British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Well it is Horton..

TBF I've always found Mick Horton alright to talk to. He's not my promoter so maybe I don't have the frustrations that Cov fans have but I don't think he is as bad as he's painted and there are quite a few that are worse. I think sometimes it's a case of give a dog a bad name.

• Like 1

TBF I've always found Mick Horton alright to talk to. He's not my promoter so maybe I don't have the frustrations that Cov fans have but I don't think he is as bad as he's painted and there are quite a few that are worse. I think sometimes it's a case of give a dog a bad name.

Mick has a habit of telling people what they want to hear. But equally has a terrible habit of doing stupid/bad things that he then has to fix.

I'm sure he always means well but just gets it wrong too often.

I agree with him on concession price though. PROVIDED he is promoting the student price to the students of Coventry.

Well it is Horton..

So????

And sometimes it's a case of mixing him up with his brother Colin.

• Like 1

Mick has a habit of telling people what they want to hear. But equally has a terrible habit of doing stupid/bad things that he then has to fix.

I'm sure he always means well but just gets it wrong too often.

I agree with him on concession price though. PROVIDED he is promoting the student price to the students of Coventry.

They forgot to mention students were a fiver for the Storm yesterday until I pointed it out to them. The next press release did the add the student price.

I've never seen so many 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 year old students all going through the student turnstile with their newley purchased student cards.

It,s very generous of Mick to offer this concession and I can assure him it's appreciated.

• Like 1

I've never seen so many 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 year old students all going through the student turnstile with their newley purchased student cards.

It,s very generous of Mick to offer this concession and I can assure him it's appreciated.

Was Gem at the front as I heard she has signed up for pole dancing lessons at her local college?

Edited by A ORLOV

Was Gem at the front as I heard she has signed up for pole dancing lessons at her local college?

Ha Ha. I'll sign up for 'Synchronized Mobility Scooter' lessons if there is one. :lol:

• Like 2

OAPs have been 'traditionally' given a concession at all manner of things. It is beginning to become obvious that the state would like nothing better than to end the Old Age Pension. Others will, and have in this case,take the opportunity to jump on the bandwagon. It looks like I was born 10 years too late :sad:

Don't want to go 'off topic' but it is not just OAP's though is it? Certain generations have missed out on numerous 'benefits'. When our children were born, we lost out on funded nursery places, then we had to help our kids pay Uni tuition fees, I am 60 this year and apparently I wont a bus pass till I am 67. Don't actually have a problem with this as clearly the government does not have the money to fund all these things.

• Like 1

Don't want to go 'off topic' but it is not just OAP's though is it? Certain generations have missed out on numerous 'benefits'. When our children were born, we lost out on funded nursery places, then we had to help our kids pay Uni tuition fees, I am 60 this year and apparently I wont a bus pass till I am 67. Don't actually have a problem with this as clearly the government does not have the money to fund all these things.

Brilliant, I love how it's the parents that lose out because their kids had to pay uni fees. Truly brilliant. So not an issue for the kid who has the debt but the parent. Marvellous. You're right, lets forget about the young who have the debt and feel sorry for their parents, my heart bleeds!

The poor under 30's, my heart bleeds not.

More money than sense.

• Like 1

I wonder what sort of reception (and how many points) Hans will get when guesting for KK at Blunsdon on Thursday?!!

Edited by Skidder1