British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

KK is a good signing. He will certainly let Coventry down in a few matches, but he will win them far more. 3 or 4 bad matches and 24 good ones is a decent ratio.

Coventry looking a good side. If they'd kept Garrity at reserve and were signing 2 decent second-strings they'd be title favourites without knowing the other teams

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 1

Think KK is a signing a lot of elite league clubs will have been wanting. Good move from the Bees. People questioning his reliability and motivation maybe after last season, but no doubting a man thats finished 2nd in the world as recently as 2 years ago has got quality. Could be a risk, but I think it's one that was worth taking. Lack of high class number 1s in this league, but I think KK should be competing with the likes of AJ, Doyle and Holder (presuming he'll probably return to Poole)

On paper KK's an excellent signing for us, in reality it's going to be a bumpy ride following his exploits for us over the season. Maybe some of Bomber and Garrity's determination will rub off on him!

The final signing's an intriguing one with so many points left and no more heat leaders to choose from. Clinging to the hope that Larsen's been missed off 'the list', failing that Thorsell would be great too if he's classed as a second string.

• Like 2

A good number one and I am sure he will put his turmoil of 2015 behind him. A very fast rider and one of the top four in the EL in 2016.

Can't understand why Some Coventry fans are going on about Larsen. Never done anything much and KK is of a far higher calibre.

Looking at the teams so far Coventry seem to be Pooles biggest threat.

• Like 1

So it's KK, but at least that's better than Watt or Batchelor. Must be thankful for small mercies. :lol: I hope he is on a 'paid for points earned' contract and not just for turning up, also that if he starts his games of tootling around at the back for more than one match he is packed off earlier than he was last time.

There was none of this paying at the gate and then getting by ticket ripped by a second line of defence (very needless) at Coventry.

To be fair it's the same at Peterborough, although they've gone to the expense of having proper little machines that punch a hole in the ticket. ;)

I don't see that.

I think Leicester will be Poole's biggest threat in the battle for the wooden spoon.

Coventry will be up at the other end of the table

• Like 6

It looks like one of those teams that could quite easily be as good as it could poor with nothing in between IMO

KK is a liability

when he's not performing in poland he wont be allowed to ride here ....

A good number one and I am sure he will put his turmoil of 2015 behind him. A very fast rider and one of the top four in the EL in 2016.

Can't understand why Some Coventry fans are going on about Larsen. Never done anything much and KK is of a far higher calibre.

? larsen never done much......he outperformed KK in the the hardest league in the world last season

Well i think it's very selfish of Coventry. BV, Leicester and KL are struggling to get a no1 and Coventry supposedly have 2! It's not on ;)

They should be thinking of the whole league not just themselves :D

Does this mean we get Shamek in return?? :D

KK is a good signing imo why the negativity before a single wheel has been turned get behind him.

I don't see that.

I think Leicester will be Poole's biggest threat in the battle for the wooden spoon.

And then you woke up ! :rofl:

Persecution? Don't be ridiculous.

We have had a single-tier admission policy for the Coventry Storm since its inception without any criticism at all, our admissions policy for 2016 simply extends this to the senior team.

I still think conssesions are to high right across the board Neil.

• Like 1

naffer, on 21 Nov 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:naffer, on 21 Nov 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Michelsen would be a good option ,I have a feeling we will be well under the team limit as hinted at in the local paper a couple of times.

Not sure who it could be ,but we can rule out Zengi and Bjerre as long as its not saucepan.

How about trying to get Mads Korneliussen from what I can remember he has a good record around Brandon .

Edited by BANANAMAN