British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Speaking of the revolution team as it will predominantly effect the Witches is there any word if they will be functioning as a fully Jawa powered outfit as the press release suggested or will Danny & Lewis be sticking with the trusted GM's?

Well, they are branding themselves as the 'Jawa JRM Factory Race Team' and have announced Danny as their official Test Rider on their engine development programme, working closely with the Race Team and team riders Lewis Kerr and Bridger, so it looks like it is going to happen but I've not heard anything official yet.

I'm guessing they are working closely with Speedway Service Ltd with their Jawa association.

I wonder if Revolution Speedway will become more involved also in SGP and SEC sometime in the future.

Well its now 43 days till the new season kicks off at Foxhall for the Witches , does any one know if the stadium owners have done anymore work to the stadium over the winter months ?

New PA system would be great might even be able to understand what they are saying but not holding my breath .

Well its now 43 days till the new season kicks off at Foxhall for the Witches , does any one know if the stadium owners have done anymore work to the stadium over the winter months ?

New PA system would be great might even be able to understand what they are saying but not holding my breath .

Chris Louis said a few months ago that work on the new home straight stand was being carried out next winter.

Some track lighting would be good too.

Not so much more lighting it's angling the lights so they are shining onto the track and not as they currently are lighting up the stock car track

There is a problem there, it's owned by stock car people. I'm pretty sure that they just need a clean as well. And I've seen far worse lighting at other tracks

Edited by baldyman

I agree it's poor elsewhere too but I find it's made that bit worse at Ippo because you have the car track which pushes you back from the action more.

Probably just my failing eyesight though!

So they are still gas lamps?

Yes, still on town gas and thimble gauzes.

I thought I saw the lamp man going round with his pole lighting them one evening but the light wasn't good enough to be sure.

• Like 1

I thought I saw the lamp man going round with his pole lighting them one evening but the light wasn't good enough to be sure.

Well thats better than using candles as some tracks have no better lighting than this.

not being able to run on Good Friday, due to the Elite moving their fixtures to that day and also May day must be costing the promotion a serious amount of badly needed money. Its time the Premier league used their numerical supremacy to ensure they are not walked all over.