British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Newcastle have 6.91 left

you havent factored ib the Brit reductions.....

Find one then...... I hope we haven't built from the bottom up and missed out on potential targets.

I think we have already signed a no. 1 and are just waiting to name them. Ged seems to be on the ball so lets see who he has for us.

• Like 1

Find one then...... I hope we haven't built from the bottom up and missed out on potential targets.

There are plenty put there, NBJ rode poland last season, it doesn't mean he will this.

I think we have already signed a no. 1 and are just waiting to name them. Ged seems to be on the ball so lets see who he has for us.

I think you have a good idea of who last rider will be, realistically when you have two spots left and a reasonable number of points to play with you don't just sign a lower average rider and then hope you can use the remainder - any sensible promotion would plan for both places and act accordingly. I put your promotion in the "sensible" bracket ;)

PETERBOROUGH have launched a search for a major backer for the 2016 season.

Current title sponsors Readypower have notified club bosses they will not be extending their deal for next term.

That leaves a golden opportunity for a new title sponsor to step in and put their name to the ambitious Panthers brand.

Promoter Ged Rathbone is adamant good times lie ahead with the club determined to build on their fine run to the semi-finals of the Premier League play-offs last season.

Rathbone said: "We thank Readypower for their support which proved to be very valuable during 2015.

"They have chosen not to renew the partnership and we are now working hard on new sponsorship leads.

"We are looking for a company to put their name to a team which I believe will again be capable of challenging for honours in 2016.

"In return we offer plentiful local and national exposure, and a hell of a lot of excitement along the way."

Any businesses keen on backing Peterborough's biggest summer sport club can make contact with club officials via peterboroughspeedwayoffice@yahoo.com

peterboroughpanthers.co/news

Edited by Crump99

Panthers won’t pay silly money for a number one

3902990957.jpg
Panthers latest signing Simon Lambert.
  • Thursday 03 December 2015

Promoter Ged Rathbone insists he will not be held to ransom as he attempts to complete the assembly of the Panthers team for 2016.

The city club now have six confirmed members of their septet for next season in place after welcoming back star-of-2015 Simon Lambert yesterday (Wednesday).

The 26 year-old’s arrival - to join captain Ulrich Ostergaard, new signing Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, fellow returnees Michael Palm Toft and Emil Grondal, and British reserve Tom Perry - leaves club chiefs with only one void left to fill.

They have 8.45 points at their disposal to attract what is likely to be their number one rider, but Rathbone admits the demands of possible targets could prove to be a stumbling block.

Rathbone said: “We are not going to rush into completing the team. We have to make the right signing at the right price.

“We are not going to throw money around and we are certainly not going to be held to ransom. There are plenty of Premier League clubs paying silly money to attract riders but we won’t be joining them.

“We do have a number of possible targets so it is a case of seeing what develops over the coming days and weeks.”

Rathbone is urging latest recruit Lambert to ensure his days as a high-scoring reserve are behind him.

The Panthers supremo wants to see the Lincolnshire-based racer develop into a proven performer in the main body of the team.

That’s where he ended last season and it is also where he will begin the new campaign as his average (5.19) is marginally higher than that of World Under 21 finalist Grondal, who will begin 2016 in a reserve berth on a mark of 5.12.

Rathbone added: “Simon was brilliant for us last season and we’re delighted to have him back again for 2016.

“He produced big scores home and away at reserve to put more than one-and-a-half points on his average.

“I have no doubt his figure would have been even higher had he not been out for a month when breaking his shoulder and then returned without it being fully healed.

“He still showed enough to suggest he can become a solid second string in the Premier League and that should be the least he achieves in 2016.

“I want him to continue to push and challenge to become a heat leader, and I don’t want to see him back at reserve.”

Panthers team so far: Ulrich Ostergaard (av 7.87), Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen (6.91), Michael Palm Toft (5.96), Simon Lambert (5.19), Emil Grondal (5.12), Tom Perry (3.00).

Read more: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers-won-t-pay-silly-money-for-a-number-one-1-7097805#ixzz3tLQHEjiw

Panthers won’t pay silly money for a number one

3902990957.jpg
Panthers latest signing Simon Lambert.
  • Thursday 03 December 2015

Promoter Ged Rathbone insists he will not be held to ransom as he attempts to complete the assembly of the Panthers team for 2016.

The city club now have six confirmed members of their septet for next season in place after welcoming back star-of-2015 Simon Lambert yesterday (Wednesday).

