British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Well I don't think Big Ben will hit too many maximums, if any for the Witches but I do think he'll score far more consistently than Lewis did for us especially if we can continue to have the much better race track like the one provided against Redcar!

Hopefully also somebody, like Chris Louis can get our reserves bikes up to a standard where they're competitive and a few more points are forthcoming from those positions.

If these can be achieved then I think the entertainment and crowd levels should both improve in the coming weeks and hopefully provide us with some great Speedway.

Morten is in a relationship with daughter louis

Ahhh :t: Thank you for the information

People are saying it's impossible for him to be dropped because f his private life but I guess if it came down to it, he'd be dropped, it's a business!! Also you never know what might happen between Morten and Mrs Louis :(

ALTHOUGH, I am not saying he should be dropped, unless he'd be on his way to Newcastle, then it's cool with me :P I quite like him and he seems like he's doing well this year

Edited by Dandelion

Morton will always be welcome at plymouth he was great for us last season

Ahhh :t: Thank you for the information

People are saying it's impossible for him to be dropped because f his private life but I guess if it came down to it, he'd be dropped, it's a business!! Also you never know what might happen between Morten and Mrs Louis :(

ALTHOUGH, I am not saying he should be dropped, unless he'd be on his way to Newcastle, then it's cool with me :P I quite like him and he seems like he's doing well this year

Then let us hope he keeps his satisfactory performances going for Ipswich and the good lady.

• Like 1

Seem to remember Risager being dropped for last season!!

He has been solid this season and there cant be to many better second strings in the league yet some want him dropped!!!

• Like 3

Thought Risager may be on a dodgy wicket after his pre-season recommendation, but it seems that his consistent form and family ties outweighed the chances of the CL coveted but unfortunate Jawa test rider.

I wasn't exactly thrilled when morten was announced for this year's team, but he has done okay. The problem with morten though is what happened Saturday and it's easier to remember his bad rides and not his good rides. And if the pressure is on and he needed to get a win or a second or something..I just wouldn't put any money on him actually doing it. Overall though he has mainly done a very good job this season. He is what he is and ain't ever gonna get any better, and probably won't get any worse for another few years either. Maybe a reserve slot for him next season? Otherwise I would think back to plymouth.

• Like 1

So on the team now

The heatleader trio of Danny, Nico and Ben ought to be an effective spearhead.

Of the second string pairing Morten I'm sure will do his job but for me the jury is still out on James.

I still think however we have issues in the reserve positions, they may score a few at home (not nearly enough) but will come up seriously short of what's required away.

As others have said we might do well/ok in the pairs and fours but that's just about it.

• Like 1

IMO, if Nicolas gets his mojo back, and he may have done against Redcar as I was somewhere else, and the track is prepared well, this Ipswich septet should be able to post big home wins and pick up enough away points in the remainder of the season to put the late season run together, qualify for the play offs and then win them.

So, 1 to 7, objective set, now go and do it.

Again, IMO, you can sort of tell that a different hand is holding the purse strings and is manipulating the puppets as when before would a Witches side have had two unenforceable changes made by the first week of June?

"That includes Ritchie, myself and even Bob the trackman. That plays a key role; making sure the track is how we want and I've read lots of stuff about the track not having enough dirt on it. Actually the track has had too much dirt on it at times and they haven't been able to use it, it's been too deep."

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/story/pivotal-meetings-to-our-season

Yup, okay Chris!

Is "we are using a different shale" the speedway equivalent of the "wrong type of leaves" excuse used by railways?

• Like 1

"That includes Ritchie, myself and even Bob the trackman. That plays a key role; making sure the track is how we want and I've read lots of stuff about the track not having enough dirt on it. Actually the track has had too much dirt on it at times and they haven't been able to use it, it's been too deep."

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/story/pivotal-meetings-to-our-season

Yup, okay Chris!

What a load of codswallop :rofl:

• Like 2

The track was better last week. As for too much dirt on it, mmmmm not sure you get a blue groove when there is too much dirt, maybe a track expert could answer that. If it's how they want it, then that's fair enough.

Seriously, Too much dirt that the riders can't use it? If that's the case then there has just been no grip, not enough moisture in it maybe?

To copy the Bald one, it was definitely better in the Redcar meeting and bizarre that it's taken so long to find the right formula but keep it up.

Anyway, at least we know some of the hierarchy read this forum and have indirectly responded to comment on here.