British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

I would like to think we will look at various options rather than just replace Hans and stick with the remaining four that finished the season.

Linus Sundstrom or Kenni Larsen would be possibles for me but not sure if they want to do the UK.

Michelsen was flying in Sweden last year but would he commit for a full season?

Anders Thomsen would come on a bargain average and scored well for Peterborough late on and he would have the advantage of a spell at reserve after a few matches if Jason scores well.

Up the Bees.

• Like 1

I would like to think we will look at various options rather than just replace Hans and stick with the remaining four that finished the season.

Linus Sundstrom or Kenni Larsen would be possibles for me but not sure if they want to do the UK.

Michelsen was flying in Sweden last year but would he commit for a full season?

Anders Thomsen would come on a bargain average and scored well for Peterborough late on and he would have the advantage of a spell at reserve after a few matches if Jason scores well.

Up the Bees.

Thomsen seems like an excellent shout. Low average with tonnes of improvement especially with a spell as reserve.

• Like 1

Better than us for sure

So it's October and the season has barely finished but you already know that Swindon will have a better team than Coventry next year. Gawd we do have some miserable fans but not many thank goodness. :lol: Perhaps you'll cheer up a bit in 2017 when the track has gone.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

So it's October and the season has barely finished but you already know that Swindon will have a better team than Coventry next year. Gawd we do have some miserable fans but not many thank goodness. :lol: Perhaps you'll cheer up a bit in 2017 when the track has gone.

Just stating my opinion, as they have a promotion who are proactive in that area where signing riders are concerned.

Just stating my opinion, as they have a promotion who are proactive in that area where signing riders are concerned.

Swindon were not proactive building their team last winter. If they were they wouldn't have struggled to find a number 1 and would have a draft rider as an asset so their not so weak in that position.

Walasek? Did well at Coventry last year. Especially if he's not on the heatleader list.

Staying at Leicester i reckon.

Did you not see that Swindon signed Miedzinski last season & we're going nowhere before Darcy signed & after his injury.

Well said.

Think fans should wait until each team is announced

Its the same every year. Doom and gloom before a signing is even made.

Did you not see that Swindon signed Miedzinski last season & we're going nowhere before Darcy signed & after his injury.

Don't forget we signed JAMROG

Personally, I'd be doing everything I could to sign Anders Thomsen. Comes in on less than 4 but is every bit as good as the likes of Summers, Lawson, Josh Graj.. so is a bargain. It then means if you go with Harris, Jason and Sarj as well you have 21 left for 3 more riders so you could look at someone like Doyle without having to worry about taking up points as you've saved on Thomsen. You then have about 12 left for 2 more riders, Barker and King? Barker and Joonas possibly fits too.

Personally, I'd be doing everything I could to sign Anders Thomsen. Comes in on less than 4 but is every bit as good as the likes of Summers, Lawson, Josh Graj.. so is a bargain. It then means if you go with Harris, Jason and Sarj as well you have 21 left for 3 more riders so you could look at someone like Doyle without having to worry about taking up points as you've saved on Thomsen. You then have about 12 left for 2 more riders, Barker and King? Barker and Joonas possibly fits too.

Sounds pretty good to me! What Barkers average?

Sounds pretty good to me! What Barkers average?

About 4.7 converted from his PL average

About 4.7 converted from his PL average

Do we really want to be going back with the likes of Barker??

• Like 2

doesnt matter who the riders are , you only win the league when you get riders who improve there average....

thats the reason poo are there , they get riders in on fake low averages ...

all the other teams need to do likewise

• Like 1