British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Pointless worrying about it, we know who will win it anyway.

We just don't know who the lucky team that gets to lose in the final is yet.

I'd rather fold now and demolish the stadium with my bare hands than sign Bjerre. Would rather watch a Storm rider wobbling around but putting the effort in.

• Like 2

All I can say is that I would have been disappointed if Hans Andersen had been in the team next year 'false' average or not. He really was dire this year and his poor form really messed up the balance of our team.

The fact is, there are few false averages. Hans is a 6-7 point rider now. At least at Coventry he is. He's been on the slide since he first left Coventry at the end of 2008 when he was a genuine world-class heatleader. A move to another club might rejuvenate him (I suspect it won't) but if all Coventry were going to get was more of the same then, to be honest, it's a case of 'Close the door on your way out, Hans'.

The only 2 of last year's team I would definitely want back are Harris and Garrity. Otherwise, we need to shake the whole team up. I'd like to see Doyle if he wants away from Leicester. Suspect he's earmarked for elsewhere though. I'd certainly be happy to see Larsen back. He's on 6.57 I believe, which is only 0.12 higher than Andersen and certainly at Brandon I think would be worth more to the team in terms of points that Hans was this year. To be honest, assuming we retain Bomber and Jason, he'd be the first name on my shopping list.

Doyle and Larsen, remember we shop at Aldi not Waitrose

• Like 1

Doyle and Larsen, remember we shop at Aldi not Waitrose

So does 6 of the other teams.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 3

I do think team managers should be allowed to chose whether their number 1 rides at 1, 3 or 5 like they used to be able to.

They can!

So Hansi off to the Pirates then - who'd have thought? At least the Bees fans can continue their love fest with him :wink:

A little shocked Poole signed him, thought they would go down a new foreigner route.

A little shocked Poole signed him, thought they would go down a new foreigner route.

So did I esp after Hans had such a bad season. There is no guarantee that he will be any better next season.

Was probably keeping his average down this year, his form has dipped over the last few seasons but I'm sure he'll ride better down at Poole!

• Like 3

So did I esp after Hans had such a bad season. There is no guarantee that he will be any better next season.

I guarantee he will be better

Think Swindon will have a good side this season.

Better than us for sure

We should be looking at signing Michelsen as a 2nd string. An absolute bargain at 5.67.

• Like 3

So Hansi off to the Pirates then - who'd have thought?

Err Uncle Matt halfway through last season at a guess. :o:mad:

• Like 3

Of course he will.

Was pretty obvious Hans was dropping his average, especially at home

Thats why I cant understand he got so much grief....