British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Well after this weekends bun fest I would say the league has been weakened.

Bees top 5 will be about 32.5 and then you can only have three riders off a to be compiled list of heat leaders .

Not sure if the heat format is changing or not I am assuming it is.

We could almost have the same 1-7 as this year but its slightly over the 40.5 limit. Depending on who is on this heat leader list of course, I'm worried how that is going to be compiled.

Well after this weekends bun fest I would say the league has been weakened.

Bees top 5 will be about 32.5 and then you can only have three riders off a to be compiled list of heat leaders .

Not sure if the heat format is changing or not I am assuming it is.

The league is slightly stronger. Poole have to lose a point, we have to lose 0.3 of a point, BV a point, Swindon a little over a point, where as if Wolves sign Roynon to replace Blackbird they have a spare 5.5 points! Leicester need to find 7 points work of riders (both could sign a 10 pointer for their 5th rider!), Lakeside are a point short as are Lynn. So on the whole, if all teams build to the limit, the league will gain points, not lose them.

IMO, the limit should have been 42.5 and draft riders sign on their EL averages

If the conversion rate is the same I have it as Newman on 4.10 and Garrity a touch over 5.

this helps poole yet again newman kept his pl average a bit low - 6.86

garritys average is 8.46

What a surprise that it helps Newman & Poole AGAIN😡😡

• Like 2

What a surprise that it helps Newman & Poole AGAIN

But it is a surprise. The mupets are ruining things for their own clubs by giving Poole a head start. It's all well and good us on here claiming Poole cheat, bend, manipulate etc but if other promoters are going to give them a free point for team building, well......

But it is a surprise. The mupets are ruining things for their own clubs by giving Poole a head start. It's all well and good us on here claiming Poole cheat, bend, manipulate etc but if other promoters are going to give them a free point for team building, well......

Totally agree & I blame the promotors who could've voted against it.

They wonder why their crowds are dropping when they put their clubs at such a disadvantage.

At this rate Poole will continue to dominate as they take advantage of the rules with riders like Newman & Brady Kurtz.

The league is slightly stronger. Poole have to lose a point, we have to lose 0.3 of a point, BV a point, Swindon a little over a point, where as if Wolves sign Roynon to replace Blackbird they have a spare 5.5 points! Leicester need to find 7 points work of riders (both could sign a 10 pointer for their 5th rider!), Lakeside are a point short as are Lynn. So on the whole, if all teams build to the limit, the league will gain points, not lose them.

IMO, the limit should have been 42.5 and draft riders sign on their EL averages

where are they going to find ten point riders ?

What a surprise that it helps Newman & Poole AGAIN😡😡

Exactly. He's one of the strongest on the EL tracks yet will be ranked bottom so Poole will get one of the first picks of tier 2 again.

Should get a starting average based on what they do in EL not PL

where are they going to find ten point riders ?

Exactly. There are none. But the point is that the league won't be weaker, the limit allows for plenty of improvement in a couple of teams.

If you bear in mind Kildemand/Ward and Magic are gone too, plenty of points worth of riders need to be found. But try don't exist!

Exactly. There are none. But the point is that the league won't be weaker, the limit allows for plenty of improvement in a couple of teams.

If you bear in mind Kildemand/Ward and Magic are gone too, plenty of points worth of riders need to be found. But try don't exist!

I I agree with a lot of your posts but which ever way you look it's weaker we are nearly at the same level as the PL.On another point on why the fans are walking away a lot of the older generation were brought up on the 60/70/80 speedway top riders you won't get younger fans to come by just tweaking the product I packed up going last year I doubt I will be back
  • Like 2

this helps poole yet again newman kept his pl average a bit low - 6.86

garritys average is 8.46

Ever thought just maybe that Garrity could be slightly better than Newman

About 0.1 difference in their EL averages (7.1 to 7.2) but in the PL conversion Poole gain nearly a point on Coventry. Newman - 4.1 garrity 5.0 (ish for both!)

Edited by alkadera

there el averages - which is the subject league here shows newman slightly higher.......

cannot understand y there using pl conversion

• Like 1

It must be like a scene from blackadder at the AGM I reckon .

Matt ford is blackadder but always wins on these occasions.

The chair is Lord melchett ,the scribe is darling.

The remaining promoters are all clones of lieutenant George.

• Like 1