British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Oh I forgot - everyone's got it in for your team - referees, officials et al. :rolleyes:

Remind me again who EK was riding for when he was suspended following drillgate? Also, what team was docked 3points in a recent season. Don't think it was Poole or Swindon - and you dare to call others cheats! :rolleyes:

And theres the issue. BV call a meeting off due to a lack of riders, "Fine them. Take 3 points from them" but Poole do it and, *tumbleweed*

Those saying bees shouldn't miss Garrity tomorrow are mad. Even if you have a strong top 5, Reserves are just as important. Does that mean Poole wouldn't miss Newman. Yeah right.

Poole are lucky they are strengthened against a depleted team

It's called the truth. Maybe you should look up the meaning.

No it's his interpretation of the truth, a big difference. Typical lack of class from the guy who wanted fans to pay his fine.

Just read Mick Horton's summary of events over the last two days if you haven't then read if. He gives you the full information regard the antics of all involved with the actions of the Poole management. Well done Mick Horton, shame on you Poole there's an old saying cheats never prosper, let's hope this comes true tomorrow!!

Is this the statement that's on the Coventry website?

COVENTRY can confirm they requested clarification from the BSPA and SCB regarding the Poole line-up for the second leg of their Elite League play-off semi-final on Monday.

The scores are level at 45-45 after Fridays thriller at Brandon, meaning the clash at Wimborne Road will be a winner-takes-all encounter.

The Pirates have announced a change for the second leg with Dakota North, who failed to score at Coventry, being ruled out on compassionate grounds.

Norths father has been seriously injured in an industrial accident in Australia, and Poole have been granted a facility to replace him with Edward Kennett.

North has reportedly been advised to take a week off, which would theoretically make him available for the Final should Poole qualify, with a potential trip to Belle Vue or Swindon coming next Monday.

Bees queried that facility on the basis that it did not appear to be covered by the provisions of regulation 16.5.1 concerning absent riders, but have now been informed a medical certificate is in place.

Coventry promoter Mick Horton said: First and foremost I want to stress that we as a club have great sympathy for Dakota North.

Its awful news for him with his father seriously injured on the other side of the world, and our thoughts go out to him and his family.

But Im very disillusioned with the situation. The accident happened before Friday yet Dakota rode in the first leg, scoring zero, and then our manager Gary Havelock was informed on Saturday night that the change was being made.

We registered an appeal over the Poole team line-up on Sunday morning given their statement that Dakota had been ruled out on compassionate grounds, but we are now told they have a medical certificate for him.

I do have to question whether this would have happened had Dakota scored ten points on Friday. I doubt he would then have been missing on Monday.

When I heard about it I expected to then find out he would be on the plane home to Australia, which I would be telling my rider to do in that situation regardless of the cost, but I see instead he was on the golf course on Sunday with Davey Watt.

Its clear that on current form Edward Kennett is likely to score more than Dakota North around Poole, everyone can see the reaction to this situation on social media and on the forums, and where does it end? This is not just a Coventry issue, its speedway fans in general who cannot understand why this is happening.

We will go to Poole and we will do our very best of course, but I can only apologise to the Coventry fans. I want to stress we have strongly raised the issue, and I would not blame them one bit if they choose not to go - because thats how I feel myself.

Bees have elected to operate the rider-replacement facility for the injured Joonas Kylmakorpi at Wimborne Road.

With guest Freddie Lindgren scoring just three points from the tough No.5 position in the first leg, Bees will now share Kylmakorpis rides amongst the rest of the team and look for big nights from their senior riders, all of whom have ridden well at Poole in the past.

But another major blow to their prospects is the absence of Jason Garrity at reserve, whose ankle is badly swollen following his crash on Friday, so much so that he was unable to have X-rays on Saturday. Garritys Sheffield team-mate Josh Bates will come in as his replacement.

Horton concluded: The boys will still give it their all, and going into this meeting now as big underdogs will spur them on. Bees pride!

• Like 2

I for one applaud North it must've been difficult to come forward and spill out his emotions. And for the disappointing posts regarding the issue from folk on here it's amazing how insensitive you all are ! His father is seriously ill after an accident and some of you are questioning his integrity. If he's not in the right frame of mind he's not putting the other riders at risk and therefore I back his decision 100% ! Good on ya Dak hope you're dad gets well soon.

