British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

After reading tonight's program were not going to make a change.

Horton said the pole could be back next week, can't see that happening

Bringing the pole back isn't the answer, harsh but he needs to go and so does King

Where are they, and who are they????

These season saving riders?

Poland? Sweden? Denmark? Australia? USA? Slovenia?

We could do with one or two, but where and who are they??

After the wolves meeting on 9th, we should have even more points free to use as averages will go down even more. Hopefully then Zengota or Sundstrom will be an option

Where are they, and who are they????

These season saving riders?

Poland? Sweden? Denmark? Australia? USA? Slovenia?

We could do with one or two, but where and who are they??

we are not interested in season saving riders more face saving riders! season already gone, no point pretending, king couldnt win a reserve race at the moment

That's madness! I like Kacper but even if he hadn't been injured, changes would have been needed. We are made up of too many reserve like riders & only 2 heatleaders. Away from home we are dreadful but not much better at Brandon.

Woryna should have been our number 8

You are wrong with that last sentence - Woryna should have been Poole's number 8!!! :D:D

we are not interested in season saving riders more face saving riders! season already gone, no point pretending, king couldnt win a reserve race at the moment

The local rag ought to talk to King about what's wrong ......

I am amazed Mick does not feel the team needs to strengthened! going to be a long season at Brandon if not.

Apparently he doesn't know what the answer is.

I am amazed Mick does not feel the team needs to strengthened! going to be a long season at Brandon if not.

Quite the opposite actually. It's going to be a very short season!

• Like 1

He's a confidence rider whos not a heat leader. Combined the two and it's a disaster.

The local rag should talk to the promotion and ask why they were hiding away all night.

Horton not knowing what the answer is for changes or not isn't the only one. Every club is in the same position. As the season progresses there will be more rider's getting banged up and possible replacements just not interested. It's got to the point with the EL that even the none Worldy rider's from Poland, Sweden & Denmark are saying no to British Speedway. So it's clear as mud, our league is sh!+ but the BSPA / promoters just ain't having it.

Some fans are deluded too thinking chucking in changes willynilly is easy, it quite clearly isn't.

I can't stand Horton, any of the Horton's. Quite simple maths with that surname: Horton+Speedway=CompletAndUtterDisaster but on this occasion he's right. Rider's quite simply are not there to choose.

The EL is in a none repairable state, 2017+ looks horrendous. More so in the respect that Coventry don't look as though they'll be around

• Like 2

He was watching through the window

In other words hiding again

I'll tell you how, it's because they are bloody clueless!

They built a dreadful team in 2013, that lead to us having first pick of the draft reserves in 2014 and being able to choose Garrity.

Garrity at reserve has then been the reason why we've been competitive in the last couple of seasons, now that lucky break has gone the management are being found out again.

I've said it before but anyone with a reasonable amount of speedway knowledge could tell that this side looked bad, Woryna is a lad with potential but nowhere near the rider we need right now, Jamrog was an absolute joke of a signing. They signed a good rider in MJJ then sacked him just before the play offs and replaced him with Ben Barker!

We had an NL rider as a guest reserve recently, all they are interested in is doing everything on the cheap. No pride in the club or desire to win whatsoever.

Now we have a chance to make changes and they are doing nothing.

The worst thing about tonight was Swindon weren't even very good, but they still managed to batter us on our home track!

Totally agreed, how they didnt learn from having a strong reserve over the last 2 seasons is beyond me. I would have thought that Horton would have at least discussed the team building with Havvy, actually if he did, and they still ended up with this team then we really have no hope. The worst of it is, they signed Jamrog last year, then were able to rectify that issue with signing JK, this year they let JK slip away and sign another unheard of Pole...

Saying that, I have just remembered this quote, I do recall SCB ( I think) previously mentioning this but it shows how the team building went wrong when you consider this quote.

“What impressed me about Danny last season was the way he learnt the track quickly in terms of the dirt on the outside.

“I never thought we’d see that from him, I knew he was a racer but I didn’t think he’d be trying the ‘Bomber’ line - but he certainly did, and to good effect!"

Thats akin to suggesting Bomber is lightening out of the starts!

Edited by Sir Jasper