British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

You mean it has taken you this long to realise Horton's knowledge of the sport is flawed! Ask a Panther fan what their thoughts are on the guy! When he left the showground i expect you could hear the cheers from the A1!

I don't think we need anything explaining to us about our promoter. :D

I am eagerly awaiting the day that we can give him a similar send off from Coventry.

Solid signing. Wonder if he's a heat leader or not as he is one of the ones that could go either way.

Solid signing. Wonder if he's a heat leader or not as he is one of the ones that could go either way.

If Hans is on the list does that mean King isn't? And vice-versa.

If Hans is on the list does that mean King isn't? And vice-versa.

I think Hans did more meetings as heatleader so Hans would be on it ahead of King but wouldn't be surprised with both being on it.

The new heat signing is a big one for Coventry. Will make or break them. Beginning to think there might be issues with the return of Garrity.

Same guy who was telling us Bomber was on his way to the Aces , wind up merchant.!! :D

He was set for the aces, soon as Coventry decided to keep him then we had no chance of getting him.

The statement was bull as well. Saying they have been in constant contact regarding team matters yet bomber only last week said he had no contact with Coventry.

Coventry are in for cook. So he might go Coventry. Wouldn't surprise me.

If we sign Garrity that would leave us with 15.2 to play with. A lot of points for two more riders.

Larsen

Garrity

Cook

King

Harris

Sarjeant

Bates

Only put Cook in to humour Phil The Ace, dont believe in a million years he'll be wearing Bees kevlars in 2016.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

He was set for the aces, soon as Coventry decided to keep him then we had no chance of getting him.

The statement was bull as well. Saying they have been in constant contact regarding team matters yet bomber only last week said he had no contact with Coventry.

MH would have to persuade Edinburgh to loan him out then, as a full transfer (as indicated by Harkess) would never happen.

MH would have to persuade Edinburgh to loan him out then, as a full transfer (as indicated by Harkess) would never happen.

Just agree to buy him. Sign a deal with him. Refuse to buy him. What are they going to do? Take you to court? Any judge would piss himself laughing!

Just agree to buy him. Sign a deal with him. Refuse to buy him. What are they going to do? Take you to court? Any judge would piss himself laughing!

Depends on a persons attitude towards morals I would imagine.

But then again, it has happened before, and is probably one of the reasons the sport has very little credibility.

Depends on a persons attitude towards morals I would imagine.

But then again, it has happened before, and is probably one of the reasons the sport has very little credibility.

Why buy a rider in this day and age he will ride for who ever he wants to
  • Like 1

So Coventry look like heading this way

Harris

Cook

Zengota

King

Another

?????????

Would love that team but can't see it happening as imagine Cook will be at Belle Vue Edited by mdmc82

Why buy a rider in this day and age he will ride for who ever he wants to

Not quite the same issue as agreeing to a deal for a rider ,and then reneging though is it.

If asked then Harris would go to Coventry ahead of Belle Vue esp with his testimonial there as well.

I would think Cook will stay with you esp with the new stadium

Glad that King's back for next season, blew hot and cold a bit this year but on his day can beat pretty much anyone in the EL. Importantly in my opinion, he is one of the good guys of British Speedway too. I remember the Lakeside 'B' meeting at Brandon I think it was, when the riders did the post match parade, a few riders walked up and down the home straight grandstand (I think one rider didn't didn't join in at all), a few went a short way around turn 1 to greet the fans, Danny King went above and beyond the call of duty and went all the way round to the back straight (even though there were hardly any fans left when he go there!), top man.

• Like 2