British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Didn't Garrity state that he wouldn't be on the EDR list?!

Yes he did.

Am so amazed by the negativity already. To me, Sarj and Bates offer a great facility at reserve and it's a hats off to both Mr Horton and Watson for this achievement (I have been the worlds worse for critism of Mick and Neil previously)

Ok Jason becomes a 1 to 5 rider, but would rather have him riding for Coventry than any other team. The lad has massive potential and now has a chance to ride against 1 to 5 riders in each of his races. (Reminds me so much of Gary Gugliemi and remember how good he became when he had a chance to shine !) imo Garrity is the showman that British speedway needs - along though too with Kyle Newman, who both provide entertainment, spirit and effort that I hope real British speedway supporter appreciate and will continue to do so.

happy days

Am so amazed by the negativity already. To me, Sarj and Bates offer a great facility at reserve and it's a hats off to both Mr Horton and Watson for this achievement (I have been the worlds worse for critism of Mick and Neil previously)

Ok Jason becomes a 1 to 5 rider, but would rather have him riding for Coventry than any other team. The lad has massive potential and now has a chance to ride against 1 to 5 riders in each of his races. (Reminds me so much of Gary Gugliemi and remember how good he became when he had a chance to shine !) imo Garrity is the showman that British speedway needs - along though too with Kyle Newman, who both provide entertainment, spirit and effort that I hope real British speedway supporter appreciate and will continue to do so.

happy days

That's because Coventry will be pants at reserve all season. Looks like no thought was put into this imo..

• Like 3

happy days

bates has improved massively , has fast kit , hes determined to win races , the boy is going places

Watched him a lot at Sheff this year & in 2nd half of season he was absolutely flying round there so he may surprise a few of u Cov fans on a big home track.

Am so amazed by the negativity already.

We protected a tier one rider that no one would have picked anyway, when we could have protected Barker and then, most likely, still have picked up Sarj or Bates in round 2.

It's all well and good having an up and coming pairing that will be cannon fodder all year, but when you're shutting down at the end of the year, what's the point?

• Like 1

happy days

Yet Newman will still be at reserve for Poole.

He wouldn't be if the fans had there way. He would be in the top 5.

He wouldn't be if the fans had there way. He would be in the top 5.

But the promotion know they're onto a good thing with Kyle at reserve & that's what counts.

Hark, if i cock an ear to the north west i can hear the sound of SCB snapping twigs from Poole ... :rofl:

But the promotion know they're onto a good thing with Kyle at reserve & that's what counts.

Definately. But nobody has said he'l be at reserve yet...

Edited by Starman2006

Through choice and when he moves up a good rider moves down

We protected a tier one rider that no one would have picked anyway, when we could have protected Barker and then, most likely, still have picked up Sarj or Bates in round 2.

It's all well and good having an up and coming pairing that will be cannon fodder all year, but when you're shutting down at the end of the year, what's the point?

Is Barker even in the draft?

happy days

Because we're a club without a future that has just sign two riders for the bloody future!

Through choice and when he moves up a good rider moves down

A foreign rider no doubt & other clubs will also do the same.

So much for the draft reserve system being designed to help British riders & stop high scoring foreign reserves.