British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

But how boring would that be. Gate and go.

As opposed to what you have seen already this year which is.......?

Last year we had Tungate, Manzares and to lesser extent Heeps in our Top 5 who last year could neither gate or pass on our track - that's why we missed the play offs!

https://youtu.be/6BBQChQoVjw

The track used to be very narrow we all know that but they invested a lot of money and done something about it.

Now, there is nothing wrong with the shape of the track IMO and as you can see from the clip above, it's perfectly adequate to produce good racing.

The problem has been the track preparation. The prep in the above clip compared to what we now have is night and day and the entertainment is suffering because of it.

I maintain there's nothing wrong with the shape of the track, but the track surface needs improving.

Get that right and the entertainment will follow. I think many would put up with a crap team (people would still be disappointed obviously) as long as the meetings were entertaining.

At the moment we have neither! The team is crap and the track is crap. That's a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

What makes completely no sense to me is that louis keeps coming out with we have a team of racers, but we have had nothing but very slick tracks this year. Last season we had gaters supposedly and the track was very grippy.

Gate and go is okay if it's mixed with racers.

He also admitted before the season started Baldy that the track had "deteriorated" and needed work. Has that work been carried out? It's not instantly obvious to me.

I'm not saying they haven't worked on it, they must have. But it's certainly not obvious.

• Like 1

Just look at the advertising on air fence. It's not got dirty once this year. There must be a reason for that?

Nice clip HKP - so what we need is Jerran Hart back! wink

Nice clip HKP - so what we need is Jerran Hart back! wink

LOL. Erm, how about no. ;)

Most of the passes recently are done around the outside of bends 3 and 4. 1 and 2 bends don't seem to have the same grip. How many times have we seen the likes of Covatti, King, Barker, Heeps and even Tungate (OK I'm pushing it now?!) Try to find a way past on the outside of the first 2 corners only to actually lose ground!?

Heeps move against Kerr last week wasn't a bad move.. Just skidded across the corner then nothing to hold him or Kerr up.

• Like 1

I've just thought that it can't be anything to do with the track, cos if it was, you would have an extremely big bag of 🍩 not to do something about it.

Oh and another thing, Heeps and Tungate both seem to be having better season's now they're away from Foxhall..

Another kick in the nuts.

Tungate has been sensational. I've only seen him get beat once in the 3 meetings that I've seen him. When he doesn't make the start it doesn't take him long to hit the front at home!

I think from his interview the other week, when asked if he misses the Foxhall track, his straight answer of "no" spoke volumes.

Ipswich track looked bumpy to me no doubt caused by the stock cars,,gives the riders no confidence to attack the corners,just an outsiders opinion of the track problem

• Like 1

Is there any way to contact Chris Louis via email now? use to be able to via the web-site but the new site seems to not allow this

Also - those hospitality boxes at Foxhall - are these privately owned or can they be hired? I see sometimes people use them but on the spedeworth site they hire them out per event for the cars?