British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

What you need is a good marketing team.Look what has been achieved by the marketing team at Glasgow crowds i would say are double last years

Coventry have done some good marketing in recent times. I doubt any other clubs have had adverts in cinemas before a film starts for example. They could do more but the link up with Wasps will probably help with that next season. Coventry crowds stand up against anyone and even more so with the amount of sports clubs in the city.

Coventry have done some good marketing in recent times. I doubt any other clubs have had adverts in cinemas before a film starts for example. They could do more but the link up with Wasps will probably help with that next season. Coventry crowds stand up against anyone and even more so with the amount of sports clubs in the city.

But have they advertised on the barrier that lets you out of a multi storey car park? 😉

But have they advertised on the barrier that lets you out of a multi storey car park? 😉

They have advertised in papers, used stands at events and formed partnerships with other sports in Coventry (Wasps this year, Blaze last year)

They also had a advert at the cinema on the big screen before the movie which was great to see.

But couldn't get a piece of paper typed up, to stick at the entrance indicating the terms & conditions of entry for a Storm double header.

Very professional, spend money on attracting new customers, then p*ss them off by" exploiting" them when the advertised meeting is curtailed & all the money stayed in the promoters pocket. ;)

Game over going back to my rocking chair to watch my recording of POOLE V coventry

2010? I love that one too.

.......Dave Jones...... But couldn't get a piece of paper typed up, to stick at the entrance indicating the terms & conditions of entry for a Storm double header.

Very professional, spend money on attracting new customers, then p*ss them off by" exploiting" them when the advertised meeting is curtailed & all the money stayed in the promoters pocket.

Must have been rolling in it with that crowd of about 188.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

2010? I love that one too.

Probably deleted that recording by now!

Doesn't alter the principle though.

Maybe but they'd already lost 188 £5's on the admission price as it should have been £10 for each match. Just seems a bit petty to me expecting a refund on heats 9-15 when the weather intervened,especially as the promoters have probably lost thousands on Storm matches this year.

Maybe but they'd already lost 188 £5's on the admission price as it should have been £10 for each match. Just seems a bit petty to me expecting a refund on heats 9-15 when the weather intervened,especially as the promoters have probably lost thousands on Storm matches this year.

But that is not the issue, the promoters take the risk not the fans.. That's what business is all about.

Neither is it about the actual value of the lost races, it's about doing the right thing by the fans , regardless of whether there were 188 or 1880.

As I stated previously it's all about principles, plus a small dose of integrity.

Okay we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm rolling in it with my £68.30p pension per week so it doesn't bother me either way. :)

see the sidecars are at brandon again soon

wouldnt it be a good idea to have a couple of demo races in the interval at ht 10 in future meetings , would give extra value and might attract some new fans

This discussion as to next years throws a major spotlight on the BSPA decision making process. We are now coming to the end of the 2nd year meaning some like Garrity should be looking to progress into the main body of team, which I suppose is the intended aim.

Say he didnt want to progress, and we offered him more money money to stay at reserve, that potentially gives us an advantage and crucially for the sport of the whole clogs up reserve spaces not allowing others the opportunity to have a go at it and hopefully progress their careers.

What is the plan of the BSPA, Should we limit riders to a 2 year max stint as a 1st grade draft rider, ideally we should be looking to introduce Garrity into the main body of the team and Sarge becomes a 1st grade draft rider, leaving us to select a new 2nd grade drat rider.

if any draft is run properly there wont be the chance for you to consider such manipulation.

No PL number 1 should be in the draft in its current form.

I despair that fans continue to think its 'clever' thinking of ways to shaft everyone else.

Edit - though I have quoted your post the above is not aimed at you sir j. From the tone of your post overall it looks like you have the right intentions.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Ummmmmm you have obviously forgotten he has been riding for Glasgow this year then..................

RP

thanks, I don't look at the pl so unaware of the above.

I think Leicester and Poole should form a super league . and the rest of the current elite league , should continue at a slightly lower level , take in a couple of premier league clubs and run a squad system Oh and the league to be run by an independent body

Edited by speedibee