British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon Robins Vs Belle Vue Aces 21 September 2015

Any chance of a weather update around Swindon, has the predicted wet stuff turned up.

Any chance of a weather update around Swindon, has the predicted wet stuff turned up.

Yes it has been raining for a couple of hours but the rain has not been heavy.

So far the forecast has been spot on with the time the rain has arrived. If they are right about it being clear after 2/3 then I reckon we will be ok.

.......arnieg........ It will be fun watching Rossiter hyperventilating this evening.

It's times like this that I wish I still had Sky. :lol:

• Like 1

Can't wait to see a Rosco interview about this whole Zagar debacle..even better if it gets rained off after 10 heats with Swindon eating into B.vue's lead... I personally hope B.vue go all the way and defeat the cheating Pirates.

• Like 4

Deleted

Edited by arnieg

Now Arnie...why didn't you just use the 'hide' option? My imagination is working overtime now wondering what you wrote that you've deleted. :lol:

That misrepresents the way the Golden Helmet works - he didn't ride in his third semi final heat because he had already qualified. If you look at the scorecard you will see several riders missed their third group ride for that reason.

This is hardly a new situation, I recall Matej missing a Racers meeting with a pre announced injury.

It will be fun watching Rossiter hyperventilating this evening.

Is there are problem with zagar flying at the moment ?

Is a bit rich Swindon fans complaining about a rider with a genuine injury who, very sensibly, decided to have a try out meeting to see if the injury had mended before riding in what is a very important meeting for his club. As has been reported his injury had not healed and he is going for further treatment today.

Swindon fans would have preferred he didn't ride yesterday and instead took a chance today which, in the light of what has happened after riding yesterday, could have resulted in him not being able to give 100% and the Aces losing out on a place in the final. I can understand that but don't try to justify it by pretending to take the moral high ground when you have a history this season of using a guest for Miedzinski when he was obviously fit enough to ride.

If Miedzinski was still in the Swindon side and riding overseas, then Swindon should not have had a guest for him.

I'm not sure if they did anyway, as they signed Kildemand as cover. And Miedzinski could have been given a 28 day ban if deemed to be witholding his services, which would also have allowed a facility.

But there may have been matches when Miedzinski was riding overseas and was till in the Swindon side, and if so then I don't see why Swindon should have had a guest. But I don't know if that was the case, so if you know better perhaps you could point out which matches it applies to.

Edited by grachan

All this talk of Zagar's "Commitment " to Belle Vue makes me smile. How committed was he at Leicester when he disgraced the Aces bib by tootling around at the back for 3 of his 4 rides, and ended up with 1 point. In many of his other matches, when he missed the gate he seemed quite happy to stooge around at the back, admiring the scenery. His performance in the A fixture at Swindon left a bit to be desired. Was it 2 points ? How many times has he declined to ride in heat 15 ? OK, I know that the match was usually won by then, but were the punters happy to be short-changed ?

Couldnt agree with you more. I felt well ripped-off when i went expecting to see a team performance from BV at Leicester and a close competitive match and wrote to them afterwards because their number one took the p*ss out of the paying public and his team-mates by pratting around and actually caused a hazard to other riders. I think he was given a kick up the backside by BV after that, because he seemed to get his act together for a while. I hope the boot was a big one with a steel toecap because that's what I'd have worn.

I'm sure that he is genuinely unfit to ride today and hope he sends some of his earnings from Pardubice to his BV team mates.

Is a bit rich Swindon fans complaining about a rider with a genuine injury who, very sensibly, decided to have a try out meeting to see if the injury had mended before riding in what is a very important meeting for his club. As has been reported his injury had not healed and he is going for further treatment today.

Swindon fans would have preferred he didn't ride yesterday and instead took a chance today which, in the light of what has happened after riding yesterday, could have resulted in him not being able to give 100% and the Aces losing out on a place in the final. I can understand that but don't try to justify it by pretending to take the moral high ground when you have a history this season of using a guest for Miedzinski when he was obviously fit enough to ride.

But that not true I posted before the match that AJ was going to ride so please cut out the bull about this fitness test etc the cat had been let of the bag already ...not sure why you have told the same thing so many times ...As for Miedzinski most of the Swindom fans slagged him off for not riding while being fit ...As I said before if Aces replacement had been poorer or they had got beat there fans Attitude would have been completely different towards Zagar in what he is doing .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

I don't get what Zagar is getting out of this?

We know as it's been brought up again on here that he gets his money if he scores 1, 2 or 15. Why would he cost himself money. If it's not about the money and he can't be arsed then why would he travel to the dinner dance we held last November when there was no £3k on offer.

Top and bottom of it is you would rather tackle an Aces side tracking an injured rider.

Appalling!

Has anybody warned Batchelor that the track might be wet

No just tell him it is dry and hope he does not notice.

• Like 1