British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

you can put lipstick on a pig , but its still a pig............

"But despite these wise words of wisdom, a young David Cameron would not be deterred". ;)

(Can't believe today's news story! That said, The Sun appear to be keeping it all very low key. You've got more chance of finding last night's Speedway results in it).

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 2

Poole gets a lot of stick, some justified, some not, but I bet every EL team wishes they had the management with the balls of Ford and Middleditch when it comes to making changes and bending the rules to suit.

I'd like to see Belle Vue win the league as they have been whipping boys for a few years now

I for one am glad that Ford and Middlo are nowhere near my club...

Poole have been caught out cheating so many times previously that any utterance from either Ford or Middlo has to be questioned, you'd be an idiot not too do so..

I just want to see competitive and exciting racing, last night provided little of that...

Good luck Belle Vue.. :t:

• Like 7

I can't believe some on here. They ask for a clarifying statement. They get one and they choose not to believe it.

Wherelse and from whom do they expect such a statement to come?

Rod North has had an operation 4 times longer than Darcy Ward's but hey lets not worry that any members of his family or mates might be affected by it!! Jesus some people.

• Like 3

Time to move on. It's all water under the bridge now. As fans we can only hope the powers that be close the door on another loop hole.

Good luck to Poole and Belle Vue in the final. Let's hope both teams are at full strength, the weathers kind and the racings good.

• Like 1

I can't believe some on here. They ask for a clarifying statement. They get one and they choose not to believe it.

Wherelse and from whom do they expect such a statement to come?

Rod North has had an operation 4 times longer than Darcy Ward's but hey lets not worry that any members of his family or mates might be affected by it!! Jesus some people.

The length of an operation is not a guide as to the seriousness of an injury but more the complexity. A complicated hand or foot injury could result in such a time scale.

Re-alignment of bones often to within millimetres to minimize nerve damage, blood supply and skin may be involved.

I am not seeking to minimize Rod's injury, and I wish him well.

Edited by The Monk
  • Like 1

Oh and while we are at it Poole were not cheering for Harris when he fell off (he was overpowered and could have taken Kennett out not that the Coventry fans could see that) but for the brilliant way that Kennett held Harris off..................

You are kidding me right? Funny how they only cheered when Harris fell! I have seen some amazing excuses on here to excuse the bad behaviour of Poole club/riders/fans on the forum, but this one is the best yet. You must be either a) naïve. B) stupid. c) think we are all stupid?

Cheering a fall does not make anyone moronic, stupid etc just because you don't like it

Yes it does. But then again only the stupid morons would fail to see that.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 1

The length of an operation is not a guide as to the seriousness of an injury but more the complexity. A complicated hand or foot injury could result in such a time scale.

Re-alignment of bones often to within millimetres to minimize nerve damage, blood supply and skin may be involved.

Spot on ..I find it odd that the press statement is about the length of time of the operation rather than saying what the operation was .

North or Kennett, we were stuffed either way. Meeting was lost at Brandon with only getting a draw. We should have used spare points months ago and replaced Robbo, or even sorted out the JK situation weeks before. Maybe then we might have finished top and given us a better chance. Too happy to sit on our hands for too long!

• Like 4

I for one am glad that Ford and Middlo are nowhere near my club...

Poole have been caught out cheating so many times previously that any utterance from either Ford or Middlo has to be questioned, you'd be an idiot not too do so..

I just want to see competitive and exciting racing, last night provided little of that...

Good luck Belle Vue.. :t:

But it wasn't Poole's fault. But it's Poole so they get the complaints. Only in Speedway. :nono::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am not seeking to minimize Rod's injury, and I wish him well.

But doing a good job trying to. :lol:

But it wasn't Poole's fault. But it's Poole so they get the complaints. Only in Speedway. :nono::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But doing a good job trying to. :lol:

No, I'm not. I am merely clarifying a point. I would have thought people would be pleased or reassured rather than looking for Bogey men.

No, I'm not. I am merely clarifying a point. I would have thought people would be pleased or reassured rather than looking for Bogey men.

OK, but there are plenty of 'bogey men' on here who would like to believe such rubbish minimising the injuries, to suit their agenda and hatred.

Spot on ..I find it odd that the press statement is about the length of time of the operation rather than saying what the operation was .

Why are people so obsessed with knowing the exact ins and out of the operations /injuries? Morbid fascination?

If the family choose to release further details they will. But in all honesty IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!

Why are people so obsessed with knowing the exact ins and out of the operations /injuries? Morbid fascination?

If the family choose to release further details they will. But in all honesty IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!

Are you the 'Mayor Of Simpleton'.. :t::D

• Like 2

Are you the 'Mayor Of Simpleton'.. :t::D

Lol I like that actually. Ok pretend I am. Why do people need to know those details?

Lol I like that actually. Ok pretend I am. Why do people need to know those details?

The real 'Mayor of Simpleton' has got his eye on you my friend.. :D

Just ask ER.. :t: