British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Rathbone said: “We find ourselves in a highly unsatisfactory situation and to be perfectly honest the whole season has been pointless“

thought he was talking about our reserves against Workington :D

Nothing worst than a gloating fan, yes you've won and had your moment and made the play offs, congratulations but going out your way to goad and wind someone else up, bit low tbh. Each to there own.

Ged has a point why was it extended a week for some teams? Surely we can have a week?

http://peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2941.2

Lets get it extended to the 25th then Newcastle can get their last match in and possibly overhaul Glasgow for 2nd

Oh.............. but then Glasgow may ask for it to be extended so they can go to Edinburgh and possibly get back ahead of Newcastle!!

Bottom line - it wasn't extended for "some" teams it was extended as most had been affected by bad weather, if it is extended to 26th it is specifically for one team so why should they be shown favouritism

Edited by Mad Max
  • Like 2

To some extent I agree with your points Mad Max but what annoys me (and has done for many seasons now) is the cut off dates being so early in the PL when we have no Sky schedule to consider and the season does not end until 30th October. I realise some will point to weather problems as a possibility later into autumn but not any worse than March and some years a lot better.

• Like 4

To some extent I agree with your points Mad Max but what annoys me (and has done for many seasons now) is the cut off dates being so early in the PL when we have no Sky schedule to consider and the season does not end until 30th October. I realise some will point to weather problems as a possibility later into autumn but not any worse than March and some years a lot better.

There are a number of other factors which all contribute towards the issue - you can argue that you leave cut off later but then you have potentially 3 matches to fit in, if clubs have restrictions on availability of stadium (as Edinburgh are stating) and they are due to play a club with same race night and possible restrictions you have two weeks taken up (more if rain off) you then have the rider availability problem which open up all avenues for discussions - I personally think we have gone way to far in allowing r/r & guest for riders hopping off to give priority elsewhere, but then what would it achieve by having a club with 3 of its own riders and 4 novices - just devaluing the public, so again dates have to fit in with when they can get a full team out (as per Peterborough and tonight).

You can go on and on but is mid September really too early ?? Look back at all the weeks no fixture took place (probably because riders were elsewhere) and see how fixtures could have been completed

• Like 1

With all the fuss over cut off dates here and cut off dates there why not just have this competition where at the end of 24 meetings each a league table appears and whoever finishes top are classed as the league champions 😀

• Like 2

No point in talking sense, maneacat..... it doesn't go down too well on here! :wink:

• Like 2

Speedway seasons are now just so short for those that don't make the play offs and the cup competitions,into Sept and there still doing the league cup semis from a competition that ended around May time which doesn't help with other league fixtures that need to be fitted in, clubs fanny around in mid season then face the rush and financial implications of off days and fitting the fixtures in, if you finish in September fans move onto other things and the interest factor creeps in, got to do something to keep the paying customers longer or more and more clubs could face closure though lack of interested paying customers.

Anyone else notice that recent press releases and pieces in Speedway Star are having more frequent references to finances?

For example - Highlighting losses on certain meetings, how all bills should(!) be paid by end of season, and now the fact that Edinburgh is going to result in "a wage-bill running into thousands of pounds" (NB I thought home promotion paid all points/prize money so is this on top of standard money??)

I may be reading too much into this - any thoughts!!

Edinburgh cowards should be deducted points, offering the 23rd is a joke!

We offered today and you said no. So better luck next year.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Someone coming on here using different user names, and making bets they were never going to honour, now that's a coward.

Now I bet if ipswich hadn't made the play offs and Peterborough did, I bet the coward would have been on here constantly gloating and putting the other chap down, just like a typical coward troll that he is.

if you want to treat yourself you can watch from the best view in the house in the hospitality area. £30 or £25 if your not drinking alcohol. That gets you in, a programme, buffet, free bar and get to watch 2 races from the centre green pretty good value for money IMO.

Is that true? I'll be giving that a go next year. Booked in advance only?

We offered today and you said no. So better luck next year.Y

Yes we should have accepted your very generous offer and used 4 national league riders , what a treat for speedway fans

Or, if some of your riders are only riding in Czech on Sunday, got them to ride at Edinburgh on Friday as well.