British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Great news that Brandon with host the Elite League riders championship in October this year. This will likely be the last meeting ever at Brandon Stadium

The ELRC is nothing but a pain in the bum IMO!! Feel sorry for anyone staging it, if it's not the weather being a problem, then it's riders dropping out.

• Like 2

ELRC should be run at the start of the season, not when MOST are going away for the winter, or the general I cant be assed anymore.

• Like 2

ELRC should be run at the start of the season, not when MOST are going away for the winter, or the general I cant be assed anymore.

Sorry don`t agree ! It should be run at the end of the season as it used to be in the good old Belle Vue days...In my opinion those were the BEST days of the League Riders Championship. Who wants to see a League Riders purely used as a warm up and testing of machinery meeting ? Edited by dornier
  • Like 2

Sorry don`t agree ! It should be run at the end of the season as it used to be in the good old Belle Vue days...In my opinion those were the BEST days of the League Riders Championship. Who wants to see a League Riders purely used as a warm up and testing of machinery meeting ?

The ELRC has become a pointless meeting, would anyone miss it these days ? It used to be one of the biggest meetings of the domestic season with the atmosphere of a mini World Final, but not anymore...

• Like 3

The ELRC has become a pointless meeting, would anyone miss it these days ? It used to be one of the biggest meetings of the domestic season with the atmosphere of a mini World Final, but not anymore...

The League riders needs to be returned to its original stature at the end of the season competed for by the top riders from each team and given a prize worth competing for AND it should return to its spiritual home in Manchester. In its current form the league riders should be scrapped its not worth tuppence..

The ELRC needs Elite riders, not a pot pourri of seven point contestants, its not I feel a fitting tribute to Coventry upon its demise , but then again I cant think what would be.

Edited by hrhbig

With very few GP boys this year perhaps our riders will be glad of the extra meeting (pay day) and hopefully pleased to represent their club and fans in this meeting, ya never know 😉 And fingers crossed that we all go to support our reps too .....

Did you not see what sort of balls up Coventry did at the start of last season with the ELRC?

Did you not see what sort of balls up Coventry did at the start of last season with the ELRC?

Track has been very good since changes were made to those doing it

• Like 4

Blimey! If I made that journey I'd want to stay for a week to make it worthwhile. :lol: Mind you I've a friend who is an Edinburgh fan who travelled down to Leicester for the PL match and then drove back again afterwards. :shock:

Edited by Gemini

If you are going to come on here criticising get it right - it was 2014 at Brandon. It was at Leicester last year! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If you are going to come on here criticising get it right - it was 2014 at Brandon. It was at Leicester last year! :rolleyes:

The Polish taxi driver doing the track prep 😂. Luckily we now have a decent curator and the track was decent pretty much all year.

• Like 4

Probably the beginning of Sandhu's attempts to piss everyone off by not allowing the promotion to choose their own track curator. :rolleyes: