British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

I too have enjoyed the racing this year but still aspire to a return to Elite League ( perhaps not in its present form)

I don't think that it has been any better or any worse tbh. The only thing that has excited me this year is Anders Thomsen: now he does look a talent so will be too big for us now and will be offski & uspski. If the feel-good factor has returned it's nothing IMO to do with the PL. It's returned because Rathbone is good at what he does, is good at communicating with fans at the right level and the riders are encouraged and happy to interact with those fans, plus we have a team at the right end of the table who made the play-offs. That's nothing that couldn't have been done before but we had what appeared to be a distant promotion who were uncomfortable communicating at the fans level, and there was a distinct lack of interaction between riders and fans, especially from the team's much maligned permanent figurehead, plus it was only at the end that of our EL tenure that we had a potent winning team. For 2016 Rob Lyon sort of gave the game away when he said they sort of know what the structure is next year (or something like that, just needing to be rubber stamped at the AGM?) so you suspect that it's more of the same for Panthers if the club owner (we assume that he still is) is happy for the present arrangement to continue? It's not for me as I can take it or leave it since 2013, but if it works for the club then so be it. Better that than lose the magnificent EoES track and facilities to speedway.

Edited by Crump99

Worryingly I haven't heard next season or the future mentioned by the promotion at all. However they have signed 3 assets.

If I was you I'd be more concerned if there were bad vibes but there aren't any that I know of, and the club is in a better place than when the supremo left at this time last year. Assuming that Rick and Julie still own the club then the final decision is theirs, although any decisions will have been made by now.

Edited by Crump99

Peterborough have an excellent track... so as long as they ensure the maximum number of racers rather than riders they will do alright.

Obviously they will build a team that they will hope will at least reach the play offs... but plans do not always come off...

I'm sure I saw a certain Mr Bratley in the pits before the meeting unless he has a better looking older brother! :P

specsavers have a sale on at the moment.

I'm sure I saw a certain Mr Bratley in the pits before the meeting unless he has a better looking older brother! :P

He's often there. Those latrines don't clean themselves y'know!

• Like 1

I don't think that it has been any better or any worse tbh. The only thing that has excited me this year is Anders Thomsen: now he does look a talent so will be too big for us now and will be offski & uspski. If the feel-good factor has returned it's nothing IMO to do with the PL. It's returned because Rathbone is good at what he does, is good at communicating with fans at the right level and the riders are encouraged and happy to interact with those fans, plus we have a team at the right end of the table who made the play-offs. That's nothing that couldn't have been done before but we had what appeared to be a distant promotion who were uncomfortable communicating at the fans level, and there was a distinct lack of interaction between riders and fans, especially from the team's much maligned permanent figurehead, plus it was only at the end that of our EL tenure that we had a potent winning team. For 2016 Rob Lyon sort of gave the game away when he said they sort of know what the structure is next year (or something like that, just needing to be rubber stamped at the AGM?) so you suspect that it's more of the same for Panthers if the club owner (we assume that he still is) is happy for the present arrangement to continue? It's not for me as I can take it or leave it since 2013, but if it works for the club then so be it. Better that than lose the magnificent EoES track and facilities to speedway.

Nothing I disagree with at all, especially about Ged Rathbone, communication and the team interacting with the fans.

• Like 2

as talk turns to team building for 2016..

I thought I'd start a thread for next season....

I would thing I would like to see all of Ostergaard , Barker, Grondal, Thomsen, S Lambert and Palm Toft + AN Other back next season

Add Dimitri BERGE and that would be a great team and would still keep the team spirit we have going - shame we can not get n Porshing in though

Add Dimitri BERGE and that would be a great team and would still keep the team spirit we have going - shame we can not get n Porshing in though

Why couldn't we get porsing?

• Like 1

Nothing I disagree with at all, especially about Ged Rathbone, communication and the team interacting with the fans.

Apart from the taking it or leaving it since 2013.

Why couldn't we get porsing?

Because we can only have 7 riders in a team😁.

If no Thompson then fit porsing in his place

Edited by Lurcher