British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Looks like Ipswich could now win the league and could there be promotion to follow

I think Louis will look to move Ipswich up whether they win the play offs or not IF there is anything concrete in the current rumour.

Rumour is just the two leagues next season with the PL a weaker product than it currently is to accommodate the NL teams and riders.

Can't see Louis sticking around for that personally but we'll see.

How long till Danyon is back riding macca?

Did you take your lift to Armadale last night then baldy? You were noticeably quiet on here last night.

Unlike BWD, he has not had to have the collar bone plated so there is an outside chance of him returning before the end of the season and he is making every effort to get back, including physio, laser treatments and oxygen tent sessions. There is talk of a run out "this week" and of course Birmingham have their home leg of their NLPO Semi Final on Thursday (with the away leg scheduled for Monday 10th).

There is an opinion that he should not try and ride again this season from some influential people in his corner, but I guess it will be up to Dan himself to decide what to do.

As laudable as Connor's efforts were, I don't think there is any doubt that Dan would have scored more points at Foxhall and maybe one or two at Armadale last night and, in my opinion, the Oak Tree would suit him and he would be looking at scoring some points there, particularly now that BWD is out.

I think Louis will look to move Ipswich up whether they win the play offs or not IF there is anything concrete in the current rumour.

Rumour is just the two leagues next season with the PL a weaker product than it currently is to accommodate the NL teams and riders.

With Chris Harris looking for a club next season he would make a good heat leader for the Witches if we go up to Elite League next season.

An ideal team would be Chris Harris,Scott Nicholls, Danny King, Nic Covatti, Morten Risager, with Sargeant and Jacobs at reserves. Roll on next season

Never thought Harris was much cop at foxhall, but with more room now on the bends than before, it may be perfect for him to do his stuff. Would Jacobs want to leave belle vue? He scores a lot of points there. In fact there are a few riders that score better in the elite league than in the premier.

It would be awful to go back into the top flight and struggle with putting together a decent team again, like the last few seasons we did in the top flight. Personally I hope nothing changes and we stay where we are.

• Like 1

A larger EL would be so much better for the UK but the PL NL amalgamation is going to upset a lot of promotions not to mention the loss of a lot of part-time riders and juniors so can't see that happening.

A larger EL would be so much better for the UK but the PL NL amalgamation is going to upset a lot of promotions not to mention the loss of a lot of part-time riders and juniors so can't see that happening.

Can you imagine the likes of Eastbourne , Kent , Mildenhall and Buxton paying out extra wages to be in the premier league and landed with additional expenses visiting the likes of Glasgow , Edinburgh and Workington,They simply wouldn't be able to afford the added costs and would more than likely be the end of speedway for them.

• Like 2

Propping up / bailing out the EL is not going to assist the long term future of the sport in this country and personally I would much rather see NL teams like Kent, Mildenhall, Buxton and Stoke survive and flourish as that is where the future of speedway in this country lies, imo.

• Like 3

Exactly macca, I want to watch young chargers rather than old has beens like nicholls. No disrespect to Scott, but way past his best, but obviously some fans still want to see that rubbish we failed at for years.

• Like 1

Exactly macca, I want to watch young chargers rather than old has beens like nicholls. No disrespect to Scott, but way past his best, but obviously some fans still want to see that rubbish we failed at for years.

If Scott Nicholls is way past his best it does not say much for the other rider does it?. The scorer of the 7th most points in the Elite league this season and probably with guesting might be the highest point scorer in the Elite League altogether.

Way past it,I think not

But he is past his best. No one can deny that surely. And he will get worse, I want to watch someone get better.

And you are right it doesn't say much for the other riders. Most of the riders in the elite league bar a small handful are nothing more than premier league riders and some still race in the national league. He isn't exactly coming up against the best riders in the world constantly like he used to be years ago. If anyone thinks he is still as good as he was, needs to think again.

Obviously that's only my opinion. And when was the last time morten was a regular in the elite league? There is a reason for that. Covatti? Don't see many oh sorry any elite league team chasing after him all season.

Edited by baldyman

You're contradicting yourself there Baldy. On one hand you don't want to see the club join the EL to watch has been riders like Nicholls, and then make the point that Risager and Covatti are journeyman has beens that don't get a sniff of EL racing and are PL riders only, the league you want to remain in? That doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me.

It makes sense to me cos I prefer the racing in the premier league and we are competitive, but a team like the one mentioned above would be a wooden spoon contender. We don't want to start all that again. Well i don't anyway, but everyone to their own. Now a decent elite team I would consider.