British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Sheffield Plpo Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Target 2000? With only few days to go the Club need to announce our team (including a guest) - that's the best chance of achieving that figure.

No guest. Tungate, Wells, Porsing all unavailable. Rider replacement it is.

Good luck with the 2000 gate, we were thinking of going but not now with Sheffield with a 2 point deficit and not knowing on the fitness of Jason.

Target 2000? With only few days to go the Club need to announce our team (including a guest) - that's the best chance of achieving that figure.

No suitable guests available. Wells, Tungate. Porsing all injured or have other commitments

Not confident with RR in slightest

It's relying a lot on Barker, Thomsen and Grondal imo but no guest available. Could be R/R at 1 for both teams

Injuries and Poland the big factor as to why we can't get a guest and of course the fact you rightly can't use riders also in the play offs

Edited by dazpanther

I know times aren"t what they were in speedway circles, but surely 2,000 turnout in a play off is not a massive success?

If you say you want 2000 and get 3000 its a big bonus , if you say you want 3000 and get 2000 its a kick in the teeth , to look to double your average attendance is a reasonable target

surely we will be okay with R/R at number 1 , especially if Garrity is out also ...

Shame though as it could detract from the levels of entertainment.

It's relying a lot on Barker, Thomsen and Grondal imo but no guest available. Could be R/R at 1 for both teams

Injuries and Poland the big factor as to why we can't get a guest and of course the fact you rightly can't use riders also in the play offs

We can't do anything about injuries but we chose Sunday with it's associated problems, whereas we originally wanted the tie to be settled on the Thurs 24th & Fri 25th. Should have stuck to the 25th if still available, that would potentially have helped with a guest situation, if it is seen as a problem?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

WHAT...IN A PLAY OFF !!!!! :o

That has made me LOL quite a lot :D

We can't do anything about injuries but we chose Sunday with it's associated problems, whereas we originally wanted the tie to be settled on the Thurs 24th & Fri 25th. Should have stuck to the 25th if still available, that would potentially have helped with a guest situation, if it is seen as a problem?

Perhaps the Showground was already being used for an event tomorrow? Always a possibility. I know there have been events on on both Fridays and Sundays at times as that's when we all get to park in the field and have to walk further :lol: but why they couldn't share the venue or do an overlap or whatever if there is indeed an event on tomorrow, I don't know.

Disappointing to only have R/R instead of a guest, but if the best options are not available, then I don't suppose there's much else that the club can do, other than bring in someone who really isn't number 1 quality and that wouldn't be of much help. Only thing is is that you'd then have 7 bodies instead of 6 bodies doing the job of 7. Hey ho!

I hope the Panthers are able to go through, although I suspect I will miss the next home meeting against Edinburgh (think that's who is up next) as I'm away in Yorkshire/Cumbria from Friday 9th to Sunday 11th October. Coming back on Sunday, but wouldn't make a 3pm or 5pm start time! I see the Monarchs home leg is pencilled in for Friday 9th, so looking likely that it'll be Sunday 11th :cry:

but why they couldn't share the venue or do an overlap or whatever if there is indeed an event on tomorrow, I don't know.

I see the Monarchs home leg is pencilled in for Friday 9th, so looking likely that it'll be Sunday 11th :cry:

The day's of a large EoES with plenty of access methods are long gone, as is the abilty for 2 events run side by side always and without problems.

England playing on the 9th and no Prem fixtures on Sunday :shock: Well someone's come out smelling of roses if that's how it pans out!

Edited by Crump99

The day's of a large EoES with plenty of access methods are long gone, as is the abilty for 2 events run side by side always and without problems.

They seemed to manage it okay a couple of months ago when the place was overrun with Border Collies. Made Lucy's day.....and mine. :lol:

Panthers bosses are still to decide whether to draft in a guest or operate the rider replacement facility at number one. They have few options with three likely candidates to step in - Ricky Wells, Rohan Tungate and Nicklas Porsing - all unavailable.

They seemed to manage it okay a couple of months ago when the place was overrun with Border Collies. Made Lucy's day.....and mine. :lol:

Given the size of the place, even though much reduced these days, it still shouldn't be too difficult, but organisation, cooperation and communication at the EoES aren't strong points these days. There are occasional exceptions of course but when you've been to speedway at the EoE Show, Expo Steam, with the Motorhome Show and the Bible bashers both in town etc, you'll appreciate what a widdle in the ocean a few doggies is. That's not a go at you but a reflection of how far speedway has fallen down the pecking order over the last decade or so.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1