British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

What a blow OAP's could have got to college cheaply using their bus passes!!!!

Just go to university. As they'll never have to pay back the fees (as they'll never have a job) it's free. And they get cheaper speedway entry. And they get to keep their brain sharp so they don't end up ageing quickly. I think Coventry Speedway are doing good for OAPs here :P

Yr crowds 1600 , you really are deluded. :rofl: If you get 800 your doing well. Good to alienate pensioners init...

Thats the point you muppet! IF (you do know what if means right?) they get 1,600 fans, only 2 of them statistically will have been to the Falklands or Iraq. So if they get 800 fans then only 1 will have been there. If they get 1200 fans then 1.5 fans will have been - do you know how half a fan will have been to Iraq though? That bit has me confused.

Just go to university. As they'll never have to pay back the fees (as they'll never have a job) it's free. And they get cheaper speedway entry. And they get to keep their brain sharp so they don't end up ageing quickly. I think Coventry Speedway are doing good for OAPs here :P

I applaud their humanity

• Like 1

Thats the point you muppet! IF (you do know what if means right?) they get 1,600 fans, only 2 of them statistically will have been to the Falklands or Iraq. So if they get 800 fans then only 1 will have been there. If they get 1200 fans then 1.5 fans will have been - do you know how half a fan will have been to Iraq though? That bit has me confused.

But many fans who are now at pensionable age and many of them didn't fight in any war, and there are many who cannot afford that rate, do you think its fair on them ? Personally, i think Pensioners should get a bigger consession.

Edited by Starman2006

In the light of the clubs current feeling towards wealthy OAP's , could do worse than persuade Ole Olsen to come out of retirement. He could afford to ride for nothing.

I hear they offered him £14/ point but he's holding out for £16.

Didn't Poole already do this ages ago. Like 7/8 years ago. Not sure how long it lasted though..

All this discussion is very well, but just do as I aim to do and go to Wolves or Swindon instead.

When their gate money drops then maybe they will realize the error of their ways.

Still it will give them an excuse to shut part way through the year, when the terraces are empty especially for the Storm matches.

Didn't Poole already do this ages ago. Like 7/8 years ago. Not sure how long it lasted though..

I think they did but of course many of these fabulously wealthy OAP's retire to that area..

This whole thing of course is based on a rather stupid and sweeping generalisation. I am sure most will be aware of many in each age group who are well off or not so well off.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 3

I think they did but of course many of these fabulously wealthy OAP's retire to that area..

Oh yes, that is true! There was a lot of moaning in the queue though..

depressing watered down league........

when will promoters wake up ,

the need to create the next batch of top stars is ever greater

I think the season ticket price is reasonable esp when you look at the huge price Belle Vue are charging. I will be renewing mine again this year

Any move to encourage the future generations of fans so that this wonderful sport may survive is to be applauded

I've just had notice of my winter fuel allowance - that will cover the withdrawal of concessionary prices for 2016!

But . . . . if there's any move to bring Mr Olsen back to Brandon, then you won't see me there!

Now, if you'd said Mr Guglielmi . . . . .

Wolverhampton keeps cropping up, so let's do a comparison.

Adults are £1 more expensive at Wolves

Concessions will be £4 cheaper at Wolves

13-18 years pay £7 at Wolves, so either £2 or £7 more expensive at Wolves

6-12 years are £1 more expensive at Wolves

It seems to me that it is pretty much impossible not to watch speedway more cheaply at Coventry in 2016 than in 2015 unless you are a solo Senior, and we simply could not offer the extensive benefits to the majority of our fans without impacting on this group to the tune of £3 per meeting.

(Apologies to Wolves for using you as an example)

To put this into perspective, I see that a large Cappuccino at Starbucks costs £2.95....

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 3

I think the Coventry season ticket is reasonable esp when it includes more than just league meetings. It's good to see a Coventry Storm ticket as well.