British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Midland Red, on 12 Feb 2016 - 4:26 PM, said:

Who said nothing's been done until now?

Plenty has gone on behind the scenes, as shown by this latest news release

There will be two groups GROUP A - will be the ones the " it will never happen ,were doomed " negative mentality & GROUP B - Will be the ones who look on the bright side & see it as a new beginning & are full of positivity .its called human nature I think , so pick a camp & put up yer tent Bees fans ..& you know what one of them will be right !!

• Like 1

There will be two groups GROUP A - will be the ones the " it will never happen ,were doomed " negative mentality & GROUP B - Will be the ones who look on the bright side & see it as a new beginning & are full of positivity .its called human nature I think , so pick a camp & put up yer tent Bees fans ..& you know what one of them will be right !!

I don't think group A is being negative, more realistic tbh! You need physical evidence ie. Builders, bricks etc before you should believe them Imo.

Who said nothing's been done until now?

Plenty has gone on behind the scenes, as shown by this latest news release

Oh yes, it's only taken two years to find some land that's a five minute drive from the current stadium. Then perhaps another two years for planing approval then another two to get it built.

I thought I read some where that Sandu had bought it himself and formed a new company with his family ?

Yes. Would be interesting to know who does own the stadium now.

Wasn't one of Sandhu's partners being chased by HMRC for considerable amounts of money?

Rumour at the time was that Sandhu had set up a new company and "sold" the stadium to himself to stop HMRC getting hold of it..

• Like 1

I hope that this will all turn out the way we all hope. However, events at Reading and now Swindon mean I will believe it when I see it.

I thought I read some where that Sandu had bought it himself and formed a new company with his family ?

According to the Telegraph Investin Brandon Limited are the company. Sandhu isnt listed in that company, never has been and none of his family either.

• Like 1

I think it is understandable to react to this news with a dose of cynicism due to the other tracks that have withered away.

Planning consent is obviously a complicated matter and the "local need "requirement does seem potty when we have been evicted from Brandon at the end of the season. But these rules are in place to protect all of us from inappropriate developments .

I am remaining positive ,as before I thought we were just going to fade away,I am sure a lot of preparotry work with the planning application has been done reading Jeremy heavers statement.

Lets hope for a positive outcome but remember the realists maxim," Talk is cheap stadiums cost money"

Up the bees

I think it is understandable to react to this news with a dose of cynicism due to the other tracks that have withered away.

Planning consent is obviously a complicated matter and the "local need "requirement does seem potty when we have been evicted from Brandon at the end of the season. But these rules are in place to protect all of us from inappropriate developments .

I am remaining positive ,as before I thought we were just going to fade away,I am sure a lot of preparotry work with the planning application has been done reading Jeremy heavers statement.

Lets hope for a positive outcome but remember the realists maxim," Talk is cheap stadiums cost money"

Up the bees

Assuming the track/stadia get the go ahead, would it be such a chore to ride at Leicester for part of the 2017 season? Better than not riding, and just waiting for the stadium?

I think if people could see progress in the proposed Eco stadium, a year at Leicester could be entertained.

If it drags on beyond that then I could see it being more difficult to maintain the support.

18 months from now to sort out the planning minefield and then 9 months to build a stadium an optimistic timetable but could be done if there is a will to achieve it.

Dealing with three local authorities is not ideal though .

Up the bees

Assuming the track/stadia get the go ahead, would it be such a chore to ride at Leicester for part of the 2017 season? Better than not riding, and just waiting for the stadium?

Horton seems to have the impression of getting a track down and put a temporary stand or two up while they work on other areas of the stadium. Me personally id rather they take there time and get it right and if that means going to Leicester for half or a full season then so be it.

Edited by woz01

Horton seems to have the impression of getting a track down and put a temporary stand or two up while they work on other areas of the stadium. Me personally id rather they take there time and get it right and if that means going to Leicester for half or a full season then so be it.

And listening to jeremy heavers interview ,with the things they are having to do to be eco friendly putting up temporary stands would not be meeting the green requirements .

Wolverhampton gets my choice !!

Garrity, king and Harris go very well there.

Unless the digging at Leicester has suddenly made it an ok track.

Digging?? We're not growing riders, although that would be handy....!!

Re-shaping work, which apart from moving the kerbs, adjusting the rake of the banking etc. It also means completely renewing the drains!!!! So its a bit more than a bit of digging.

• Like 2

Yes. Would be interesting to know who does own the stadium now.

Wasn't one of Sandhu's partners being chased by HMRC for considerable amounts of money?

Rumour at the time was that Sandhu had set up a new company and "sold" the stadium to himself to stop HMRC getting hold of it..

Sandhu had the pay HMRC the money the partner he swore he didnt have owed , and with that became the sole owner ,and confrimed Liar

Cant imagine Wolverhampton is an option , ladbrokes chucked cradley out for a year because they only wanted speedway 1 night a week , so unlkely to go for 3 nights a week , geographically B.ham is nearest

Track share will not work just ask the Cradley promotion

Works fine sharing with Wolves