British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Looking likely more supporters will be lost to the sport then in 2016 - Those team line ups look awful.

Should have bitten the bullet and had two leagues, and EL / PL combined with a NL league for young brits.

With a 40.5 limit and one of your reserves being limited to 3 (due to the draft) and the other reserve being 5 at most you have 8 teams needed to find 34 points worth of rides. There are NOT that many points worth of riders available. Wolves and Leicester could do nothing last season so why is anyone going to be able to do to now? The teams with a bit of money will sign up to 40.5 leaving a few teams 2 or 3 points below the limit and possibly with Zengota and/Summers on inflated averages.

The points limit is too high. I said so last year, I was right. This year it's the same and there are less riders. It's madness!

I disagree with your sums. In 2015 the limit was 40.5 with 2 EDRs totalling an assessed 6.50, leaving 34 for the 1-5

In 2016, if 2 EDR's total 7.5 to 8 points (using the converted PL averages) then that will only leave around 32.5 to 33 for the 1-5 which is less than last year.

Incidentally, where has it been said that the Tier 2 reserve will only be 3 points?

Add up all the riders who ended last season in a 1-7, divide by 8 (8 teams) and then replace Magic, Zagar and Kildemand with 5 point men. You get get about 38.5.

What you have to remember is the average team will get about 42 over all. But the BSPA have decided to then remove 4 points by making draft riders between 3 and 5 rather that 4 and 7 by using PL averages.

The tier two riders will be 3 because the BSPA have already announced they'll come in on converted PL averages. PL 5 equates to 3, only Starke and Bates are higher than that and it's not impossible Starke could be a tier 1 rider!

Last year I was told I was went, I was a doom monger etc. Well Wolves finished on 27 and Leicester on about 29. That's 7 and 5 points under the limit. That's not good for anyone!

Edited by SCB

I agree we should have been more proactive replacing Robson and we went for the safe option who by then was out of form.

Not so damning with replacing joonas as most riders did not want to come over for the scrag end of the season that or Mick was offering peanuts.

Back to 2016 team if rumours are correct then are looking like,

Bomber

Jason

Bjerre

Joonas or Danny

?

Barker reserve

3.00 draft ,hopefully roller.

Mikkel Bech ? I don't think he will be back at Lakeside next year.

That will be good enough for Eighth place.

No chance. Despite my previous protestations re: signing Bjerre, a team consisting of:

1. King

2. Bjerre

3. Kylmakorpi

4. Garrity

5. Harris

6. Barker

7. Sarjeant (AN Other)

would absolutely walk to the Playoff Semis. In fact that team looks so good, I doubt it's even under the points limit?

No chance. Despite my previous protestations re: signing Bjerre, a team consisting of:

1. King

2. Bjerre

3. Kylmakorpi

4. Garrity

5. Harris

6. Barker

7. Sarjeant (AN Other)

would absolutely walk to the Playoff Semis. In fact that team looks so good, I doubt it's even under the points limit?

Could there be the potential of 4 heat leader's there??

Edited by Game On

1. King

2. Bjerre

3. Kylmakorpi

4. Garrity

5. Harris

6. Barker

7. Sarjeant (AN Other)

At a guess that side is well inside the limit. The likes of Bjerre have to be a consideration, his average is very attractive. Edited by woz01

1. King

2. Bjerre

3. Kylmakorpi

4. Garrity

5. Harris

6. Barker

7. Sarjeant (AN Other)

that team is crap would finish bottom three Imo
  • Like 3

Add up all the riders who ended last season in a 1-7, divide by 8 (8 teams) and then replace Magic, Zagar and Kildemand with 5 point men. You get get about 38.5.

What you have to remember is the average team will get about 42 over all. But the BSPA have decided to then remove 4 points by making draft riders between 3 and 5 rather that 4 and 7 by using PL averages.

The tier two riders will be 3 because the BSPA have already announced they'll come in on converted PL averages. PL 5 equates to 3, only Starke and Bates are higher than that and it's not impossible Starke could be a tier 1 rider!

Last year I was told I was went, I was a doom monger etc. Well Wolves finished on 27 and Leicester on about 29. That's 7 and 5 points under the limit. That's not good for anyone!

But why replace Magic, Zagar and Kildemand with 5 point men simply to make your argument, when it is just as likely that KK, Lindback, 1xPawlicki, even Miedzinski, Korneliusen, Michelsen, B.Pedersen plus the as yet unknown foreign 6.50 riders could be coming into the list?!

1. King

2. Bjerre

3. Kylmakorpi

4. Garrity

5. Harris

6. Barker

7. Sarjeant (AN Other)

Is this Ben Barker in which case what on earth is he doing as an FTR rider, 28 ish and already ridden in the EL, what a joke.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 5

that team is crap would finish bottom three Imo

We're not entering it into the Swedish Elitserien though.

Who, apart from Poole who we know have already won it, do you think will look any better? Think of realistic signings.

• Like 1

1. King

2. Bjerre

3. Kylmakorpi

4. Garrity

5. Harris

6. Barker

7. Sarjeant (AN Other)

King at 1 - I've seen it all now!

• Like 1

King at 1 - I've seen it all now!

But Bjerre at two, who would likely swap places with him after the first set of averages.

Put Bomber at 1 if you prefer.