British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington 2016

Well done S. Worrall& Adam roynon on winning the pairs.

You mean like you stuck by Nicki Barrett last season . If things are not going right any team are likely to make changes.

Totally object to that comment New era Panthers. You have touched a raw nerve here. I pride myself on giving riders every chance.

Nicki stayed with me whilst he rode in the UK and I think you might find that he had decided he wanted a break from PL speedway LONG before he was replaced.

Had it been up to him he would have gone earlier, he only stayed as long as he did because I was hoping he would change his mind and I was asking him to give it time.

Laura, Workington

Edited by shady
  • Like 3

the reply from new ears panther will be interesting . straight from the horses mouth . ( not that i am calling you an animal laura ) .. people know everything about nothing . the truth hurts for them .. is nicki still having a go at speedway or has he semi retired ?

• Like 1

Some people just open mouth, before speech gear engaged. Pleased you set the record straight Laura, good on ya.

Maybe put this to bed now.

• Like 1

Some people just open mouth, before speech gear engaged. Pleased you set the record straight Laura, good on ya.

Maybe put this to bed now.

were all guilty of it at times

i hold my hand up and admit im not perfect and sometimes make posts that when i look back the day after sometimes i think well thats not exactly what i meant

but i stand by the coment i made when the remark about niki barret was made by the panthers fan

Edited by scarra

roll on Saturday 16th july . it will have been five (5) weeks without a home meeting . not good for speedway and the riders . BAD fixture list .

roll on Saturday 16th july . it will have been five (5) weeks without a home meeting . not good for speedway and the riders . BAD fixture list .

Not good for supporters either, make that at least six for me as I'm working this week so will miss the upcoming Rye match!! :sad:

Getting pretty fed up of this now it's happening almost every year, so much so that I'll probably call it a day, just got too used to not going, sad situation!! :(

• Like 1

speedway needs a home fixture every week to keep things sweet . we go into the rye meet cold as a polar bear . could be a shock result. but who is to blame ?

• Like 2

Not good for supporters either, make that at least six for me as I'm working this week so will miss the upcoming Rye match!! :sad:

Getting pretty fed up of this now it's happening almost every year, so much so that I'll probably call it a day, just got too used to not going, sad situation!! :(

you and me both mate getting to the stage I don't much care if there's a meeting or not
  • Like 2

It's sad to read these comments. It's been incredibly frustrating for everyone concerned but we cannot beat Mother Nature. We hope to see as many there as possible on Saturday. Fingers crossed for a sunny day.

Good luck with that CD, I hope you get a nice day also, got some catching up to do!! :t:

Not always the fault of Mother Nature tho is it, from my perspective, working is the big issue but blank weekends dont help me either just as much as a rain off doesn't, shame that very few clubs will make an effort to bring matches forward in order to help one another out especially when times are tough and support dwindling at the least opportunity?

It's a big ask to maintain support when you continually have nothing "too" support? :(

• Like 2

It's sad to read these comments. It's been incredibly frustrating for everyone concerned but we cannot beat Mother Nature. We hope to see as many there as possible on Saturday. Fingers crossed for a sunny day.

but its not just the weather dan

other teams not helping to arange rain off reruns

british gp

pl 4,s

and world cup

blank dates

its all playing its part i enjoy speedway but im afraid the writtings on the wall for workington comets

poor crowds and too many weeks without a home meeting driving others away

lack of help from media its all adding up derwent park is a good venue for speedway but its dying and looks like its dying quick

• Like 2

but its not just the weather dan

other teams not helping to arange rain off reruns

british gp

pl 4,s

and world cup

blank dates

its all playing its part i enjoy speedway but im afraid the writtings on the wall for workington comets

poor crowds and too many weeks without a home meeting driving others away

lack of help from media its all adding up derwent park is a good venue for speedway but its dying and looks like its dying quick

Also with us getting knocked out of the koc first round(again)means we're kicking our heels while other teams participate in further rounds,even the league cup semi were in couldn't be arranged till September,the riders must be pretty brassed off let alone the fans
  • Like 1

Also with us getting knocked out of the koc first round(again)means we're kicking our heels while other teams participate in further rounds,even the league cup semi were in couldn't be arranged till September,the riders must be pretty brassed off let alone the fans

but thats the thing if both teams worked together the semi could be held sooner if both sides wanted it and worked with each other

berwick ran a monday to get on sky glasgow ran a wednesday to get on sky

berwick always claimed they could only run saturdays with very few off nights being on a wednesday but when sky are in town they can run mondays ?????

just shows if they want it clubs can run other nights obviously glasgow running scared of derwent park

ive a lot of time for the glasgow fans but the new era promotion look to be not as friendly

but thats the thing if both teams worked together the semi could be held sooner if both sides wanted it and worked with each other

berwick ran a monday to get on sky glasgow ran a wednesday to get on sky

berwick always claimed they could only run saturdays with very few off nights being on a wednesday but when sky are in town they can run mondays ?????

just shows if they want it clubs can run other nights obviously glasgow running scared of derwent park

ive a lot of time for the glasgow fans but the new era promotion look to be not as friendly

Typical Comets fan, you're talking out your arse