British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

If it was down to playing by the rules and fair sportsmanship then Poole wouldn't be champions at heat 15

So Poole won by a rider breaking the rules and illegally gaining 2 points over the opposition and then win the championship by 2 points they illegally got, so how do Poole expect neutrals to congratulate them let alone belle vue fans who were robbed a run off.

Don't think it would have been a run off anyway. Poole riders weren't even trying in heat 15!

No, the BV appeal will do that (change things) if the SCB have any back bone!

Can you not see the SCB messed up by not making a decision before last night?

I agree totally the SCB have cocked this up by not doing anything before the 2nd leg.

My only query is that can they really deduct 2 points if, had the correct procedure been followed, kyle would have been in the rerun, albeit with a handicap. It's a difficult one, but I really can't see a deduction. Maybe a fine for Kyle and a change to the rulebook?

Edited by Rob VDS

How wrong you are, yet again.

There are many, many fans up and down the country who are mentioning it and are disgusted by it.

Yet again, some folk fail to understand how the incompetence of these things does damage to the sport.

All that was required was a statement from the SCB prior to the meeting. Even if they said the result from the 1st leg would not be changed, that would have been it. As it is, they chose to be incompetent and leave the door open for allegations once again.

It's a complete shame as it was a fantastic final and displayed everything that is good about speedway.

Congratulations to Poole on their success. I've really grown to like Magic Janowski and he stepped up to the plate again last night.. however without a doubt the big hero was Kacper Gomolski.. someone who a 'few' Poole fans wanted out some time ago.. 1pt from his first two rides, then came out and won his next two. Those were the rides that effectively won Poole the meeting.

A typical uneducated blind response that so many who have been involved in the sport come out with.

Total lack of understanding, total lack of respect for the speedway fan.

THIS is the kind of attitude that has helped the decline of the sport in this country.

I hear there is a position for a jobsworth traffic warden near you - you should go for it you are perfect for the job! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I Thought is was a great final on two great tracks ...no doubt no praise for sky thou . What impress me most what the desired and Heart that was Showed by Belle Vue, they wanted it so badly unlike Swindon in Semi who looked like they never cared less . As someone said on facebook last night . how good could speedway be if the riders cared ..

Edited by orion
  • Like 3

Let's see what they engrave on the trophy then.

Well that's easy= Cheats 2015.

Seriously though congratulations to both teams, was the best final since 2010.

Well done Poole speedway on your win.

Edited by Game On

Given what transpired yesterday evening, it goes without saying that the 'appeal' will NOT result in two points being deducted. The possibility of Newman overtaking at least one of the opposition will be cited as the reason for not deducting any points.

As others have said, this could, and should have been put to bed prior to the 2nd leg and the fact that it wasn't has tainted an otherwise enthralling final.

Really ?

More like more complaints about BV being cheated, calls a for a rerun, more damage to the sport, less people going now, future is bleak, cheating Poole, don't know what they are doing, etc, etc.

Congrats again to Poole for being worthy winners, and to BV for being very worthy in defeat. A great fillip for them to use in advertising for the new stadium.

Yes really.

Of course a few would have continued to moan and complain but the MAJORITY wouldn't. The issue would have been dealt with in a professional manner.

This way, it hasn't been dealt with at all so damage has been done.

It really is just basic PR. Communication is key!

• Like 1

I agree totally the SCB have cocked this up by not doing anything before the 2nd leg.

My only query is that can they really deduct 2 points if, had the correct procedure been followed, kyle would have been in the rerun, albeit with a handicap. It's a difficult one, but I really can't see a deduction. Maybe a fine for Kyle and a change to the rulebook?

I've been vociferous about gogglegate and your first sentence says what I think, it's a total cock up and ignores the fans as usual, I've never blamed Newman or Poole. They probably will fine Newman, it is after all in the rule book and it should remain so. It is after all a safety issue first and foremost and it's hypercritical for some fans to bang on about making the sport safer but to then say this rule should be ignored.(that's not aimed at you Rob BTW).

That's my lot on the googlegate issue cos I also believe matches should be won on the track not off it.

As I said last night Congratulations to Poole, for once I have no issues with the way they have won this season and they fully deserved it both over the season and in the 2 legs of the final. Well done to Belle Vue also, worthy finalists and runners up.

Don't think it would have been a run off anyway. Poole riders weren't even trying in heat 15!

Nobody knows what would have happened ....

I hear there is a position for a jobsworth traffic warden near you - you should go for it you are perfect for the job! :rolleyes:

You're happy with the sport being run in an unprofessional manner, happy with the ever declining crowds in the sport... I'm not. A simple thing like communication can solve many of the sports woes.

The Grand Final showed just how great this sport can be, so why oh why do the powers that be go out of their way to try and ruin it?

poor thing. It must be awful to realise that the sycophants were right all along. :t:

Seems fair, don't know why Coventry felt they had a right to appeal the Poole league result. Result was called on the night.

Still a little surprised that the 1st leg wasn't amended due to gogglegate and what a finale that would have been.

Surprised no one has mentioned the out of form North in the final? 13 points over 2 legs proved Poole gained nothing by using Kennett.

A Stevebrum classic.. doesn't even remember what he says in the same post.

States that it seems fair as result was called on the night... then next minute he's surprised the 1st leg wasn't amended! :t:

As for North.. he scored 13pts in 9 rides.. Kennet scored 9 in 4.. so back to the drawing board with that claim too.

Think we lost it when Sky showed you kissing Mark's "lucky" £20 note!!!

Haha yes. Heard I was seen doing that.

Actually I had a million tweets and Facebook notifications saying how much my ugly mug was on TV and telling me to cheer up. Haha