British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

That's why they have been penalised I guess :angry:

They are NOT being penalised. They used to get a concession, now they're treated the same as everyone else. The people who were penalised were the people who have always paid adult price and never got a concession. Oh yay for being 25, can't afford to buy a house, can't afford to go to speedway. But if you're an OAP you own your home, got on multiple holidays a year AND get cheap speedway.

Why is everything in this country aimed at giving OAPs a cheap or free ride?! Let them pay the same as everyone else.

Well, it will affect me but I'm not complaining as it makes more sense to give a discount to students rather than OAP's who on the whole don't do too badly these days. £3 a week extra is not a lot to find. (I can save that for Speedway by doing the 'ASDA Price Guarantee' after my weekly shop.) However, I just hope the promoters will be a bit more understanding to those who don't want to also buy a programme that's gone up in price and list the teams in the proper order rather than alphabetical. :mad: Storm admission increased is a bit of a worry though as that will hardly encourage more fans to attend. :neutral:

They are NOT being penalised. They used to get a concession, now they're treated the same as everyone else. The people who were penalised were the people who have always paid adult price and never got a concession. Oh yay for being 25, can't afford to buy a house, can't afford to go to speedway. But if you're an OAP you own your home, got on multiple holidays a year AND get cheap speedway.

Why is everything in this country aimed at giving OAPs a cheap or free ride?! Let them pay the same as everyone else.

And when you take your young relative to brandon will you be insisting that you pay £17 for her entrance fee? :D

• Like 1

Well, it will affect me but I'm not complaining as it makes more sense to give a discount to students rather than OAP's who on the whole don't do too badly these days. £3 a week extra is not a lot to find. (I can save that for Speedway by doing the 'ASDA Price Guarantee' after my weekly shop.) However, I just hope the promoters will be a bit more understanding to those who don't want to also buy a programme that's gone up in price and list the teams in the proper order rather than alphabetical. :mad: Storm admission increased is a bit of a worry though as that will hardly encourage more fans to attend. :neutral:

Now they are doing a Storm and joint season ticket crowds could increase, I may invest in a storm one.

You'l be an OAP eventually.. But with all that lolly you have in the bank you'l be fine, won't you !! :rofl:

• Like 2

GARRITY SIGNED & a price REDUCTION on adult admission fee !! Surely Bees fans can stop moaning now ?

Thought the price "reduction" might cause a bit of a flutter, but if it's good enough for Gemini it's good enough for me!

I guess it's good business sense - at a rough guess we of more mature years make up about 75% of the crowd ;) , the takings will be up overall. Hope they spend it on a real No 1.

• Like 1

In this current climate, any initiative that encourages a certain section of fans to stay away is a bit stupid really.

• Like 1

Thought the price "reduction" might cause a bit of a flutter, but if it's good enough for Gemini it's good enough for me!

I guess it's good business sense - at a rough guess we of more mature years make up about 75% of the crowd ;) , the takings will be up overall. Hope they spend it on a real No 1.

Horton has to raise the 2million somehow

In this current climate, any initiative that encourages a certain section of fans to stay away is a bit stupid really.

It's not encouraging anyone to stay away. It's not like Horton is charging anyone more, he's charging them the same!

Children (11-15) had a £2 increase last season didnt see them coming on here moaning about the injustice 😂.

As for the team I believe Larsen and Zengota fits.

Edited by woz01

It's not encouraging anyone to stay away. It's not like Horton is charging anyone more, he's charging them the same!

Arithmetic was different when I was at school - £16 used to be more than £14.

You might say that some OAP's have earned the right to have a discount.

However best alienate the main hardcore of most clubs supporters.

• Like 3

Arithmetic was different when I was at school - £16 used to be more than £14.

OAP = £16

Adult = £16

16-16 = 0. Thats the same :lol:

You might say that some OAP's have earned the right to have a discount.

However best alienate the main hardcore of most clubs supporters.

How "might" they have earned the right? Is this the mythical, they have been going to speedway for 40 years? Well an adult may have been going for 60 years but still have to pay full prices yet an OAP could rock up in March having never been to speedway before and at most tracks get in for less. Hardly fair.

Also, do BMW and Asda give OAPs a discount because they "might" have been buying their products for years?

The OAP discount come about because OAPs used to have a lower disposable income than any other groups in society (beside children who often get a childs price), they no longer do. The group that now has the lowest disposable income is the under 35. Over 65s income is actually increasing all the time. They no longer need the discount.

You'l be an OAP eventually.. But with all that lolly you have in the bank you'l be fine, won't you !! :rofl:

Wrong way of looking at it. Keep screwing over the young and one day there will be more of them and they'll screw over the OAPs. Make it fair now and they won't feel like they've been screwed over and won't feel the need to "get back"

OAP = £16

Adult = £16

16-16 = 0. Thats the same :lol:

How "might" they have earned the right? Is this the mythical, they have been going to speedway for 40 years? Well an adult may have been going for 60 years but still have to pay full prices yet an OAP could rock up in March having never been to speedway before and at most tracks get in for less. Hardly fair.

Also, do BMW and Asda give OAPs a discount because they "might" have been buying their products for years?

The OAP discount come about because OAPs used to have a lower disposable income than any other groups in society (beside children who often get a childs price), they no longer do. The group that now has the lowest disposable income is the under 35. Over 65s income is actually increasing all the time. They no longer need the discount.

More like the poor mythical long suffering under 35's.

Some OAP's have fought for this country to earn any sort of respect and discounts available to them.

I wonder what most under 35's have contributed to earn any discount! :rofl:

More like the poor mythical long suffering under 35's.

Some OAP's have fought for this country to earn any sort of respect and discounts available to them.

I wonder what most under 35's have contributed to earn any discount! :rofl:

For Christ sake.

It's an undeniable fact that under 35s have lower disposable income than over 65s (feel free to prove me wrong). Its undeniable that under 35 unemployment is higher in the last 5 years that it has been for a long time.

How many OAPs do you think fought for this country? We were last at war in 1945, thats 70 years ago. Lets assume you went to war at 15, thats means you have to be 85. How many 85 year old are there at speedway? The reality most OAPs did NOT fight for this country.

They have contributed as much as the OAPS have. you know, the ones who have left the country buggered. It sure as hell isn't the under 35s who have left the country in a financial mess is it? When did the rubbish hit the fan? 2007, so it was going on in the years leading up to that, so about 2000 to 2007 yes? That means if you were 18 in 2000-2007 you are now circa-35. So no, it's not the under 35 who have ruined the country, caused mass-unemployment, caused house prices to reach catastrophic highs.