British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

wouldnt touch Barker with a barge pole on his current gear.

I'd agree with that.

So Barker called CL and asked for a team place after he had been dumped by Glasgow.

Don't know how I feel about that....

Ben Barker in place of Lewi Kerr.......no comparison !!!!! what are Ipswich thinking of ??? would not like BB in our team in the next century.

As the Witches have a good track record ( not to be confused with a good track!) Of making riders rubbish, Doolan, Barker, Tungate, Worrall to name a few. Then maybe Barker will be our edr next year!

• Like 1

Maybe if it improves our season we should thank Ben, don't think changes would have happened otherwise. We could start picking up some away points now.

Ipswich have no shame dropping a British rider, Lewis is now without a job.

They also gave a British rider a job. It's your team that just dropped a British rider for a foreigner.

• Like 4

For all those always quick to critisise Ipswich for anything and everything they do look at this year's averages. You will find Ben Barkers average is around 1.3 points a meeting better than Lewis Kerrs. How does that make Ipswich weaker?. I am afraid that the top grand prix guys ain't available and especially not on the averages that Ipswich had available. A lot of people wanted a change but no where on here did I read what changes they would be. Onwards and upwards hey?

• Like 4

There is no doubt that Ben gives it 100% every time he races and this was no different at Ashfield. However, the continuous challenges he had with his equipment badly let himself and the team down. Through his skill and bravery he would often pull out spectacular passes on the bends but would be passed or left for dead on the straights due to a lack of speed. Hopefully he gets this sorted and gets back to being the rider he once was (after Thursday night obviously 😜).

Now I know why I hardly ever post or even read this forum . Ipswich have made a change for the better and all you get is winging and whining from even those who have no connection with Ipswich. Kerr was not cutting it , there is no certainty that Barker will , but at least "something has been done"...

• Like 3

Maybe if it improves our season we should thank Ben, don't think changes would have happened otherwise. We could start picking up some away points now.

They also gave a British rider a job. It's your team that just dropped a British rider for a foreigner.

Not strictly true, as Stokes was given a 4 match deal which he completed. He was not dropped from his original deal...

Welcome back Ben. One thing that is guaranteed is effort and entertainment from him - lets hope the points follow too.

What we do need is a surface that gives him, Nico, Danny and all a chance to thrill us for the rest of the season whatever position we end up in.

Not strictly true, as Stokes was given a 4 match deal which he completed. He was not dropped from his original deal...

i thought he only rode one match?

Welcome back Ben. One thing that is guaranteed is effort and entertainment from him - lets hope the points follow too.

What we do need is a surface that gives him, Nico, Danny and all a chance to thrill us for the rest of the season whatever position we end up in.

That's exactly what we want, surely we will get it now