British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Morrissey Fan, on 18 Nov 2015 - 6:28 PM, said:

Coventry pick average riders every year and then wonder why they always get humped by Poole...

When you starting the seasonal " you ought to sign MJJ " Trollop this year ? Or are you trying to find Dak a club ?

• Like 3

Coventry pick average riders every year and then wonder why they always get humped by Poole...

You don't get to be at the top of the league for most of the season and then finish in 2nd place by having 'average riders.' I think we'd have done very well against Poole if Garrity and Kylmakorpi hadn't got injured. Just bad luck it happened at the crucial part of the season.

not a great team is it

Harris

King

Garrity hopefully

Stead

Another

Sarj

Batts

Depends who the 'Another' is. :wink:

• Like 2

You don't get to be at the top of the league for most of the season and then finish in 2nd place by having 'average riders.'

I think Coventry did though. If it wasn't for Garrity, Bees possibly wouldn't have been in the playoffs. Although I have to say that King raised his game for the play-offs.

As it was they deserved second because the average riders gelled as a team.

What happened to Cameron Woodward?

I know this is probably not the place to ask, but was he not named in the Coventry side last year before he was injured ?

sure his injury was not too serious, but have not heard of him since, did he retire?

What happened to Cameron Woodward?

I know this is probably not the place to ask, but was he not named in the Coventry side last year before he was injured ?

sure his injury was not too serious, but have not heard of him since, did he retire?

The injury has not yet fully healed and he will not be fit to ride this year.

There was an article about him in the SS a couple of weeks ago ,the bone he broke is apparently one of the hardest to heal .

• Like 1

There was an article about him in the SS a couple of weeks ago ,the bone he broke is apparently one of the hardest to heal .

Thanks for the update

so he is unavailable for 2016 as well? wow that's a long time out

I wouldn't mind seeing Simon back at Swindon..

Have no idea what his current EL average is though

I think the article suggested that Cam's broken leg was not healing properly and he is unexpectedly having a further operation, so 2016 looks an impossibility.

I think the article suggested that Cam's broken leg was not healing properly and he is unexpectedly having a further operation, so 2016 looks an impossibility.

Some on here won't except that statement and will want a full and detailed doctor's report !!

• Like 3

Some on here won't except that statement and will want a full and detailed doctor's report !!

Only if it affects the outcomes of speedway meetings!! :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Only if it affects the outcomes of speedway meetings!! :rolleyes:

too right..... you'd think they'd bring in a rule to stop that sort of thing happening again, but no ..........nothing to stop poole doing it again next season

too right..... you'd think they'd bring in a rule to stop that sort of thing happening again, but no ..........nothing to stop poole doing it again next season

I think you're missing the point here. Good ole Matt Ford has highlighted a way for managers and Promoters to legalise the non appearance of riders when accompanied by a Doctors certificate... :wink:

My My what big airbags you have?? Full of the usual bull$#!t fumes!! :nono::icon_smile_clown:

I think you're missing the point here. Good ole Matt Ford has highlighted a way for managers and Promoters to legalise the non appearance of riders when accompanied by a Doctors certificate... :wink:

Matt Ford is certainly way out in front of most promoters in many things - but certainly not the first to supply a doctor's certificate (as required by the rules) in support of a rider's absence!! :icon_smile_clown::drink:

• Like 1

'accept' is the word you are looking for!