British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Can't imagine more than one or two promoters are making any money given the current state of British speed way. Eastbourne have learnt a very cold lesson.perhaps that's the way forward for all teams.

Not for me. Much prefer premier league racing.

But did not Chris Louis say he wished to build up a pool of riders to get back up in the Elite League

That's what he said. So since Chris took over he has built a pool of tungate Heeps doolan and risager and Manzares. I wouldn't call that a great pool of riders to go elite racing with and would any of them be any better than a poor second string. One day it would be nice to race in the top league again, but I don't think we are ready yet. Obviously others may not agree with that.

Edited by baldyman

It's PL in 2016 for the Witches. Confirmed by Louis in today's Ipswich Star.

"It's a huge winter for us" he said. "We need a new air fence which is very costly for a club like us. Just keeping the club going is a task in itself.

"But we will be entering the PL in 2016 and I'm going to build a team in a change of direction to other seasons."

Louis is giving nothing away as regards what he means by that, but he did confirm that King and Covatti the two shining lights from 2015, both want to race for Ipswich again next year.

"I know Danny and Nico are big fans' favourites and all I can say is that I want them back, they want to come back, but until contracts are signed, I can't confirm anything."

Courtesy of the Ipswich Star.

So we can pencil in King and Covatti it seems, but we'll have to wait to find out what Louis means by "change of direction to other seasons".

Is the reference to money a hint that next years team will be put together on more of a budget?

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

The need for a new air fence is not a surprise. I have also heard that the collapsable sections may need attention too.

Cost could run to £40-50k I would guess(??)

Thats a lot of money out of the overall budget unless a very big commercial deal can be secured.

Danny and Nico would be a great start. Entertainment is the key for me.

Looking forward to it already!!

• Like 1

The need for a new air fence is not a surprise. I have also heard that the collapsable sections may need attention too.

Cost could run to £40-50k I would guess(??)

Thats a lot of money out of the overall budget unless a very big commercial deal can be secured.

Danny and Nico would be a great start. Entertainment is the key for me.

Looking forward to it already!!

Agree on King and Covatti those two were box office at times this season.

Can't imagine anyone being unhappy if they put pen to paper.

The remaining five could be interesting as it sounds like fresh faces could be incoming.

I'd personally love to see Ellis back if he can get himself away from Lakeside and avoid another Friday EL track.

Id be more than happy to see Adam back too.

He certainly needs a PL place next year or his progress could stall IMO.

It's PL in 2016 for the Witches. Confirmed by Louis in today's Ipswich Star.

"It's a huge winter for us" he said. "We need a new air fence which is very costly for a club like us. Just keeping the club going is a task in itself.

"But we will be entering the PL in 2016 and I'm going to build a team in a change of direction to other seasons."

Louis is giving nothing away as regards what he means by that, but he did confirm that King and Covatti the two shining lights from 2015, both want to race for Ipswich again next year.

"I know Danny and Nico are big fans' favourites and all I can say is that I want them back, they want to come back, but until contracts are signed, I can't confirm anything."

Courtesy of the Ipswich Star.

So we can pencil in King and Covatti it seems, but we'll have to wait to find out what Louis means by "change of direction to other seasons".

Is the reference to money a hint that next years team will be put together on more of a budget?

I'm pretty sure that this years team wasn't exactly high budget, if he goes much lower we'll be fighting to avoid the wooden spoon unless riders that improve on their averages can be found from somewhere!

• Like 1

King and Covatti get them signed asap without them this past season the Witches would have been looking at the wooden spoon.

Think the Edinburgh model of a top heavy team looks the best way to go after their recent history over the past few season's. If the money is there for a top heavy big hitting top 4-5 go for it but this is all if's but's and maybe's until people find out whats going on at the promoters AGM.

Edited by Pob

i haven't put myself forward, I am currently helping a local sportsman and also have my own promotion to look after ableit in a different sport - still in my head, would love to get involved with the witches at some point

p.s.

King

Ellis

Covatti

Wilson-Dean

Worrall

Morris

Castagna

Would it fit?

If you want top heavy, why not try something like this-

1- King 9.54

2- Heeps 5.87

3- Anders Thomsen 6.62

4- N Busk Jacobsen 6.91

5- Covatti 7.55

6- Tom Stokes 3.00

7- Zach Wajtkneckt 3.00

GSA total of 42.49 if my maths is right

i haven't put myself forward, I am currently helping a local sportsman and also have my own promotion to look after ableit in a different sport - still in my head, would love to get involved with the witches at some point

p.s.

King

Ellis

Covatti

Wilson-Dean

Worrall

Morris

Castagna

Would it fit?

Id expect there are plenty that would welcome a new guy on the scence.

That team I think would be comfortably under the 42.5.

May be a new limit to work with and perhaps a #7 draft/3 pointer that needs to be factored in though.

Id expect there are plenty that would welcome a new guy on the scence.

As long as this new guy has plenty of pounds, shillings and pence. Or

Dollars, nickels and dimes.

p.s.

King

Ellis

Covatti

Wilson-Dean

Worrall

Morris

Castagna

Would it fit?

Yup nearly a point under a 42.50 limit