British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Ha Ha Ha

Do you lot just wait quietly in the wings waiting to jump !!!

Was it a dig at Glasgow i'm not that clever , some would say it was some would say no every one has their own way of viewing things . The point i was trying to make (up to you your choice if you choose to believe me ) was that not always does having a bumper sponsor package buy you silverware come the end of the season.

I applaud whats going on at Glasgow money being ploughed into speedway don't happen very often its a shame it don't happen to other clubs up and down the country

Well if they don't renew I'm sure the promotion will have something else in place knowing this one is running out.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. When the Ipswich Star stopped their long running financial support, we went without a first team sponsor for a few years before Sackers came along.
  • Like 1

Sackers have been around for a few years but in that time things have changed and more recently the fall in metal prices could have an impact which may lead to a rethink on their part. If it is not bringing any tangible benefits and with lower turnover etc as a business they might well look a reviewing the level of support. I would hope not but the owners are sharp and shrewd businessmen and will do what is necessary to protect the business and their own well-being/wealth. If I was CL I would certainly be looking at other sources of main sponsorship

I wouldn't be so sure of that. When the Ipswich Star stopped their long running financial support, we went without a first team sponsor for a few years before Sackers came along.

Oh believe me, my comment was very tongue in cheek. I doubt they would have done anything. Just like before.

AGM next weekend isn't it?

Think it's safe to presume we'll be remaining in the PL?

Could be wrong of course, but I think if there were intentions there to return to the EL next season we'd have probably heard a few rumours by now.

Would we want EL speedway at foxhall anyway ?

Think it's safe to presume we'll be remaining in the PL?

Could be wrong of course, but I think if there were intentions there to return to the EL next season we'd have probably heard a few rumours by now.

Posts 97 and 100...... ;)

• Like 1

The promotion have stated in the recent past that they are glad to be out of the EL.

Cannot see them moving up at all..

The promotion have stated in the recent past that they are glad to be out of the EL.

Cannot see them moving up at all..

But a new promotion may want something else?

• Like 2

But a new promotion may want something else?

A new promotion you know something we don't ?