British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

King has to be a heat leader or it makes a mockery of having a heat leader list.

Having a Heat leader list is a mockery.

How can anyone name 24 riders as heatleaders before any one has been signed.? What happens when a rider, not on the list (foreign ex.) signs for a team. ? does that mean the list is altered ? What happens to someone on the list who cant get a place as a heat leader? ... Do we tell him to sod-off ?

Why did we ditch the 7 point plan? I know the CMA are laughable but everyone knew the rules and Team Managers could work around them. This way, the heatleader list could change every day, and teams already on the boil could prove too have too many Heat leaders.

The secrecy of the list highlights what is so desperately wrong with our sport. Making complicated secret rules, just shows contempt to those remaining fans there are left. .

• Like 5

Neil, is King on the heatleader list or will he be a second string?

You won't get an answer on that one.

• Like 2

You won't get an answer on that one.

I hope the goalposts are the type that are on wheels, because I bet they are being moved all over the place right now. :D

theres very few riders in this league you can actually rely on for automatic points..kk without the gp, may just be the kick up the backside, its only one season since he was flying high

the'kick up the backside' as you call it would of been last season when he reportedly lost his team place in his polish team , add to that his very bad points scored in the gp

but both of these had no effect ....he was poor all season

Having a Heat leader list is a mockery.

How can anyone name 24 riders as heatleaders before any one has been signed.? What happens when a rider, not on the list (foreign ex.) signs for a team. ? does that mean the list is altered ? What happens to someone on the list who cant get a place as a heat leader? ... Do we tell him to sod-off ?

Why did we ditch the 7 point plan? I know the CMA are laughable but everyone knew the rules and Team Managers could work around them. This way, the heatleader list could change every day, and teams already on the boil could prove too have too many Heat leaders.

The secrecy of the list highlights what is so desperately wrong with our sport. Making complicated secret rules, just shows contempt to those remaining fans there are left. .

However the promotions know the list so they at least we assume know what they are doing.

But the secrecy of the list is baffling.

• Like 1

obvious clause from poole to the other promoters to keep it in house

so us fans dont get the knowledge that poole decided the rules :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown:

A rider not mentioned by any EL teams fans as far as I can tell. Simon Stead? Not my idea of a great signing but there worse signings could be made too.

A rider not mentioned by any EL teams fans as far as I can tell. Simon Stead? Not my idea of a great signing but there worse signings could be made too.

Himself mentioned him to me earlier...I'd happily see him back as a Bee!

• Like 4

Me too. Always liked Simon and it would make up for the disappointment of not having Joonas in the team next season.

Me too. Always liked Simon and it would make up for the disappointment of not having Joonas in the team next season.

not a great team is it

Harris

King

Garrity hopefully

Stead

Another

Sarj

Batts

Edited by kingbee

not a great team is it

Harris

King

Garrity hopefully

Stead

Another

Sarj

Batts

3 d/u in that team assuming steady rides in the PL again

I'd forgot on about Steady too. Assuming he is riding following a long lay off I'd have thought BV would have been his choice?

Any ideas on his average? Surely not in the heat leader list lol

I wouldn't mind seeing Simon back at Swindon..

Have no idea what his current EL average is though

Coventry pick average riders every year and then wonder why they always get humped by Poole...

Humped? Sounds a bit dodgy to me! Can we say thumped instead?!