• Like 2

Well this has been delightful.

100% done with the so called Elite League. What's the point in running a league when you just have Poole Pirates?

Love you Poole, absolutely love you. Love your constant cheating, your constant lies and your constant P taking of paying customers.

This sport has hit rock bottom and I have seriously drifted away in the past two years.

• Like 6

Think the statement sums it up perfectly. We all know we've been cheated but the powers that be just keep turning a blind eye.

Well this has been delightful.

100% done with the so called Elite League. What's the point in running a league when you just have Poole Pirates?

Love you Poole, absolutely love you. Love your constant cheating, your constant lies and your constant P taking of paying customers.

This sport has hit rock bottom and I have seriously drifted away in the past two years.

Bedtime I think. Someone's tired 😩

So why is it wrong for Dak to be on the golf course & is he expected to sit in his house thinking over & over about his father ? No what Watty did is what all good mates do take him out and do something instead of dwelling on it all the time ! Really Mick Horton you're comments a truly amazing if I were you stay away from Poole speedway you are not welcome after you're insensitive comments

• Like 1

This Orion guy What planet is he on how did Garrity get a Doctors note on a Sunday, he could only hobble after the meeting at least we have a genuine reason, sorry Poole have done it again worked the proverbial flanker. I have spent the last two days wondering what they would do yes replaced the only none scorer for Poole on Friday night. I know nothing of Dakotas situation but I feel they have stretched this injury or Doctors note to the full and this is 2015's fiddle by Poole how on earth do the authorities allow them to get away with it only describe it as unblelievable then again it's ghost crazy sport with crazy administrators that allow it.

Is this the best Whoosh ever ?

So why is it wrong for Dak to be on the golf course & is he expected to sit in his house thinking over & over about his father ? No what Watty did is what all good mates do take him out and do something instead of dwelling on it all the time ! Really Mick Horton you're comments a truly amazing if I were you stay away from Poole speedway you are not welcome after you're insensitive comments

No he's expected to go home if it's that bad ...Hortons comments are not amazing at all just common sense .

• Like 1

What I find bizarre is a doctor gives a note for compassion these days. Since when was that a medical illness? I best not tell my work about this because they'll class it as a sick day in future. No issue with North not riding if he doesn't feel upto it but getting a facility just isn't right.

I for one applaud North it must've been difficult to come forward and spill out his emotions. And for the disappointing posts regarding the issue from folk on here it's amazing how insensitive you all are ! His father is seriously ill after an accident and some of you are questioning his integrity. If he's not in the right frame of mind he's not putting the other riders at risk and therefore I back his decision 100% ! Good on ya Dak hope you're dad gets well soon.

If he is that bothered he should be on the first plane down under.After all the good press over the care of Darcy Ward it seems Poole are have quickly reverted back to type.

Funny enough for the first time ever and I don't like the man but I agree with Mick Horton.

*If Dak would have scored 10 on Friday then he wouldn't be missing Monday's 2nd leg

*I expected to then find out that Dak would be on the next plane home to Australia

*Its clear on current form EK is likely to score more than Dak

*I would not blame the Coventry fans for not going to the meeting

At the end of the day....I said straight after Friday's meeting that this would happen....

The BSPA wont stand up to us because British Speedway is nothing without Poole....That's the truth whether you like it or not....Poole Speedway get fans to turn up by signing big name riders (Holder, Hancock, Janowski, Ward and many more)....British Speedway needs Poole more than Poole needs British Speedway.

All I say is this if it was Lakeside/Leicester/Wolves would they get a facility....I doubt it.

Best wishes to Dak's dad....

The only sensible Poole fan here it seems.

• Like 2

Bedtime I think. Someone's tired 😩

Yes, incredibly. Long day. Thanks for stating the obvious. 👍🏼

would be good if Coventry replaced reserve Jason Garrity (Ave 8.07) with Robert Lambert (ave 7.59) or similar. . Then there would be no more complaints about Eddie Kennet.

While commiserating with Dakota North and the plight of his father why did not apply for compassionate grounds when he first heard about his father.His fathers illness just did not happen on Saturday, A 6 points National league rider Poole should be given only