The 26 year-old’s arrival - to join captain Ulrich Ostergaard, new signing Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, fellow returnees Michael Palm Toft and Emil Grondal, and British reserve Tom Perry - leaves club chiefs with only one void left to fill.

They have 8.45 points at their disposal to attract what is likely to be their number one rider, but Rathbone admits the demands of possible targets could prove to be a stumbling block.

Rathbone said: “We are not going to rush into completing the team. We have to make the right signing at the right price.

“We are not going to throw money around and we are certainly not going to be held to ransom. There are plenty of Premier League clubs paying silly money to attract riders but we won’t be joining them.

“We do have a number of possible targets so it is a case of seeing what develops over the coming days and weeks.”

Rathbone is urging latest recruit Lambert to ensure his days as a high-scoring reserve are behind him.

The Panthers supremo wants to see the Lincolnshire-based racer develop into a proven performer in the main body of the team.

That’s where he ended last season and it is also where he will begin the new campaign as his average (5.19) is marginally higher than that of World Under 21 finalist Grondal, who will begin 2016 in a reserve berth on a mark of 5.12.

Rathbone added: “Simon was brilliant for us last season and we’re delighted to have him back again for 2016.

“He produced big scores home and away at reserve to put more than one-and-a-half points on his average.

“I have no doubt his figure would have been even higher had he not been out for a month when breaking his shoulder and then returned without it being fully healed.

“He still showed enough to suggest he can become a solid second string in the Premier League and that should be the least he achieves in 2016.

“I want him to continue to push and challenge to become a heat leader, and I don’t want to see him back at reserve.”

Panthers team so far: Ulrich Ostergaard (av 7.87), Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen (6.91), Michael Palm Toft (5.96), Simon Lambert (5.19), Emil Grondal (5.12), Tom Perry (3.00).

Read more: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers-won-t-pay-silly-money-for-a-number-one-1-7097805#ixzz3tLQHEjiw

that would suggest that some of the big names mentioned by some of the Panthers fans is out of the equation.

Edited by spin king

Do you mean i am not his father. :shock::shock::P

Probably not, FP is special needs so wouldn't wish that on you.

• Like 1

Probably not, FP is special needs so wouldn't wish that on you.

crikey time for me to quit !!

I'm being mugged off by a 50 year old virgin!! :t:

• Like 1

Very diplomatic from Rathbone! Looks like the end of the failed Readypower experiment (in success terms, not saving the club from a supremo's dire financial situation). It's just a question of who actually owns the club now? The glory hunt in Dorset should pick up pace now? Poole NL in a few years :)

PETERBOROUGH have launched a search for a major backer for the 2016 season.

Current title sponsors Readypower have notified club bosses they will not be extending their deal for next term.

That leaves a golden opportunity for a new title sponsor to step in and put their name to the ambitious Panthers brand.

Promoter Ged Rathbone is adamant good times lie ahead with the club determined to build on their fine run to the semi-finals of the Premier League play-offs last season.

Rathbone said: "We thank Readypower for their support which proved to be very valuable during 2015.

"They have chosen not to renew the partnership and we are now working hard on new sponsorship leads.

"We are looking for a company to put their name to a team which I believe will again be capable of challenging for honours in 2016.

"In return we offer plentiful local and national exposure, and a hell of a lot of excitement along the way."

Any businesses keen on backing Peterborough's biggest summer sport club can make contact with club officials via peterboroughspeedwayoffice@yahoo.com

peterboroughpanthers.co/news

snapback.png

baldinhio, on 17 Nov 2015 - 1:44 PM, said:snapback.png

Can it survive without the financial support of Readypower?

The post questioned the benefit to Readypower of continuing sponsorship if and when the assets are transferred. Only the owners can answer that question.

None to my knowledge, hence referencing "Should this transpire".

foreverblue, on 17 Nov 2015 - 1:57 PM, said:snapback.png

I don't see any reason why Readypower should not sponsor Peterborough just because they also sponsor Poole. Rick Frost must think speedway is a good thing to be involved with and there is no conflict of interest.

Alas, Readypower have answered one question and only the promoters know the answer to the other. It would be interesting to know if the rider assets have been transferred to Poole.

snapback.png

baldinhio, on 17 Nov 2015 - 1:44 PM, said:snapback.png

foreverblue, on 17 Nov 2015 - 1:57 PM, said:snapback.png

Alas, Readypower have answered one question and only the promoters know the answer to the other. It would be interesting to know if the rider assets have been transferred to Poole.

Which would have a major impact on priority when clashes occur for doubling riders!!