British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Cradley V Brummies Wed 23.9.15 Gold Cup Semi Final

It's strange, he seemed to just catch the fence which I guess would indicate as you say that his footrest caught it - we stand on the entry to the first bend and look straight down the straight at that bend and the amount of times that you could swear a rider is about to clip that fence is amazing (unfortunately a few times this season they have - Mikey, Nathan and now Max have all come a cropper there).

I was amazed that Max jumped up so quickly after the crash, adrenaline I suppose. As you say it could have been a lot worse, hopefully just bumps and bruises and a few days rest should sort it. Thankfully his bike missed everyone else as it bounced across the track

I agree it was strange, as he came out of turn four it did appear something wasn't right. He really hit it hard too. Glad to see the kid get up, but I don't think the medics were too keen on him walking around so soon. Lets hope he is fit for the return, as a brummie fan, he's a good rider to dislike... in a good sporting way of course :)

Again? First time u thrashed us and was never in doubt with all our injuries was it, fair play to ya but winner will only lose to Eastbourne anyway.

I know and that's good as it means we get the trophy. I think Cradley Produced the better match at Arlington than Birmingham the Brum ones have been a bit slow

Might as well present the Sparrows with all the knock-out trophies before the start of the season as with their trick track advantage no one will compete on aggregate.

I shudder to think how Jack P-B will get on at Eastbourne. He was nowhere near the kerb at any point at Perry Barr the other night so gawd help him on an even smaller and oddly shaped track.

Might as well present the Sparrows with all the knock-out trophies before the start of the season as with their trick track advantage no one will compete on aggregate.

I shudder to think how Jack P-B will get on at Eastbourne. He was nowhere near the kerb at any point at Perry Barr the other night so gawd help him on an even smaller and oddly shaped track.

He manages to get around Buxton pretty well so think he will be ok.

• Like 1

Think you find that Jack won the British Youth Round at Eastbourne this year

It's not a trick track!!!! It's an oval made of shale with a white line and starting tapes. Just need to be a bit level headed to ride it because it's so tight compared to bigger tracks!

Sorry it's not an oval, each bend are totally different, Then you have Bob the tractor doctoring the track, Don't you just love the place

Sorry it's not an oval, each bend are totally different, Then you have Bob the tractor doctoring the track, Don't you just love the place

As its my local home track yes a speedway track is a speedway track at the end of the day.

Speedway is not a rich sport and so has to make do with what they have. So as far as size is concerned Easty and Rye and lakeside have do the best they can in the space available. Of course the actual shape of the track is a matter of choice within the confines of the available shape and Easty have chosen to make theirs egg shaped.

This of course confers a greater amount of home track advantage to Eastie than to a fairer track such as for instance Somerset or Birmingham. No point arguing history doesn't lie.

Interestingly one of the Cradley riders (I forget who) was bemoaning the lack of home advantage of Birmingham and implying that this was a contributing factor in them not winning the league. To which I can only reply. This didn't seem to hinder Birmingham!

As for those wanting to award the trophy to Eastbourne I have two thoughts really.

I find this insulting to Cradley. They are not out of it until they are out of it. While it will be difficult it isn't impossible. They have already beaten us once this season by the required amount

I remember a previous Eastbourne team saying they were sure fire winners of a previous cup competition. There opponents at the time were the winners of the league. A team by the name of Birmingham who went on to turn over a 16 point deficit to take the KOC that year.

It ain't over until its over folks.

Should be fun.

Think you find that Jack won the British Youth Round at Eastbourne this year

Well that's good to hear...just hope that he gets the booking then.

Well that's good to hear...just hope that he gets the booking then.

He won't beat Andrews though.... He only beat him at Buxton because Andrews fell while well ahead. And the class is slightly higher at this level so he may not do so well but he was impressive when I saw him at Eastbourne a while back. Might get the better of Dugard if he's going slow again

I do recall 3 time world champion NP saying something along the lines of this in the speedway star nearly a decade ago, 'you have to race tracks like this, this is where you learn. Anybody can hold a throttle with a big set of 'nuts' but it takes a real motorcyclist to use their head and win races. If you can race Eastbourne you can race anytrack' that being the the decisive factor this year many teams can 'ride' Eastbourne but not many can 'race'

It's not a trick track!!!! It's an oval made of shale with a white line and starting tapes. Just need to be a bit level headed to ride it because it's so tight compared to bigger tracks!

Yes I said that