British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon Robins Vs Belle Vue Aces 21 September 2015

Will the #prayforMatej wrist bands be available at Blunsdon tomorrow?

No just the PO final next Monday at kirky lane :)

• Like 1

No just the PO final next Monday at kirky lane :)

Shame. A missed opportunity to raise funds for the lad.

Still, I'm sure AJ will be round with his bucket in the play off final.

• Like 3

What a shame and a loss for the Aces that Matej didn't come through his try out meeting today with a clean bill of health. Knowing his commitment to the Aces it must have been a difficult and disappointing decision for him to have to make but as he has said all along it would be wrong for him to ride in such an important meeting for the club if he is unable to give less than 100%.

We know that AJ weakens us but know he will give his all and he is the best of those available.

What a shame and a loss for the Aces that Matej didn't come through his try out meeting today with a clean bill of health. Knowing his commitment to the Aces it must have been a difficult and disappointing decision for him to have to make but as he has said all along it would be wrong for him to ride in such an important meeting for the club if he is unable to give less than 100%.

We know that AJ weakens us but know he will give his all and he is the best of those available.

Well said Aces51. AJ does weaken us :D:P:rofl:

Well said Aces51. AJ does weaken us :D:P:rofl:

Or maybe awoken us

So Matej rides in the SGP last week and pulls out of the first leg of the play-offs for which Rosco got a lot of stick for suggesting he wasn't really injured. He then rides in the golden helmet meeting and as I understand it made the rostrum and then he isn't well enough to ride again in the playoffs.

Something very fishy in allowing AJ to ride both times. I can't say it's cheating as I don't have all the facts but something really stinks!

As it happens Zagar made the final and retired last! Also Batch was runner up in that final to.............Jurica Pavlic!

Elsewhere, Zengi scored 11 from 5 for Leszno in the Polish play-off Final first leg

It beggars belief, only last week I read zagar comment on rosco......utter p*** take and 2 fingers to british speedway, and people wonder why sport here is in the state its in...if belle vue management had respect for that famous ace on their race jacket, they should make sure zagar never ever wears that again!!....

• Like 2

Why would aces management be annoyed? A fully fit aj is better than a 70% fit zagar.

As an aces fan agree this stinks though. Riding in GPS I have no issue with. Riding a couple of heats in the golden helmet and then withdrawing fine also. But to ride the whole meeting and final and then be unfit!?! Hard to blame either aces or zagar, and realise would be hard to put in place water tight rules, but this does really make a mockery of things.

That said Swindon can hardly take the moral high ground after the batch average lowering farce. Though again, hard to argue that wasn't the right thing for them to do.

Did they ..what did they get fined ...were any points deducted etc ?

If getting Batchelor to drop his average is ok to fit Ward in then so is AJ guesting for Zagar. Both are wrong or are both right?

If getting Batchelor to drop his average is ok to fit Ward in then so is AJ guesting for Zagar. Both are wrong or are both right?

So presumably both will get the same amount of reaction from you then, Steve?

Did they ..what did they get fined ...were any points deducted etc ?

This line of defence - known as the Poole Fan's No.1 choice - doesn't really count though.

As you well know, if Batch was deliberately dropping points nothing could ever be proved.

• Like 2

It's not like Belle Vue are bringing in a stronger rider. Both are about the same.

Zagar had been in great form before his injury.

Swindon are at full strength so should win at home.

Edited by mdmc82

Is I said in a previous thread if Zagar does well in the Golden Helmet he should really ride at Swindon on Monday. Both the Zagar and North situation really gets people down about the sport.

• Like 1

Zagar didn't complete his last two rides yesterday. I hope he has not made matters worse trying things out. The doctors seem to think he has.

Gutted.

• Like 1