyone in any way. In fact, quite the opposite. But I will learn from this, not to offer any insider info that I have been offered on the Forum, but to keep it to the guys and gals that I know and can trust. If one of them wants to call me a "pri ck" so easy it, and they have every right to, as I would to them, because I know them, respect them and can have a bit of banter with them in a mature manner. For someone to call me names on here because of one throw away, flippant remark, then that, in my book is not on. I did not insult the poster, or his avatar - in fact Dennis and I have known each other since 1982 when he and Billy were sharing workshops in Bucklesham, where I spent a lot of time that year and witnessed first hand the respect and then genuine friendship that grew between the pair of them. I just wished that Dennis wore underpants under his baggy shorts, as the mouse escaped from its lair too often that summer, lol.

If you had travelled to every meeting that Dennis and Billy rode in in 1983, then you will know who I am as I was at every one of those meetings too. We always ramped up the perceived rivalry between Siggy and Billy to enhance the atmosphere created in the first instance by the lady, Go.d rest her soul, Carol, who ran Dennis' fan club and was married to Mike Chittock - Heather ..Lay who sells the prize tickets at the speedway (and who was a massive BillY Fan) and her mum Margaret will attest to that,

Anyway, I won't go into details of why Billy Sanders' fans do not count Dennis Sigalos fans as their best buds, but I can assure you that it is nothing to do with each rider's track abilities, personalities or whatever else. It is down to an incident at Billy's Fan Club do in 1983, which was organised by the Billy Sanders International Fan Club and the late Pat Palmer, God rest her soul, my ex wife Janet and me in particular. If you were there you will know 2hat happened and enough said.

So, there it is. macca56 being as open and honest as he always is. If you do not accept this as a reason for my comments about "someone with a Siggy avatar", then that is your privilege and, to be honest, life is too short (and mine nearly ended 9 months ago), and quite honestly I really can't be bothered these days. If you want to PM me with further personal insults, please feel free, as I'd rather you'do keep them off the Forum and the Ipswich threads in particular, which are 99% full of intelligence, good humour and banter amongst like minded friends. You are always leaving yourself open to a warning, or even a ban, by calling a fellow poster names on here, which, at the end of the day is just plain silly as nobody wins and, let's face it, we are only all here through our love of speedway.

If you want to talk with me personally. I can be found these days, when at Foxhall, amongst the Ipswich BSF Massif on the back straight, often these days accompanied by a Scotsman of indeterminate parentage and age. Or at Rye House's meetings, as I sponsor Cameron Heeps for methanol and I also sponsor Heats 12 and 14 at Rye House. I am usually the quiet one out of the bunch, trying to squeeze a word in edgeways and not trying to revive a dying beast of the Foxhole Heath atmosphere. Now, how those that war cry go, and where did Baldy leave those clappers and the BBC Radio Suffolk car stickers...?

Yours in speedway and, as one great man once said - as long as we know....

EDITED: to correct predictive text errors and to add that it was Colin who had said that he had contacted Guy Nicolas direct and got the "nothing to see here" reply.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 3