British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Listen on radio Coventry & Warwickshire about site for new stadium, Jeremy Heaver states that a site has been found and an 'ECO' stadium to be built! :t:

• Like 2

Great news if it all comes off - do you reckon we can get it built before Swindon's new stadium?!! ;)

A smaller, purpose built stadium will have lots of benefits, not least the fact that the overheads for the stadium should be much lower making it more viable for the smaller crowds at meetings these days.

• Like 1

Just listened to it and Jeremy Heaver sounds quite positive. Only 6 houses within a mile of the site and wants it eco friendly, solar panels, reuse water LED lights etc. He wants us fans to soon write to Rugby Council to show that it's wanted by both Coventry and Rugby locals. Both councils have both been involved. Plans have also already been drawn up.

I really hope this happens. But having watched speedway since I was 11, i know not to believe anything until it is phyiscally being built. Hope you can get a lot of people behind it so there is a demand for it to happen. Poole vs Coventry meetings are the first ones I look for on the fixture list so have my fingers crossed for you.

• Like 4

I really hope this happens. But having watched speedway since I was 11, i know not to believe anything until it is phyiscally being built. Hope you can get a lot of people behind it so there is a demand for it to happen. Poole vs Coventry meetings are the first ones I look for on the fixture list so have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Lisa.

Do you come up to Brandon when Poole are riding against Coventry? If so, can you give Matt Ford a lift? ;)

• Like 1

Telegraph reveals a bit more. The land is owned by Coventry City Council but its under Rugby Council jurisdiction and they understand the land is between Binley Woods and Tollbar island. Horton also thinks that if the deal is done within 6 months they can get a track down and have temporary stand(s)so we can race in Coventry next season. Im assuming thats while the build other parts of the stadium which might not be possible to do?

• Like 1

40,000???? When was that then?

The capacity was 40,000 and many on hear will confirm that the BLRC had many meetings when the stadium was ram jam full.

/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Vue_Aces

Listen on radio Coventry & Warwickshire about site for new stadium, Jeremy Heaver states that a site has been found and an 'ECO' stadium to be built! :t:

you have missed out the maybes and if's , I see Sandhu is no longer keeping to his promise to see the bees in a new home, theres a surprise . I hope Steve Rees has deep pockets ,because I cant see mick horton being able to finance it

Surely it has nothing to do with Speedway/Stox cars not being suitable at Brandon anymore, and everything to do with Sandhu wanting his housing dream to come to fruition.

I don't think that has ever been in dispute has it?

• Like 1

The question I have is how will it be financed. Sandhu? Cov and Rugby Council? private investor?

• Like 1