British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Think Coventry have made the mistake of not starting with Garrity at reserve as they are going to struggle getting close to the limit and could have gone with a good second string to have dropped down once he got a new average but instead they have gone with quite a weak pairing at reserve.

Hans Andersen 6.45 was going to be a bargain next season and no suprise Poole saw that as their prime target and he will take some replacing as a heat leader while Daniel King 6.48 may have finished with a better average but will he be classed as a heat leader or a second string. There won't be many riders over a six average so I would have thought he had to be as he has to be in the top 20 riders in the league.

Harris 7.34, King 6.48, Garrity 5.29, Bates 3.45, Sarjeant 3.12 leaves just under 15 points and think they will get someone like Kasprzak 7.97 or Zengota 7.79 as their last heat leader and then maybe get Josh Grajczonek 6.00, Peter Karlsson 5.51 or Ricky Wells 5.91 in to finish the team a point under the limit.

Great news. Big year for Jason, I hope he's pushing for a heat leader role by mid season.

Always thought he would sign, after all his best mate Bates is in the team.

Does leave us with a big chunk of points left to get to the limit.

• Like 1

Neil, can I put in a request for KK now please?

Can we NOT please!! It's okay for you and the two people who liked your post as you won't be there watching him every week. I will though and the thought of having KK back again is making me feel depressed. That goes for Davey Watt, Lewis Bridger, Troy Batchelor and Kenneth Bjerre as well but I suppose that doesn't leave many other options. :neutral:

Think Coventry have made the mistake of not starting with Garrity at reserve as they are going to struggle getting close to the limit and could have gone with a good second string to have dropped down once he got a new average but instead they have gone with quite a weak pairing at reserve.

Hans Andersen 6.45 was going to be a bargain next season and no suprise Poole saw that as their prime target and he will take some replacing as a heat leader while Daniel King 6.48 may have finished with a better average but will he be classed as a heat leader or a second string. There won't be many riders over a six average so I would have thought he had to be as he has to be in the top 20 riders in the league.

Harris 7.34, King 6.48, Garrity 5.29, Bates 3.45, Sarjeant 3.12 leaves just under 15 points and think they will get someone like Kasprzak 7.97 or Zengota 7.79 as their last heat leader and then maybe get Josh Grajczonek 6.00, Peter Karlsson 5.51 or Ricky Wells 5.91 in to finish the team a point under the limit.

Josh Bates is eligible for a 2 1/2% reduction on his starting average (2015SR 16.2.3.d).

Our line-up so far already contains two double-uppers.

As Jason was not part of the 2016 EDR system, it's no surprise that he won't line up at reserve for us in 2016 - it's certainly not a mistake on our part......

That's good news.

Neil, is King on the heatleader list or will he be a second string?

Danny is a heat-leader for 2016 team-building purposes.

• Like 4

Can we NOT please!! It's okay for you and the two people who liked your post as you won't be there watching him every week. I will though and the thought of having KK back again is making me feel depressed. That goes for Davey Watt, Lewis Bridger, Troy Batchelor and Kenneth Bjerre as well but I suppose that doesn't leave many other options. :neutral:

don't know what average bridger is on; but while a top 5 of kj batch bjerrr watt bridger maybe a supporters nightmare it would also be one ofvthe strongest in the league

don't know what average bridger is on; but while a top 5 of kj batch bjerrr watt bridger maybe a supporters nightmare it would also be one ofvthe strongest in the league

If I assume you mean KK, there's four heat-leaders in that list of 5. The five averages also total more than 34.5.

Great to get Garrity signed up, 15+ left to play with.

Yes happy he has signed but still concerned we will be weak. But let's wait and see the full team first.

• Like 1

If I assume you mean KK, there's four heat-leaders in that list of 5. The five averages also total more than 34.5.

I presume Bridger is the 4th hl, with watt the only one not? And did say I didn't know bridgers average. The other 4 come in at about 28? I assumed Bridger was only about a 6 but must have been wide of the mark

Edit I see Bridger is 7.23. Almost unemployable on that

Great to see Garritty back.

The management have taken a lot of stick over the rumours he was going elsewhere, so it's only right they get a similar amount of praise now he's back

• Like 4

Josh Bates is eligible for a 2 1/2% reduction on his starting average (2015SR 16.2.3.d).

Our line-up so far already contains two double-uppers.

As Jason was not part of the 2016 EDR system, it's no surprise that he won't line up at reserve for us in 2016 - it's certainly not a mistake on our part......

Danny is a heat-leader for 2016 team-building purposes.

Why was he not part of the draft? I think its fair to say after 4 meetings he would have been in the main body of the team meaning he would have been replaced by a second string. Meaning we have a strong reserve at all times. For example Poole have Newman, he could be moved in to the 1-5 and be replaced at reserve by Buczkowski.

• Like 2

I presume Bridger is the 4th hl, with watt the only one not? And did say I didn't know bridgers average. The other 4 come in at about 28? I assumed Bridger was only about a 6 but must have been wide of the mark

Edit I see Bridger is 7.23. Almost unemployable on that

He has already said he's not riding next season. He's spannering for another rider though.

Great to see Garritty back.

The management have taken a lot of stick over the rumours he was going elsewhere, so it's only right they get a similar amount of praise now he's back

Fully agree with these comments.

Jason Garrity = exiting speedway. Just the good news we need on a Friday to start the weekend :)

Dead right - the promotion have got my money now!