British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

But what is Mick's version of silly money? Could be quite acceptable to other promoters.

But what is Mick's version of silly money? Could be quite acceptable to other promoters.

More than a fiver will be silly money to Mick

And again, it's that obsession with "gives 100%", how about this? You go into heat 15, needing to win it. You can your 8 point man who only ever gives 50% or you can put in your 4 point man who always gives 100% who are you going to pick? Nobody sane will pick the lesser rider who gives his all when you could put in the better guy who can be even better if he puts his mind to it.

Coventry have a few rider who give it their all but it's not working is it? They need points, not effort.

Calm down. I wasn't talking about comparisons with an 8 point rider. I was simply making a point that MPT is one of those riders who is enjoyable to watch and reliable in the sense that you know he will always give his all. Every team needs 4/5 point riders and I would always choose one who always gives his best. I wasn't suggesting he is the answer to Coventry's problem just making a general comment in relation to the posts above mine.

it come from david rowe, he said bjerre was asking for sayfutdinov's calibre of wage , if true no promoter would pay that for bjerre

• Like 1

it come from david rowe, he said bjerre was asking for sayfutdinov's calibre of wage , if true no promoter would pay that for bjerre

TBF he's a 7.5 man on a 5.8 average, he can demand what he likes as at some point in the season someone will pay it as he'll make some ones second strings stupidly strong!

If it gets to August and he fits as a replace for Worrall for example, BV could sign him and then they'd be all out favourites to win the league

Why he's even being mentioned is beyond belief given his showings over the last few seasons. Second string form at best as I recall and always has been a look down at at the engine merchant if riding rubbishe...!!!!

• Like 1

I know today's meeting was I Germany but Smolinski's performance was good value. May be worth a punt and can't be as expensive as Bottler Bjerre

• Like 1

I know today's meeting was I Germany but Smolinski's performance was good value. May be worth a punt and can't be as expensive as Bottler Bjerre

Think he said he'd be happy to come back when he was at Brandon earlier in the season.

• Like 1

TBF he's a 7.5 man on a 5.8 average, he can demand what he likes as at some point in the season someone will pay it as he'll make some ones second strings stupidly strong!

If it gets to August and he fits as a replace for Worrall for example, BV could sign him and then they'd be all out favourites to win the league

i dont consider him to be a 7.5 rider anymore,

Think he said he'd be happy to come back when he was at Brandon earlier in the season.

Anything has to be better than what we have now.

• Like 2

Anything has to be better than what we have now.

I think he'd do a job. Is he riding for any clubs in Poland or Sweden?

Why not give Davey Watt a reprieve, I am sure he would like to prove lots of people very wrong at 3, might come over at a reasonable price too? If Woryna is still unfit, drop King to second string, better than we have now and better than further RR , perhaps worth a try for a few matches?

Why not give Davey Watt a reprieve, I am sure he would like to prove lots of people very wrong at 3, might come over at a reasonable price too? If Woryna is still unfit, drop King to second string, better than we have now and better than further RR , perhaps worth a try for a few matches?

Reasonable price??! :D lol

Huge shout out to the management for not giving us something to look forward to on Monday! Let's just face it - we aren't getting any new riders. This is the team for the rest of the season and for the end of Coventry Bees. It's sad but I guess we just have to roll with it now.

• Like 1

Huge shout out to the management for not giving us something to look forward to on Monday! Let's just face it - we aren't getting any new riders. This is the team for the rest of the season and for the end of Coventry Bees. It's sad but I guess we just have to roll with it now.

Sorry to say it, but that is a total defeatist attitude, If thats how you and many other Coventry fans feel then you will go to the wall. Again you all need to make your feelings known to your promotion. Even a club share is better than no speedway at all, and no matter who that is with, you'l still have speedway.