British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Surely it doesn't cost that much to cut a wire and plumb a new speaker in just for a a while.

I'm only quoting what he said, Graham was there and also couldn't believe it.

Yeah but that's for a whole new system, but like I said it wouldn't cost much more than 50 quid for one new speaker. A second hand one would do, just one that works.

Edited by baldyman

Just found one the same as we already have for 8 quid, so it's not exactly gonna break the bank is it.

Can't we wire up bruv's megaphone?

With some things there's Always an excuse!?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Also went to Mildenhall today as it's my last speedway fix for a few weeks and was most impressed with the both the Connors. Very determined riding throughout.

The only downside to my visit was the millions of bloody thunderflies and God knows how many other species of bugs that were feasting on the paying public! It was horrible.

And also, just to rub salt in the wounds of us long suffering, unable to hear the Presenter Foxhall punters Mildenhall have just had a brand new sound system installed, perfectly clear for all to hear!!!

A chat with Kevin revealed that a quote has been obtained to update the Foxhall PA system of £45,000 . Don't know about you guys but it does seem rather excessive and pretty much unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future.

We'll continue to suffer the muffled words for some time by the sounds of it!

I sat on the third bend at mildenhall today and yes the pa was excellent. And yes also covered in a multitude of bugs! I think that in the past mildenhall has put me off due to over running meetings that require the following day off work. However I have to say that today's meeting ran well and although the blue line was in evidence they kept the track in good Nick.

I'be said before that the speakers along the "new" stand need raising 10 foot or so.

tend to agree with this.

I dont think that any of the speakers are broken but are not positioned correctly for the current stands whether it be height/direction or whatever.

Must admit I just found it ridiculously frustrating when you consider we are Premier league speedway in a stadium that runs stock car world championships and yet a small national league stadium can provide an audible sound system, bloody stupid!

Do they use anything different for stock car events? I haven't really noticed on the odd occasion I've been to one but then again it's usually banger racing I watch and I don't really care enough who wins to try to listen!

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

I'm waiting for someone to come on here and name a few tracks that have closed down and say I bet they wish they had bad system but with speedway. Maybe we should be grateful for what we have?

Damn my attitude has changed dramatically the last few weeks.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 4

Must admit I just found it ridiculously frustrating when you consider we are Premier league speedway in a stadium that runs stock car world championships and yet a small national league stadium can provide an audible sound system, bloody stupid!

Do they use anything different for stock car events? I haven't really noticed on the odd occasion I've been to one but then again it's usually banger racing I watch and I don't really care enough who wins to try to listen!

The "stock cars" have their own system installed, usually large speakers on the centre green I believe.

• Like 1