British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington 2016

What are these awards judged upon?

Not the same criteria that I (and I suspect a lot of fans) use. Of the top 5 matches I saw last season, 3 were at Scunthorpe which says it all really. For sheer quality of racing, nothing beats EWR.

Having said that, Workington does deserve recognition. The racing was better last season than in previous years and generally well above average, the speedway is the cheapest in the PL (and indeed is comparable with some NL tracks) and there's the bonus of the Hogster on the mic.

As an overall package, its right up there.

Think they are based on preparation rather than quality of racing as Leicester got third in the EL!

I think you are dead right................and preparation, as we know only too well, is often in the eye of the beholder.

Leicester was better last season, too.

• Like 2

Jenga proving to be the fountain of knowledge after all.....

• Like 2

Welcome Ty, I think that's a strong looking side with a couple of guys on what look to be falsely low averages. Of course the real test will be on track but im a happy supporter.

• Like 2

Yes, good signing is Ty and, given an injury free season, has potential to add a fair bit to his starting 6.68 average.

Looks a decent side and could easily make the play-offs. Always enjoyed my visits to Workington, well after 1976 anyway, and hope the Comets fans have an entertaining 2016.

• Like 2

Tidy looking team. After so many years of being good but not great could Workington have finally cracked it?

A very good signing to complete the team , Ty Proctor is not a rider we've seen a lot of at Derwent Park down the years, his last appearance was in 2011 when he scored 8+1 guesting for us at Number 1.

Before that it's almost 7 years since he last rode against us at Derwent Park in 2009 for Redcar in a team that also included a certain Mr Stonehewer.

some real nice coments from rival fans

and some that are a real surprise

obviously workington have had some good sides in the past only for them to self distruct hopefully this side will show some of that paper potential and be right up there all season

wouldst it be nice if all the pl teams went through the season without using r/r or guests for absent riders . now there,s a bet for someone ... anybody got a spare two grand for a bet ?....

Tidy looking team. After so many years of being good but not great could Workington have finally cracked it?

SCB are you feeling okay , I know it's nearly Xmas but bloody hell , you have finally made me smile instead of shouting at the IPad