British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Josh Bates misses a few meetings early season, not looked further ahead. Surely we could ride at Swindon and Kings Lynn when Sheffield dont have a home meeting.

Josh rode 21 meetings so missed 7.

12 home, 9 away.

Josh Bates misses a few meetings early season, not looked further ahead. Surely we could ride at Swindon and Kings Lynn when Sheffield dont have a home meeting.

Only set to miss 3 meetings early on. (Swindon away and king's Lynn home & away) No clashes after that.

Anybody heard anything as to what Kacper's average will be?

Edited by mdmc82

Only set to miss 3 meetings early on. (Swindon away and king's Lynn home & away) No clashes after that.

Anybody heard anything as to what Kacper's average will be?

Didn't look beyond that, good that he wont miss any more.

• Like 1

Apart from the possibility of riding at Leicester next year, is there any real news regards the future of Coventry Speedway

Apart from the possibility of riding at Leicester next year, is there any real news regards the future of Coventry Speedway

Nope, was supposed to hear something by Christmas but that got delayed till the new year.

There is nothing to tell, we will be fed a line, there will be an initial uproar when it comes to closing and then everything will drift away quietly.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is this

Why the haste to shut down Brandon after this season when there is no planning application placed with rugby BC?

• Like 3

To allow it to fall into a state of disrepair, much easier then to get planning permission.

read somewhere the greyhounds are now finished at Brandon , so looks like no backing from the greyhound folk

• Like 1

read somewhere the greyhounds are now finished at Brandon , so looks like no backing from the greyhound folk

The greyhounds shut down regularly, they did this time last year too. We need some firm news from the owners.

What I don't understand is this

Why the haste to shut down Brandon after this season when there is no planning application placed with rugby BC?

To be honest I wouldnt be surprised if we were at Brandon next season but as I said above we need some news asap.

The only positive so far is that Rugby Council have confirmed talks have taken place for a new site.

Edited by woz01

To allow it to fall into a state of disrepair, much easier then to get planning permission.

But that does not make much business sense from Sandhu if planning consent rumbles on for several years of potential lost rent. He strikes me as a guy who wants the stadium rent on Friday and money from the land sell off on the following Monday.

Once outline planning is permitted there is plenty of time to evict motor sports for vacant posession.

Still wait and see I suppose , positive news on a new site would be most welcome

Up the bees.

It is almost February, tell them to get a move on! You lot have a lot more patience than me.

It is almost February, tell them to get a move on! You lot have a lot more patience than me.

Agree, some firm news would be nice.