British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

It's going to be hard to improve the line up as the weakest part of the team is at reserve and not starting with Garrity or Someone like Howarth attached reserve will cost them all season.

How can you improve on Bates and Sarjeant now is the problem and sadly the one that will have to pay the price of the mistake will most likely be Woryna who can be replaced by a 6 point rider like Michelsen

Don't think it will matter due to the poor quality of the reserves. Unless they can be replaced its going to be a long hard very disappointing season even if Garrity and Woryna improve because two of the top three KK and King are extremely inconsistent. Poor Poor team building. Almost as if little or no thought went into it which could be backed up by the fact we were the first I believe to announce the complete line up so it can hardly be argued that there were no choices available. Garrity in main team is a monumental mistake of epic proportions and I believe the main cause of the problems building the team.

Edited by Had

garrity was a big error, but why did they sign woryna they had more points to play with....something not right somewhere

garrity was a big error, but why did they sign woryna they had more points to play with....something not right somewhere

I don't think anyone has got really close to the points limit. Maybe BV have? Most teams are about 0.40 to 0.80 under. Hate to think how much under the limit Leicester are!

I don't think you can just blame Horton and Watson a certain Mr Harris had input as well according to what he said in the star and other articles

poole are .07 thats 39.93 out of 40

the others are not so close

chris harris doesnt pick the team, he can only give an opinion

Edited by heathen chemistry

40.5 is the limit

heathen chemistry, on 04 Apr 2016 - 5:30 PM, said:

Poole had the foresight to get the best two reserves , perhaps they had a hunch about the points limit & team make up early on regarding heat leader lists etc .. Its proven the leagues top teams are the ones with the best 6-7 ... Newman & Garrity although not singlehandedly had a Massive bearing on the success of these two teams since the Fast Track farce started ..

• Like 1

Can Jason revert to being in the EDR draft? That might solve some problems for us if he and other promotors agreed. It seems some EDR riders have been added since the rules were set out.

Can Jason revert to being in the EDR draft? That might solve some problems for us if he and other promotors agreed. It seems some EDR riders have been added since the rules were set out.

Only if you want Coventry to cheat.

You can't suddenly be added when you are already racing at a higher level.

This was Jason's choice to move up and Coventry decided to use him and not let anyone else use him.

If you have the team build wrong from the start of the season that's the fault of the promotion.

The issue Coventry will have all season long is having 2 weak draft riders and using protection for Sarjeant is the bigger issue.

No team will win the league with weak reserves and that's where you're problem mostly is.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to improve the reserves, not should there be.

• Like 1

I don't think you can just blame Horton and Watson a certain Mr Harris had input as well according to what he said in the star and other articles

What's the lad done wrong then?

I think he has been good value to watch and you can see he will improve. He was never going to come in and score 7,8's and 9's in the few meetings he has done. He is going to many places for the first time and around Brandon he has looked ok and unlike others doesn't look like he is going to fall off the bike every bend. I think somebody needs to have a word about over celebrating a second or third place though ... Ha ha.

• Like 1

What's the lad done wrong then?

I think he has been good value to watch and you can see he will improve. He was never going to come in and score 7,8's and 9's in the few meetings he has done. He is going to many places for the first time and around Brandon he has looked ok and unlike others doesn't look like he is going to fall off the bike every bend. I think somebody needs to have a word about over celebrating a second or third place though ... Ha ha.

where did I mention Woryna I actually think they should keep him also I never said Harris picked the team as another poster has infered I said by his own admission he had some input

did I say he picked it no he said he had input

holy moly - just read the latest on the "official" bees site of the student admission policy being withdrawn due to it being "abused".

Horton and Watson - you so so desperate and obviously on a different planet. You need bums on seats big time - so a student coming in for say 5 quid less than the the normal 17 quid rate men's you get 12 pounds of income, plus the potential of a programme sale, bag of crisps, maybe a pie and if you lucky, a glass of Coke. Now, master or miss student are gonna give you a miss - especially with the rubbishe you putting on show at present.

I fifty plus, and the student policy means bugger all to me. Come on guys, get a life !

My edit - for rubbishe please read. S H I T and E. - anything less does not emphasise how bad things are.

Edited by markyb
  • Like 2