British Speedway Forum
sussex bulldog

Eastbourne V Rye House Raiders Gold Cup 2 Pm 20/09/15

The track didn't need so much watering. Thinking he was conscious of not messing up for Bob

The track didn't need so much watering. Thinking he was conscious of not messing up for Bob

The home team are well within their rights to doctor a track to suit their own riders. It's what any team desperate to win silverware would do.

• Like 1

Branford tried to land the knock-out punch of the meeting but he was the one who let his team down.

Played the panto villain after that to help entertain the Eastbourne crowd.

Had he run away before heat 15? Where's Top Cat when you want to known something?

The home team are well within their rights to doctor a track to suit their own riders. It's what any team desperate to win silverware would do.

Yeah I know but after a race that only got to bend 2 was a bit ott
  • Like 1

Complete waste of time probably the most boring meeting of the season for so many reasons.

Hour and forty minutes to run eight heats. Did the little bundle outside the pits really need the ref to make the long walk to the pits to sort it out. One quick phone call could have done it but no another half an hour delay at which point they chose to have an interval. They call the track staff back but by then they had another ridiculous round of watering and grading. Overwatered so no surprises to see yet another race stopped immediately after the interval.

Had this gone on at Rye all the comedians would be out to take the mick but of course this is Eastbourne where things are done right

No sour grapes as Eastbourne are better by two riders absolutely no reason to doctor the track. Between the Ref and the track people this was the sort of meeting that make fans think twice before coming back.

• Like 2

I would have said that until some friends came round to see be on the stock car track, They had been standing on the grass bacnk between turns 3 and 4 and were covered in dust.

I am not sure you can help meetings with so many exclusions being drawn out.

One thing I would I would like to see is a 30 second warning to get to tapes after a false start.

Yeah I know but after a race that only got to bend 2 was a bit ott

Eastbourne have to be successful on the track to please the fans who are used to better days. If it means preparing a dodgy track, then that's all part of the plan.

I'm not saying for one minute that the Raiders would've gone through had this not happened. Eastbourne are the better team, no doubt. There's no need to over water the track to help the home team. No need whatsoever

Edited by Shads

I was not there but Cris Gay holds the tapes far to long which invariable results in long drawn out meetings with numorous reruns ..One of the worst of a bad bunch of refs on today's circuit....

The meeting was poor, not helped by an awful referee that took ages to put on the 2 minute warning and held the tapes too long. The tractor coming on every other heat didn't help either.

However, the track wasn't doctored, it was unfeasibly warm and dry for mid-september so plenty of water was applied. It helped neither team to be honest. Anyone who thinks otherwise is making up excuses for a defeat.

Always enjoy our battles with Rye and hope they run a NL next season. Roll on the National Trophy final.

I was not there but Cris Gay holds the tapes far to long which invariable results in long drawn out meetings with numorous reruns ..One of the worst of a bad bunch of refs on today's circuit....

He must have been Morley went through them after anticipating when they would normally go up. still managed to get placed well off 15 metres though.

1st time to Eastbourne and the last,It took 3 hours to run the meeting, very boring never again,

Talking about Morley i think he did better than Brad would have as he beat Branford every time. Wood picked up after a break in. Hopwood had a nightmare with his first bike sounding like it had had a hot curry the night before and used what looked like Woods bike number 2 for the meeting obvioulsy slowed him up a bit.

I agree with Waco about the ref.

The track was fine, just a breezy sunny day drying it out and a bit of over riding by a few rye lads

What a shocking way to treat fans (again!)

This was a complete own goal by the Eastbourne promotion and the referee.

Don't they get it.??..Keeping us waiting around for ages for something to happen for no good reason at all is driving the few remaining of us away.

The roving reporter did his best but honestly, not a single bad crash and yet we were there for 3 hours to see 15 heats...pathetic!!

The referee was absolutely useless at getting on with things allowing riders far too much time between re-runs.

Too many restarts for unsatisfactory starts - why can't they change the rules...let the race run and disqualify a rider for moving...something HAS to be done or we should go back to old rules before its too late.

After the ref had decided to wander over to the pits it was said there would be an interval, fair enough, he then ambles back and I think we're all ready to go, riders on bikes, track staff in place. but no! we then had to wait for the tractors to start watering again!

it beggars belief that they treat spectators in this way..

sad sad sad

and another thing..do they really think we believed that heat after heat was timed at either 60.0 dead or 61.0 dead???..

..why not say the only stopwatch has broken...why make things up?

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 2

15 heats completed in 80 minutes at Mildenhall last week (Fen Tigers v Raiders)