British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

First chance to get on here, so would like to say What a great final, contested by two fully committed teams, with a gnats between them after 30 heats, well done Poole who after topping the league were worthy champions, and Belle Vue you had me glued to the drama, what a way to go to your new stadium, the only way is up, Cookie was superb, and in Lemo you've finally got the TM who'll bring you success.

Special mention to Starkey who was great at KL and Magic likewise at WR, what a great guy and captain....... Roll on 2016.

For those doing down speedway - I suspect this is how it was seen by the watching public. Get real.

I told a friend to watch it (she had never seen speedway) and she loved it. It was a great advert for Speedway and only the likes of us are interested in the goggles.

• Like 3

BTW, nobody has seen fit to answer my earlier question as to where in any statement from BV have they said the are/were officially appealing or protesting??

Here's where it says. Someone else did post this link on here earlier, it may not have been in response to your question though.

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1563

However, it does say the SCB are investigating it. Why would they do that? Perhaps it will be like the Poole V Lakeside investigation.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want the title taken off Poole and handed to Belle Vue, that wouldn't feel good. If Poole are punished then a points deduction at the start of next season would seem fair to me.

• Like 1

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Here's where it says. Someone else did post this link on here earlier, it may not have been in response to your question though.

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1563

Exactly!! No official protest or appeal mentioned!!

Why would BV or any team for that matter, say that they will make no further comment? Surely if there was to be some sort of score reversal or anything at all that favoured BV then a comment would surely be forthcoming.

As I've said before, as seen on TV, there was a clear breach of the racing rules, by the SCB officials on the night and the rider. Therefore any retrospective action should be in the form of a rider fine. However as there was no reference to any incident in the Ref's meeting report, I'm not sure what else should or could happen?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Exactly!! No official protest or appeal mentioned!!

Why would BV or any team for that matter, say that they will make no further comment? Surely if there was to be some sort of score reversal or anything at all that favoured BV then a comment would surely be forthcoming.

As I've said before, as seen on TV, there was a clear breach of the racing rules, by the SCB officials on the night and the rider. Therefore any retrospective action should be in the form of a rider fine. However as there was no reference to any incident in the Ref's meeting report, I'm not sure what else should or could happen?!

Just because it doesn't explicitly say 'official protest' doesn't mean that hasn't happened though?.Otherwise why put that statement on the website at all?

I'd say the 'no further comment' bit simply means they have nothing more to say regarding whatever appeal may or may not have been made until they receive a response from the SCB.

Until the SCB issue a statement, none of us knows 100% what decision will be made.

For what it's worth I am not expecting the score to be changed at this stage though.

Just because it doesn't explicitly say 'official protest' doesn't mean that hasn't happened though?.Otherwise why put that statement on the website at all?

I'd say the 'no further comment' bit simply means they have nothing more to say regarding whatever appeal may or may not have been made until they receive a response from the SCB.

Until the SCB issue a statement, none of us knows 100% what decision will be made.

For what it's worth I am not expecting the score to be changed at this stage though.

Conversely, if you'd put in an official protest wouldn't you say so instead of putting it in wishy-washy terms?

Edited by Alan Jones
  • Like 2

Conversely, if you'd put in an official protest wouldn't you say so instead of putting it in wishy-washy terms?

Well I would, but this is a British Speedway club we'e talking about.

I'm just going to wait and see ... but I won't be holding my breath!

Belle Vue management complained about the standard of referee. They was never interested in appealing to get the 2 points back.

• Like 1

Belle Vue management complained about the standard of referee. They was never interested in appealing to get the 2 points back.

That ends that debate then!

Thank you Phil The Ace.

Q.E.D. :t:

Well that confirms that then Phil.