British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Having look closer at what's included this year in the season ticket, it's a shame they don't also have a cheaper option where programmes aren't included. I don't have the programme so that means I will actually be paying £5 more with a season ticket than I would without one unless we make the play offs.

Belle Vue have increased their season tickets from just over £200 to well over £300 but they have based that on 20 meetings.

14 league matches included but what else isn't said and obviously the opening meeting is not included and likely to be about £25 for adults but will have some big names riding. However if the team doesn't make the play offs then you are buying a season ticket to watch six meetings with no importance or details of who will be riding.

If you buy a season ticket for say Man Utd or Aston Villa, yes they are different prices and yes they do lots of cup matches but they sell it on the basis of the 19 league matches so why can't clubs sell season tickets based on the 14 league meetings with a discount on play off meetings if required ?

Out of interest, does anyone know who rode the most meetings as a heat leader out of King and Kylmakorpi? Surely only one of them should be on the heat leader list?

Of the 20 meetings that King ride to get his average, 9 were as a heat leader. 11 were at second string. Joonas rode something like 13 of 20 as a heat leader.

out of interest then SCB, how many of the last 20 meetings did Ricky Wells ride as a heat leader but he is classed as a second string

KK's signing could go either of two ways. Inspired or rubbish. He had a few really hard GP crashes in 2014 and maybe they left a mark for 2015.

As far as I am aware Buzz is not on the heatleader list of 24, but until we see the list who knows. I don't remember Matt ever saying he will start as a heatleader. Let's just see who Coventry sign as their last rider!! People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones!

When Buzz last rode here it was in a heat leader role - which is how he got his average (in a stronger league than now). There is no way on this earth that anyone can justify him not being a HL!!

• Like 1

When Buzz last rode here it was in a heat leader role - which is how he got his average (in a stronger league than now). There is no way on this earth that anyone can justify him not being a HL!!

I think the only people that can't see that are Poole fans. The same with Hans who has ride at Number 1 for years. One bad season doesn't make him a second string

How? Coventry have been honest and said King is in the heatleader list.

Please don't tarnish all teams with Pooles low morals

We shall see. I'm intrigued who your final 2nd string will be with an average over 7.

Edited by Rob VDS

We shall see. I'm intrigued who your final 2nd string will be with an average over 7.

Just because we have up to 7pts left, that doesn't mean that we will be able to get a rider up to that.

If Like Buzz, it is a rider who had ridden in the World Cup and is flying abroad and yet still not on the heatleader list then I will say the same.

Buzz (6.48) is not on the HL list because he didn't ride in 2015 and is not classed as a 'new' rider and assessed at 6.50.

However I understand that Buzz will line-up in one of Poole's 3 heat leader positions, with Hans as a 2nd string because aside from how his average was attained - Hans finished as a 2nd string. By the same token Davey Watt will be on the HL list as he ended as a heat leader (and imo will be one of Poole's final 2 along with Holder.)

Danny King (6.48) also finished as a Bees heat leader despite how his final average was attained and has been re-employed on that basis.

Finally good luck to KK - I'm really enjoying the comments and general support from many Bees fans!! Hee hee.

Edited by Skidder1

Buzz (6.48) is not on the HL list because he didn't ride in 2015 and is not classed as a 'new' rider and assessed at 6.50.

However I understand that Buzz will line-up in one of Poole's 3 heat leader positions, with Hans as a 2nd string because aside from how his average was attained - Hans finished as a 2nd string. By the same token Davey Watt will be on the HL list as he ended as a heat leader (and imo will be one of Poole's final 2 along with Holder.)

Danny King (6.48) also finished as a Bees heat leader despite how his final average was attained and has been re-employed on that basis.

Finally good luck to KK - I'm really enjoying the comments and general support from many Bees fans!! Hee hee.

More manipulation of the rules!! Rory Schlein didn't ride much of last year is on a lower average than Buzz and will be on the HL list (even coming back from a very bad injury) which is what everyone expects. Shamek Pawlicki should also be on the HL list with a similar average! Why is it Poole always try and manipulate things to their advantage ??

Will wait and see who the last rider is (assuming Holder is a done deal) and if it is another HL then Poole will be CHEATS!

• Like 1

More manipulation of the rules!! Rory Schlein didn't ride much of last year is on a lower average than Buzz and will be on the HL list (even coming back from a very bad injury) which is what everyone expects. Shamek Pawlicki should also be on the HL list with a similar average! Why is it Poole always try and manipulate things to their advantage ??

Will wait and see who the last rider is (assuming Holder is a done deal) and if it is another HL then Poole will be CHEATS!

You don't know what criteria they are using for the list! Skidder was saying Watt heatleader and Hans second string, where as SCB would say they should be other way round. However doesn't make much difference if both at Poole does it?

I don't know why they even using a list. Just agree a sensible limit and build to it.

Poole will always manipulate the rules and I'm only surprised at how many posters are shocked at this.

• Like 2

We can all put forward arguments as to why a certain rider should or shouldn't be on a HL list - but my understanding is that the BSPA list was only based on riders who rode in 2015 PLUS any new foreign riders that would be assessed at 6.50

(Did I not read originally that it was a list of only 24 riders - or did I imagine that?)

If Shamek (on 6.75 I think) chooses to return then he is of HL standard but not on the official list so anyone could in theory do a deal with him. His riding position will be determined by the order of the 1-5 averages in the respective team. Unless of course there is a new rule that allows clubs to place their 1-5 in whichever riding order they like - with an appropriate race format of course??!

Nobody is cheating or manipulating - or if you still believe they are I should wait to see Swindon's confirmed 1-5 and riding order.........!!

Not cheating at all...................every team has every opportunity to sign any riders within the rules as they stand............at the moment no one really knows what the criteria is for the so called heat leader list............though I can see why some people think certain riders should be on the list and others should not..............Who says Rory is on the heat leader list.................everyone is making assumptions as to who is and who is not without it ever being released...................

If a rider did not ride in 2015 such as Buzz, Mads etc why should they be on the heat leader list other than if their averages were taken as at the end of the previous season of racing and they were higher than what they could have been at the end of 2015.....................

Its not Poole manipulating anything at all.................its other teams not using the rules to their best advantage................

RP